SCCA_Racer

SCCA_Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:San Fransisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:01
I am in the market to get my transponder, but was wonder where you guys purchase yours? I have been on AMB's website and it looks like they control pricing on the outside retailers so I did not find a cheaper retailer. I have seen in other places about group buys, but has anyone done that? What about buying a used tansponder and how durable are they? Also is it just personal preference if I go battery or wired? I know battery means that I will always have to charge it, but how long will the battery last, a weekend, a day, a session? I am considering the wired unit as it is install it and forget it, but I have another car I take to open track days and it is nice using the rental transponder to see my laps.
Lastly where do you guys mount your transponder, or is that a secret?
Thanks for the help.
P.S. the first day I would use the transponder would be either April 1st or April 8th.
Joshua Fine
Sealed Spec Miata (SCCA)
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
IMO, Wire it and forget it.

Here's a thread on it if you haven't seen it already.
http://mazdaracers.c...ch__1#entry1779
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
It's easy enough to put a connector on the hardwire and wire each of your cars. The placement depends on the series. AIM suggests front wheel well but the local circle track requires front of right rear wheel well.

Ken Wilkinson

Ken Wilkinson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:Mid Atlantic
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:228
We did a group buy a year ago, PM me if you want contact info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users