Zauskycop

Zauskycop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:45

Well, this happened last week at Blackhawk Farms, but I just didn't have the urge to edit it and post it until today.  I posted the exit for maybe other racers to learn, and discuss.   Brief story, newish racer to the track decided that an inside line into a tight chicane would work if he had two tires on the grass.   I'm fine...bruised (maybe fractured) tailbone...not bad at all really.

Car is a 91 and would cost 4, maybe 5k to get back to where it was, or I could part it out for 5k pretty easily.   Makes that decision easy.   I was going to build a 99 this winter anyway, but not the way I wanted it to go....

Onto version 2.0...

Tracy Ramsey
45 SM
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

Well that sucks,, good luck with the 99

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38
Justin Hille just went through the same thing. He is now in a 99 as well.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48
:( sorry to see... Good luck with the 99

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23
That sucks. How'd you break your tailbone? Which seat were you using?

Good to hear that you're mostly unscathed and good luck with the next car!
  • William Bonsell likes this

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Sorry that happened Tracy.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Well, this happened last week at Blackhawk Farms, but I just didn't have the urge to edit it and post it until today.  I posted the exit for maybe other racers to learn, and discuss.   Brief story, newish racer to the track decided that an inside line into a tight chicane would work if he had two tires on the grass.   I'm fine...bruised (maybe fractured) tailbone...not bad at all really.

Car is a 91 and would cost 4, maybe 5k to get back to where it was, or I could part it out for 5k pretty easily.   Makes that decision easy.   I was going to build a 99 this winter anyway, but not the way I wanted it to go....

Onto version 2.0...

First glad you weren't hurt. It is very hard to tell the car flipped in the video( at least it is for me) I didn't think it flipped until I saw you exiting.

When you reached in at the end to pull out your radio harness it was symbolic of you pulling the plug on the car :( Sorry I have had to do this twice. Once my fault, once someone elses. It always sucks and both times I was questioning my sanity and was all of this worth the expense. My advice, get moving on it. I dread spending the money, but once it is gone, i rarely think about it :(

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Zauskycop

Zauskycop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:45

Thanks everyone...  I THINK I bruised/broke my tailbone when (my best guess) I moved forward in a belts after the first hit, and when the car bucked up to flip, it probably smacked me i the rear?   Can't really tell much....   I used  a Pro2000 seat, but (soon to be reviewed) I run no padding in the bottom...I like sitting low.

Tracy Ramsey
45 SM
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

That really sucks. Been there, done that when an overly exuberant ITA driver killed my 91 in 2009 at Mid Ohio. Saw an appropriate bumper srticker last week that read:

"Watch out for the idiot behind me". I'm plannning to add it to the rear bumper of #60.

Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year