Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Hi Johnny  :banana:

So tell us what was on your mind? A new shortcut? An attempt at Thunderhill West track record  :optimist: ?

I couldn't make it this WE, looks like I missed something!

This: http://gotbluemilk.c...es/image74.html

Ok to answer your question. Lap one, It's Fred, David, and me, like 3rd, 4th and 5th. PTE car was 1st, David brother was 2nd.

So Fred goes off rt at 9 but comes back on track, David goes lt to miss but spins on track and I barely hit him (spining top)

I get by, Fred's gone, I get into chase the rabbit mode, I'm chasing him down. At the limit, I go over 9, and honestly I don't remember, but I think I lost the end and broke loose in 9, and was way out, front bumper flying, going full Ag.

So between 9 and 12.

With front bumper gone, I get back on track, behind #83, coming to the checked, I'm on him coming off 15, I draft him, maybe he missed a shift, I get by, Fred p3, David p4, me p5.

I was 11 points back from David in 2nd, trying to gain points not loose, so F up on my part.

Last round, winner gets a set of Toyo RRs, 2nd get a free weekend with NCRC i think.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

what no video ????? Funny thing is last race Fred was talking about what a scary ride going off in 9 can be

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Was looking for a camera at Walmart but they were out. Got one at the proshop, paid more but for a good cause to get the track extension so..

Anyway, part 2 of Johnny D diaries. The bumpers in the field, got a race coming up, need my bumpers.

Asked the lady at pregrid, she said end of the day. Saw Luc and Dave eating lunch to went over there to ask.

They said no, would have to stop the session to go get it, etc.

Bike were running Sat. so I said when one goes off, and they always do, can you put my bumper on the list to pick up. They said yes.

Called it in, the guy says, oh no prob I'll go get it right now. a couple minutes later I got my bumper.

Back at the car, I had marks were the alignment shop had set my toe, etc. Couple were off, I set them back.
Tie wrap and duck tape bumper, put front wheels on, drop car, couple more pieces of tape.

Call to grid, put gas, get dressed, hope in, warm up, green...

Half a lap in I'm all WTF ???

Didn't torque my lug nuts. :dope:

Cut across bypass road and into pit in.

Get to my pit, wave at my neighbor, "torque my nuts !!!!"

He did get me back on track, but geez, sy.

Sunday was better.

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

The camera guy caught David's spin. Below the pic, if you hit the right blue arrow, you get a cheap idea what I was dealing with.

http://gotbluemilk.c...es/image21.html

J~

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

The camera guy caught David's spin. Below the pic, if you hit the right blue arrow, you get a cheap idea what I was dealing with.

J~

That was seriously close... Wow...

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

J~

Hot damn!  Ken Block's got nothing on that move. :)

• Johnny D likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Hot damn!  Ken Block's got nothing on that move. :)

He's never said he could run circles around me, but it sure looked like he was trying. :D

No way to get him DQ'd for blocking?? :scratchchin:

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

2nd race Sunday, 2 parts.

The grey BMW, sy, being nice, running under vintage rules.

Sorry for getting into Al and Daniel, not good for my duck taped bumper either.

J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users