Dan Tiley

Dan Tiley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Number:33

Dan,

That's some shoddy build quality right there. I'd be on the phone with my builder asking for a refund of my entry fee. :laughing:

Yeah, the build quality sucks, but at least it was really expensive :)

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:26

Thanks Keith - where did ya go? Tiley needed a drafting partner!

I can't find the Chicken emoticon, so I'll go with I just couldn't afford a mistake  :(  It took me 15 seconds of rain driving in Daytona two weeks ago to bounce off the armco.  Getting that blue armco paint off the car was a pain.  I can only imagine getting the yellow paint of the safer barrier off.  Next time.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

G.Obadia

G.Obadia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Year:2008
  • Car Number:66 SM5

The SM5 does really make us look like a heros in the rain. Electronics are great (until one day they fail me and I may change my opinion).

Big thanks to Meathead Racing for a great weekend! The enduro strategy was spot on and so was the service. Great fun racing Sebastian in the rain and dry.

ElginRacing / Meathead Racing / Radial Tire Co / York Automotive
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

I am new to spec miata and SCCA. I learned a valuable lesson this weekend, if there is a problem with the grid sheet speak up. As I pulled up to grid on Sunday I was placed in 14th which I found to be strange. I was not late to grid there was simply a mistake in timing during qualifying Saturday. I attempted to file a protest but by this point we were under the 5 minute warning. After the race I spoke with Sara, I believe she was the head scrutineer. Apparently my time was mixed up with another cars time, as I came around I would trip his time and he would trip mine. When I spoke with Sara after the race she informed me I was suppose to be pole for Sundays race (I contribute that to the push I received  from Todd Lamb, Thanks!). Moral of the story is always check the grid sheet and if there is a problem say something cause they won't fix it!! Not trying to cry here just mad I wasn't at the front to battle it out with the top 4-5! Awesome show guys! 

I was really impressed with the caliber of drivers and competition this weekend. All in all it was a great time and I learned a ton! Dan you're right about the MX-5 guys, very impressive! Looking forward to the next one!

Evidently you have not seen this video.  There may be some ideas in ther for you...

• ccrowel5 and Eurotechnik like this

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

Still funny after all these views.

• David L likes this

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Yes, BUT, the question is, what did he do to who that he received the your last treatment.  :scratchchin:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

What???  

ccrowel5

ccrowel5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

hahahaha! That's hysterical I've never seen that. I don't feel nearly as bad about it now! 

I'm Seventh!!!!!!!! 

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

It gets funnier everytime you watch it.  "Blazing Saddles" and "I was Seventh" FTW

• ccrowel5 likes this

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

What???  

Curious, why he was held untill the last starting position.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

Curious, why he was held untill the last starting position.

Read post #18, it was a T&S issue (error).  

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

When you grid (even though he was gridded incorrectly) and they send the cars out, you must go when they point to you, or you will have to stay there until the last car goes.   This applied to him because he wanted to wait one more position and go in spot #7.  It would also apply if you stalled and couldn't get started until after they moved on to the next car.

wheel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users