Photo

.Hitler hears about the enforcement of the neat and clean rule- SCCA MARRS series

- - - - - No parity

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

So 50/50 means ???

Still don't know if Schabi/Aw33com Bondo bucket would pass, but better than some lady looking at it and saying

oh dear did you get hit? I don't think you can race, etc., etc.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

G.Obadia

G.Obadia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Year:2008
  • Car Number:66 SM5

Nobody is mentioning the large number of s..tboxes that show up to Summit each race weekend. The majority are in classes that long ago should have gotten the axe. Paper mache  and rust do not belong in racing, but, if that's all you can come up with its time to give up the dream. If you want to race a pos, Lemons has the venue for you. Yes its amateur racing but some of us respect the sport and the club (most of the time) too much to bring junk to the track. Its about time the Region did something about this.

This thread has nothing to do with NASA.

The video is hilarious.

ElginRacing / Meathead Racing / Radial Tire Co / York Automotive
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I with you, good equipment, clean cars. SCCA in each reg should or does do this about each year, I thought.

And those options that you and I gave are good too.

Or he need to sit out a while, save up and fix it.

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Well let's remember that everyone doesn't have the money to present a show car and buy Hoosiers that last 5 heat cycles.

The WDC region doesn't draw from a high income region like SF.

Maybe only the 1% should be allowed to race.

It'll start looking like Grand Am real quick.

• David L and MarekM like this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:29

If they want to keep the cars looking good maybe they should start handing out penalties for the guys wading up cars at every event. Just because people have money to buy/rebuild cars every weekend doesn't mean they belong on the race track, does it?  

• Todd Green likes this
You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

David L

David L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Car Number:29

Pretty harsh in my opinion. I don't think anyone should give up there DREAM of car racing because they can't afford a fresh car time and time again. I didn't realize our tv audience was lagging due to the ugly cars.  It's club racing!!!!! 

If it passes tech then you should be allowed to drive. I don't remember ever seeing any cars with body panels flying off mid race or getting hit with any rust but I'll have to check my video's.    

Nobody is mentioning the large number of s..tboxes that show up to Summit each race weekend. The majority are in classes that long ago should have gotten the axe. Paper mache  and rust do not belong in racing, but, if that's all you can come up with its time to give up the dream. If you want to race a pos, Lemons has the venue for you. Yes its amateur racing but some of us respect the sport and the club (most of the time) too much to bring junk to the track. Its about time the Region did something about this.

You've been served - Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

1) (now I'm sounding like Jamz...) WTF, this thread started with Hitler screaming, why so serious ???

2) SCCA is like this, nothing wrong with this at all, just like a golf club whatever. They filter out people that don't meet up to the standard, IMO.

3) If you can't hang, meaning $$ and everything required, you can quite, race not very often, rent or do another club.

I'm in this boat currently.

4) so another club, I said 50/50... there's Lemons too.

18.1.3 Car Condition

All competition vehicles must be in good condition. Excessive body damage, primered body panels, etc., will

not be allowed. The vehicle’s mechanical condition must always meet the safety requirements and not pose a

hazard. The vehicle may be inspected for safety violations at anytime while at the race facility. The competition

vehicles must meet the “50/50” rule that means they must look undamaged and straight at fifty (50) mph from

fifty (50) feet. Only the Race Director, Executive Director, or the race promoter may grant exceptions to this

rule.

J~

Forrest Landy

Forrest Landy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Car Number:41

I don't really think that the WDCR brought this rule up to annoy just the miata people. I think with the support of Mazdaspeed anyone can get their car looking to the acceptable level by MARRS 1 next year. I know it's tough for some and I agree with david that this isnt the way to go about detering contact. But,I think this rule's real purpose is to polietly ask the IT and Prod cars whos duct tape/bondo additions are now permenant fenders and have been for multiple events, to clean their cars up a bit or go race somewhere else.... although to quote Hitler maybe they should just man up and buy and SM5. whats the worst that could happen... :duck:

Don't drive like my brother!

Forrest Landy

Forrest Landy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Car Number:41

If it passes tech then you should be allowed to drive. I don't remember ever seeing any cars with body panels flying off mid race or getting hit with any rust but I'll have to check my video's.    

Ive seen a couple panels, bumpers, windscreens etc go flyig mid race...... usually just the normal shenanigans though.

Don't drive like my brother!

G.Obadia

G.Obadia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Car Year:2008
  • Car Number:66 SM5
"Time and time again"?

I raced in marrs ssm for 4 years and in that time I replaced 1 body panel. When I started I made enough to qualify for govt assistance and I was still able to build and maintain the nicest ssm ever built and raced. 1% my ass. And mind you, that was when, any 11 cars could win that weekend.

Have you seen some of the cars in our region? Some of them are downright embarrassing. Has someone mentioned its the rule, And that it is not a new rule. Who cares why they want to enforce it.

You have all winter. There should be pride in your dream. And if someone smashes it file a protest or beat them up.*

Sorry I sound angry.

*that was a joke (the beat up part)
  • Ron Alan likes this
ElginRacing / Meathead Racing / Radial Tire Co / York Automotive

Sebastian Landy

Sebastian Landy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Car Number:49

1) (now I'm sounding like Jamz...) WTF, this thread started with Hitler screaming, why so serious ???

2) SCCA is like this, nothing wrong with this at all, just like a golf club whatever. They filter out people that don't meet up to the standard, IMO.

3) If you can't hang, meaning $$ and everything required, you can quite, race not very often, rent or do another club.

I'm in this boat currently.

4) so another club, I said 50/50... there's Lemons too.

18.1.3 Car Condition

All competition vehicles must be in good condition. Excessive body damage, primered body panels, etc., will

not be allowed. The vehicle’s mechanical condition must always meet the safety requirements and not pose a

hazard. The vehicle may be inspected for safety violations at anytime while at the race facility. The competition

vehicles must meet the “50/50” rule that means they must look undamaged and straight at fifty (50) mph from

fifty (50) feet. Only the Race Director, Executive Director, or the race promoter may grant exceptions to this

rule.

J~

I know that from the other thread posted, that 50/50 rule was the base line that at least some of the stewards were using.

Don't drive like my brother

2013 MARRS SM Champion

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Interestingly NASA's standard does not include rubber bumper covers. Guess it's OK to race with half the nose ripped off.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Car Number:15
Wow you guys are like a bunch of old folks sitting around the kitchen table drinking coffee and talking about who died that day.

Chill out, relax, the WDCR logbook entries are nothing new. Been done every year I have been racing with the exception of one I believe. Also don't beleive they have ever stopped anyone from racing unless the damage was really bad.

If your car looks like shit from 50 feet away at 50 mph it has to be pretty bad, like mine
  • Sebastian Landy likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Curious, has the un-fixed damage increased since NASA came about?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Wow you guys are like a bunch of old folks

Get off my yard!

Damn kids.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

So when your tired of fixing body damage and want to try something new, pick one of these up....

http://exomotive.com/exocet/

Ron

RAmotorsports

steve

steve

CFO MEATHEAD Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Car Number:90

Have you seen some of the cars in our region? Some of them are downright embarrassing.

Hey!

• MarekM likes this
STEVE

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Hey!

Hey!, I resemble that remark!!  :rotfl:

J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users