AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56

Early word that I am hearing from Neohio is that if SM gets 20 cars (again), we will get our own race group and $25 off our registration fee....

Still got a month to go but figure I'd let everyone know about this "deal"

I was also told there will be a different cheif stewart and  she knows that its a GLD points weekend, so hopefully that means some tech this year????

will anyone be able to take charlie down this year? ?how high will the hippies get at the quarry park??? guess we shall find out

plus i have a new motor so come out and race me

caveman just stay home, nelson cant handle you

frank come tackle your fear of nelson, it doesnt bite that often

novak.....pls keep your restrictor in this time

i will be punting kucera in the last race of the weekend cause im still bitter from last year but i already warned him

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

12 SM signed up on motorsports reg....14 if kuch brothers stop being lazy and get signed up.

i see murdick is signed up :banana: cmon john guthrie...come play with us

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Someone forgot to tell Brian that he already has the regional championship wrapped-up.

edit: Oops, my bad - Guthrie could theoretically still win the championship if he won at least one day and finished no lower than 2nd the other day, providing that Murdick finishes out of the points or stays home.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Someone forgot to tell Brian that he already has the regional championship wrapped-up.

edit: Oops, my bad - Guthrie could theoretically still win the championship if he won at least one day and finished no lower than 2nd the other day, providing that Murdick finishes out of the points or stays home.

Murdick has to have raced at least one race at two different tracks, thus his is coming to run as all his points are at Mid O.

I am one point behind Murdick but DQ'd because I qualified for the runoffs.(most recent weekend is not yet posted)

Guthrie would also have to come for the two track requirement and would have to finish well ahead of Murdick.

BTW i think they may drop the DQ for qualifying for the runoffs next year so that would put more GLD drivers in contention, which is a good thing.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Great Lakes regional championship rules currently state that a driver is ineligible if they have scored 13 or more national points in the division. Drivers that compete in the Runoffs are also ineligible.

I suppose that since there will be no regional/national distinction in 2014 this will be a moot point.

I do think that the ineligibility rule should remain if you compete in the Runoffs. (Kinda like LeBron wanting to play in a highschool championship.) Give the "little guys" something to shoot for.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Lebron James = Frank Todaro LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 and AJ Roderick like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Lebron James = Frank Todaro LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

:rotfl:  :rotfl:

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
I do not disagree if you do the runoffs but qualifying for the run offs should. It close the door

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

bvondran

bvondran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car Year:1990
16 SM's and counting. Looking forward to meeting a number of you. This will be my fourth race weekend since getting my license, but first since early July due to work commitments. I'll be in the red 57 trying to stay out of everyone's way.

Thanks,
Brian

bvondran

bvondran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
And working on getting faster....
  • B(Kuch)Kucera45 likes this

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45
Brian,stop by if you need any help or pointers. I'll be glad to help you out !
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Brian,stop by if you need any help or pointers. I'll be glad to help you out !

dont listen to bob, he tends to flip cars in turn 3!! LOL

but seriously bob is pretty good around NL, hes a good guy to ask questions. good thing his car is slow :toast:

bvondran

bvondran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
I bought the answer was everybody flips a car at NL. I've run sound for MVR for the last six years or so, and the there don't seem to be many small offs.

Brian

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
Good luck to my friend Brian Murdick going for the GLD SM championship, In likely the oldest SM in the country, racing the #17 since 2002. Also To Gary Ellis running his 99 Miata for the ITS championship. Keep warm Guys if it snows.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

racing the #17 since 2002

Actually since 2001 if you count the year Brian ran ITA because SM wasn't a class yet in CenDiv Area4. I believe Brian only needs to finish race 2 on Saturday to wrap-up the GL regional championship.

• FTodaro likes this

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Actually since 2001 if you count the year Brian ran ITA because SM wasn't a class yet in CenDiv Area4. I believe Brian only needs to finish race 2 on Saturday to wrap-up the GL regional championship.

pretty sure he only needs to finish so he has raced 2 tracks

• FTodaro likes this

bvondran

bvondran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Just wanted to say that this was a great event.  I met a lot of nice people and there was a lot of good racing. Saturday's afternoon rain race was crazy, and I appreciate everyone missing me when I spun in turn 3 on the first lap.  10th to last very quick! Yikes.

Ran a personal best of 1:20.8, about a second under my last personal best.  Many thanks to Dan Jones and Kristen Novak for showing me the way and helping me get there.  There's a lot more time left in the car, looking forward to getting even faster next year.

So it was a great season, got my license and kept getting faster.  Really need to learn some race craft.  I could get to people, but couldn't think far enough ahead to figure out how to get by.  Missed three events this year due to work,  hopefully that doesn't happen again.  Starting prep for next year soon and then putting the car away for the winter in mid-November.  Looking forward to seeing everybody next year.

Thanks,

Brian

#57 SM

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
Congrats to Brian Murdick SM Great Lakes champ and Gary Ellis ITS champ.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Dave Metz

Dave Metz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:36

Congrats to Brian Murdick SM Great Lakes champ and Gary Ellis ITS champ.

+1

This was a great weekend of racing. Had a blast. Look forward to running with everyone again next year.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users