Photo

Announcing the Opening of Registration for the 20th American Road Race of Champions (ARRC) by Grassroots Motorsports November 1-3

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

nickatgt

nickatgt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:Atlanta

arrc-logo-with-grm.jpg

First, congratulations to everyone that made the Runoffs this year. Go fast and safe.

The Atlanta Region SCCA would like to announce the opening of registration for the 20th
running of the American Road Race of Champions, November 1 – 3, 2013.

Join us for a 3-day event at Road Atlanta that promises great racing and a lot of fun!!!

http://atlantascca.c.../the-2013-arrc/

Schedule at a glance:

Wednesday October 30, 2013

Registration Opens at 4:00 pm

Gates open for Paddock move-in at 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm

Thursday October 31, 2013

Road Atlanta Test Day

Friday November 1, 2013

Qualifying Sessions

Pro-IT Race

Saturday November 2, 2013

ARRC Championship Races

Sunday November 3, 2013

“Luck of the Draw” Spec Miata Pro Challenge

Trans Am Race

2 ½ Hour Enduro Race I had incorrect duration down on initial post 2.5 hours, not 3.5 hours

nickatgt

nickatgt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Thanks for everyone's feedback regarding the "Luck of the Draw" Feature Race. Here is what we came up with, I hope you will join us.

Luck of the Draw Feature Race

The Luck of the Draw Feature Race is a special feature race for any SM that have raced in prior days ARRC or Pro-IT events or are registered to race in the ECR on Sunday afternoon. The objective is to provide a fun race in a different format with a monetary payout to competing drivers. This will be a Pro race where $100 of the entry fee will be allocated for driver payout. 

1. Entry Deadline: In order to set the grid, Luck of the Draw participants must register by 12:00 pm (Noon) Saturday November 2.
  2. Car Eligibility: In order to be eligible to race in this event all cars must meet the SM specifications defined by the GCR and the SEDIV regional racing rules. In order to be eligible for payout the car also must have entered and ran in prior days events or registered and run in the ECR.
  3. Grid: There will be no qualifying session for this race. Grid positions will be determined by the cars fastest lap time from prior days qualifying or races. Grid positions will be assigned in reverse order to speed of the car (i.e. the fastest cars will be at the back of the grid and slowest at the front of the grid).
  4. Start: Any car observed jumping the start may receive a black flag and a drive through penalty.
  5. Race LengthThe race will be 20 laps or 40 minutes in length, whichever comes first.
  6. Payout: We will draw for payout, with money going to 5 drivers 45%, 25%, 15%, 10%, 5%.  Everyone gets one chance by entering and turning a wheel in the race. Top finishers get extra chance at the drawing in the following allocation:

a.     1st place 5 extra chances

b.     2nd place 4 extra chances

c.     3rd place 3 extra chances

d.     4th place 2 extra chances

e.     5th place 1 extra chance

f.      Last place finisher will also get 1 extra chance.

g.     Winner of the race will also receive a magnum of Champagne and picture taken for the ARRC archives and published race wrap-up. 

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

I may be in the minority, but I think this will help revitalize the name "Spec Pinata."  OTOH, the attrition from the day before may thin out the field.....

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Car Number:53

The Magnum of Champagne is from my personal stash of Winners Circle bubbly. This will make it a collectors item. Trevor Bayne got the last bottle like this just before he won the Daytona 500. This alone should make you enter like you were voting in Chicago. I'll even autograph this bottle for you.

Remember, entering this years ARRC will assure you a spot in the 2014 ARRC which is now scheduled as a four day event. Need I say more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users