Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

I understand the GTFO. Why don't you post a schedule for 700 cars and 2? some classes.  :bigsquaregrin:

It's not too hard.  classes A, B, C and D run on Wednesday.  they each have 30 min practices (2hrs), they each have 30 min quals (2hrs), they each have races (3 hours).  That's a 7 hour day with lots of slack and a lunch.  Next day you do it all again with classes E, F, G, and H.   Event totally finished in 5 days, 10 days if we add a test day before each race day (which would f*ing rock).

But boo hoo, we gotta pretend people care about other classes and be social.  F* that.

You'll note this plan also vaporizes any crowding issues since there should only be about 150 trailers on site at any one time and allows runoffs at smaller venues.  You're welcome folks!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

It's not too hard.  classes A, B, C and D run on Wednesday.  they each have 30 min practices (2hrs), they each have 30 min quals (2hrs), they each have races (3 hours).  That's a 7 hour day with lots of slack and a lunch.  Next day you do it all again with classes E, F, G, and H.   Event totally finished in 5 days, 10 days if we add a test day before each race day (which would f*ing rock).

But boo hoo, we gotta pretend people care about other classes and be social.  F* that.

You'll note this plan also vaporizes any crowding issues since there should only be about 150 trailers on site at any one time and allows runoffs at smaller venues.  You're welcome folks!

How about fendered in one group and open in the other.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

My ideal runoffs:  test day, then 8am practice 10am qual 1pm race, GTFO.

Minus the test day this plan looks like one day.

Oh, I now understand this plan of yours is fluid, it changes as a challenge is presented.

Your GTFO plan may work for a for profit business (NASA), for the SCCA not so much.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Minus the test day this plan looks like one day.

Oh, I now understand this plan of yours is fluid, it changes as a challenge is presented.

Your GTFO plan may work for a for profit business (NASA), for the SCCA not so much.

Don't be an ass.  The plan didn't change at all.  It's still one day from the point of view of the racer.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Don't be an ass.  .

<---

Ya !!  :rotfl:

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

So have we figured something out ??

You know MRLS is smaller and not going to hold everyone, right?

J~

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Your GTFO plan may work for a for profit business (NASA), for the SCCA not so much.

Any specific reasons why?

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71

My understanding was that they went back to the old "long week" format for the 50th....so will they be returning to the "short week" format for the 51st?

It was indeed a long week - arriving Friday for Sat/Sun test, and staying until Sunday for STL.

At least running two classes with the same car you get plenty of time on track to dial in setup or try new things....the SM/STL combo is pretty good and the sessions were spread out nicely. But irregardless (a la: "I could care less" :optimist: ) running two classes shouldn't be a requirement for ample track time.

I was actually able to do this but not in SM but in B-Spec due to some weird occurances over the season in STL.  I was able to pile up enough points to signup the Mazda 2 for STL as well as the B-Spec class.  I was able to get on the track twice daily to tweak on the car and get the most out of all of the black flags (lol).  It also gave me a warm up on Sunday before the B-Spec race which made a big difference for a last minute hail mary suspension tweak which made all of the difference. 

I will be entering the Mazda 2 in STL again in 2014 to see if I can pull off the same thing again for Laguna Seca for doubling up on track time.

-Derrick

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I will be entering the Mazda 2 in STL again in 2014 to see if I can pull off the same thing again for Laguna Seca for doubling up on track time.

-Derrick

That worked really well for us in 2010 in STU.. But since then STl/Sm groupings and time has not really cooperated.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Runoffs, Qualifying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users