Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
Hi everyone,

Just wanting to get the initial information out there on the 2011 edition of the IT/SPEC*tacular. This is going to be a special year - the 5th running of this weekend championship event, in conjunction with the 25th Anniversary of Improved Touring, and the 50th Anniversary of the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Friday, July 29th will be a full day of Time Trial sessions. We will run the traditional PDX, and are discussing having Club Trial sessions for the participants who want to step up to timed competition on the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. As always, we will be looking for some Club Racers to give of their time and knowledge as Instructors. Not confirmed yet, but usually Mid-Ohio holds one of their Open Track sessions in the evening for practice and T&T.

Saturday and Sunday will be the three-race format for the IT/SPEC*tacular leading to crowning the Overall Champion in each class. We will have all the IT classes, Spec Miata, and Spec Racer Ford, along with Formula and Sports Racer classes. SM should have their own sessions. I believe we will be running the "Pro Course" this year (2.258 mile without the chichane going into the Keyhole) and will be using the "Pro Start" on the backstretch.

More info will be posted soon. But mark your calendars......

2011 IT/SPEC*tacular
July 29-31, 2011
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Number:88
Not only that - it's me and Deb's 10th year racing Wreck Me Oughtas. Add it all up 5+25+50+10 equals... 90

That's gotta mean something!

Fav event of the year. -Denny
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Dave Metz

Dave Metz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:36
As long as I can get my car finished before the school at Nelson, I'll be there.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

David Brown

David Brown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:Ohio Valley Region
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:08

As long as I can get my car finished before the school at Nelson, I'll be there.

Dave thats if you an get it teched..... I'm working on it and got your call and emails. Been out of town for a couple weeks. I will get with you.

db

Dave Metz

Dave Metz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:36
No problem, still have a fair amount of work to do on it yet.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Just an update on Cincy's IT/SPEC*tacular weekend. In addition to the 3-race format for the Overall Weekend Championship in each class, the Cincy Region will have the all day PDX on Friday, Mid-Ohio will have a special T&T session Friday evening, and Cincy will have a Club Trial session intermixed into the event on Saturday. This will be the first Club Trial put on in the Great Lakes Division and will be a Time Trial Level 2 timed event. It will be run as three two sessions throughout the day, and will look just like another "race" group except that some of the vehicles will likely be everyday drivers. Rules will be similar to the PDX format, except we will have four passing zones around the track.

Think about buying a PDX or Club Trial for that significant other that allows you to spend all your weekends at the track. Or for that crew member that puts up with your minor mistakes that they have to fix. Let them experience the thrills of going around Mid-Ohio just like you do, the same track that the stars from IRL and ALMS will be running the following weekend.

More info and registration will follow soon.

Jerry Cabe

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
It looks like registration for the July 29-31 Cincy IT/SPEC*tacular at Mid-Ohio is open for the PDX on Friday, Club Trial on Saturday, and the 3-race Club Race on Saturday/Sunday. SM will have their own race group and it will be large. Sign up early on MotorsportReg!

You can also advance order extra t-shirts that are always so popular for your family and crew. Part of proceeds go to supporting the hunt for a cure for ALS.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
A new contengency sponsor has been added for Spec Miata at the IT/SPEC*tacular this year. Fat Cat Motorsports has donated a Fat Cat Bump Stop Kit to be awarded to the highest placing finisher not currently running on the Fat Cat suspension. A few details still have to be firmed up, but watch the IT/SPEC*tacular website at www.cincyscca.com for the final details.

Jerry Cabe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users