Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Hi all

here is the in-car video from Sundays inverted grid race called the "Luck of the Draw Spec Miata Feature Race". It shows the first 6 laps and the last 4 laps. The middle ten laps were me running on my own out front trying the break the guys behind but all I succeeded in doing was drive the tires off the car!!!

For those that don't want to watch the whole thing the first two laps going through the field is fun viewing, as are the last two laps (14:30) and especially the last run out of T10A/B (17:30) where I went into the turn in 3rd and crossed the line in first.

• JRHille and JCOgle like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
You can't beat Road Atlanta for good racing! Awesome finish

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Great example of why this is such a great class to race in.  Thanks for sharing Danny.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48

Great finish!!!

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Number:57

I like these inverted grids because I get to watch myself (if only briefly) when the fast guys post their videos. 

I went from 11th starting position to sixth, and then, well, you can guess what happened.  I got passed by a lot of fast guys, BUT, it was great trying to hang with each of them as long as I could.

This was my third SM race and I made the biggest strides in reducing my lap times.  That's mainly because I was able to see (and get data showing) how fast these cars can go when driven (and set up) well.  I also got great feedback from Todd Lamb.  He hopped in my car for the Sunday warm up and was down to low 1:45's by the third lap, and said the car was capable of even more.  He helped me get into the 1:46's, so I was pretty happy driving home.

It was fun hanging, and picking brains, with Kyle, Frank, Justin, Topher, the Racing Analytics guys and many others, too (too many to mention).

One last thing:  I went to Cliff after a session to apologise for assuming he'd pass me on the left out of T5.  Instead, he chose right and was 4 wheels off.  It was no big deal to him.  In fact, I'm not even sure he remembered it.  :-)

• Jim Drago likes this

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Car Number:48

Russ, it was great meeting you and I hope the late video session/data on Saturday helped for Sunday. 

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I like these inverted grids because I get to watch myself (if only briefly) when the fast guys post their videos. 

I went from 11th starting position to sixth, and then, well, you can guess what happened.  I got passed by a lot of fast guys, BUT, it was great trying to hang with each of them as long as I could.

This was my third SM race and I made the biggest strides in reducing my lap times.  That's mainly because I was able to see (and get data showing) how fast these cars can go when driven (and set up) well.  I also got great feedback from Todd Lamb.  He hopped in my car for the Sunday warm up and was down to low 1:45's by the third lap, and said the car was capable of even more.  He helped me get into the 1:46's, so I was pretty happy driving home.

It was fun hanging, and picking brains, with Kyle, Frank, Justin, Topher, the Racing Analytics guys and many others, too (too many to mention).

One last thing:  I went to Cliff after a session to apologise for assuming he'd pass me on the left out of T5.  Instead, he chose right and was 4 wheels off.  It was no big deal to him.  In fact, I'm not even sure he rRumembered it.  :-)

Russ it was a pleasure meeting you look to see you in December, nice to know there is an ambulance close by if you need it.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users