Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
Here is my 2013 ARRC Spec Miata full race video. Unfortunately around the 8 minute mark, I lost power to the Traqmate which shut off the in-car camera and I lost the shift light as well. Bumper Cam for the remainder gives some interesting video highlights.....

• The start is awesome with the bumper cam
  • 13:30 to 19:00 has some pretty intense racing with lots of passing. Dan pushes Cliffy past me and Dan and I drive 4 turns side by side with Mark and Blake trying to get past too. Cliff opens up a lead in front of us. At the end of that lap Dan drops a wheel under the bridge at T11 and that lets Drennan get the run. Who would have thought that would have killed his momentum that much.
  • 17:00 Mark Drennan gets the run and tries the pass on me but gets sideways in T10A and that allows me to get back by with help from Blake 
  • 18:00  I have my Dukes of Hazard moment trying to pass a lapped car on the outside of T5 and Blake almost bumps me while I am still recovering!!! Really looks awesome with the rear view camera, especially the end of that lap with Blake all over my bumper! 
  • 31:00 Cliffy catches the lapped car that takes him all the way to the left of the track. I get past the lapper through T10 and get under Cliffy and make the pass by T1. The lapped driver goes for a wild ride through T1 behind Cliffy.
  • 32:30 Cliffy makes another pass attempt on the back straight and I manage to get it back going through T12 side by side again. This sets up the last lap.
  • 34:30 Cliffy makes the pass on the back straight but the side draft keeps me in the hunt for an amazing finish

Huge shout-out to Cliff, Mark, Voytek, Blake, Andrew, Dan and the rest of the amazing Spec Miata class for putting on such a great show! Hard, clean wheel to wheel racing all weekend! Absolutely LOVE racing this class. Wish I could do it every weekend!!!

• Bench Racer likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Mike Ferrara

Mike Ferrara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:Rocky Mtn.
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:53
I feel better watching this video.......for awhile I thought I was the lappet that got in Cliffy's way. But I saw on this video and my own, that I moved over before turn 1 and let them race.

What a great experience !!! That track will humble you. I clearly did not spend enough time on sim before I went there. Three days racing with the finest! Only would have been better if a certain someone wasn't at dancing with the stars!

Looking forward to racing with you guys at Sebring
  • svvs and Jim Drago like this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Donor - Made PayPal donation We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users