svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?

Has anyone tried the "new" Jongbloed wheels that Phil's tire service is carrying?

http://www.philstire...els/jrw-wheels/

I did some quick research on the company, and it seems like the wheels are made here in the US.  They look pretty good, and a bunch of different pro teams are using larger Jongbleod wheels according to the manufacturer website.

http://jongbloedracing.com/wordpress/

I've always used TD wheels, but need to finally get a set for my rains (the rain wheels I have came with the car and are the heaviest things I've ever felt).  At $105 each these look like a good deal, and they are a pretty good looking wheel (not as good looking as the momo ones but way cheaper).

Thoughts?

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Region:WDCR/Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:TBD

Site did not show a 7" width.  Do you know how much they weigh?

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

Site did not show a 7" width.  Do you know how much they weigh?

Phil's does.  15x7 13lbs

http://www.philstireservice.com/

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57

Jongbloed's have been around a long time.  They have a very good reputation.  Look's like a pretty great price, too.

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Heavy wheels for the rain tires is a good thing...reduces wheel spin......
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Parity

Parity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Number:51

I had Jongbloed's 305 Aero 3 piece on my Mustang. 18" x 10" weighed less than 17# but were easy to bend on curbing, etc. The rims were metal spun while the hubs were machined forgings and hardcoat anodized. Good quality wheel but not known for being cheap. At the price I have to wonder if the one piece they're promoting is made in USA or not.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
I have a set I tested. They look pretty cool. I didn't like how they have such resessed lug holes. They said they were going to fix it for the real ones. Not a big deal though....
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Phil's does.  15x7 13lbs

http://www.philstireservice.com/

In Stock Now!

15×7 4×100 in Silver or Black / +25mm or +30mm / 54.1 centerbore

14 attachment points for strength

13.5 lbs

it would be nice if it were 13 even.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?

I have a set I tested. They look pretty cool. I didn't like how they have such resessed lug holes. They said they were going to fix it for the real ones. Not a big deal though....

Hmm.  Did you have any trouble getting a 17mm or 19mm impact socket into them?  Was it a problem when using long studs?

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

philstireservice

philstireservice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Hmm.  Did you have any trouble getting a 17mm or 19mm impact socket into them?  Was it a problem when using long studs?

17mm socket fits great ...19mm socket fits good

Just like with any other wheel you don't want to use the stock lug nuts. Make sure the lugs you use have a big 60 degree seat. Much better contact with the wheel.

http://philstireservice.com Enkei Team Dynamics The Miata Wheel Motegi Apex Wedsport Hoosier Toyo BFG Michelin Nankang Federal

philstireservice

philstireservice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

In Stock Now!

15×7 4×100 in Silver or Black / +25mm or +30mm / 54.1 centerbore

14 attachment points for strength

13.5 lbs

it would be nice if it were 13 even.

TR Motorsport wheels are 13.6 - 13.8

Team Dynamic wheels are 13.5 - 13.9

D-Force wheels are 13.5 - 13.8

Kosei wheels are 13.5 - 14.0

there are some exceptions but for most part all the wheels are in the same weight range

http://philstireservice.com Enkei Team Dynamics The Miata Wheel Motegi Apex Wedsport Hoosier Toyo BFG Michelin Nankang Federal

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts

I went and visited the booth at PRI today and weighed the wheel on a MKT scale in the next booth.  It is 13.88 lbs and looks like the old 949 wheel.  It has a painted finish and is available in silver or black.

• Derrick Ambrose likes this
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

TR Motorsport wheels are 13.6 - 13.8

Team Dynamic wheels are 13.5 - 13.9

D-Force wheels are 13.5 - 13.8

Kosei wheels are 13.5 - 14.0

there are some exceptions but for most part all the wheels are in the same weight range

And is it just me, or of these, are the TeamDynamics the hardest to seat and the most likely to need balanced? 

The Koseis were strong and well-balanced, and even easy to clean, too bad they were lugcentric and +38mm ...

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts

Saul, I went back to using the Kosei and have had fewer hub issues and less tire slippage on the rim.

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com

bmw251

bmw251

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
Mike,

The kosei's on the tire rack site claim to be under 13lbs... Are they wrong? Are they ok for us to use?

Greg

Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

I've seen the 15x7 K1R's listed as 13.5 lb.

I like the looks of the K1TS, but I think I've seen those at 12.5 lb.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

bmw251

bmw251

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
On tire rack site. K1R....12.4lbs at 30 offset

Greg

Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

25mm offset are 13.5 lbs.  Those are the ones you want for SM.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
I race the K1 38mm offset and it is over 13 lbs. Been using the wheel in SM for 12 years.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com

Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

I race the K1 38mm offset and it is over 13 lbs. Been using the wheel in SM for 12 years.

Do you run the 13mm spacer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users