Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

cganilo93

cganilo93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Looking for some help with respect to vehicle branding.  I recently purchased a 95 SM that needs some exterior paintwork or wrapping for this upcoming season.  I traditionally race in SCCA but can't seem to locate any official instructions on what's required in terms of exterior branding, numbering and SCCA stickers.  Perusing the web there are clearly no officially mandated rules that I can locate so any help here would be helpful.

I'm most interested in finding out:

1. Where am I required to put the car number?
  2. Am I required to put "MAZDASPEED" stickers anywhere on the car?
  3. Am I required to put any other SCCA partner logo's on the car?  (IE Hoosier, SafeRacer)

Thanks a ton.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

You are required to have 3 SCCA (official) stickers on your car.  Both sides and the front.  9" numbers with 1.5" brush stroke that can be CLEARLY read by REALLY old people from far away(!) on both sides and the front (hood).

Mazdaspeed has there own requirements, if you want to participate in the mazdaspeed program you need to get there stuff.

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
✓  Best Answer

All in the GCR, section 9.3.29

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

cganilo93

cganilo93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks gents....should have known it was in the GCR. 

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?

What isn't in the GCR and may be a good thing to do would be to also put your class and car number on the rear bumper area of the car.  If your region does a second run group for miatas, it may be mixed SSM, SM2, STL, ITS, ITA.....etc.  Comes in handy to know who you are racing against and for people to quickly identify your class (and who you are).

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Parity

Parity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51
Also if you're considering running any NASA events you'll want to check their GCR as well. Some of the numbering requirements are a little different but you can satisfy both as long as you know what they are. Of course you would also need the NASA stickers.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Worth noting: some regions of the SCCA and NASA have a snit fit if the "other guys" logo isn't covered with tape.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Peter Olivola

Peter Olivola

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

9.3.29. IDENTIFICATION MARKINGS

Logos and decals of sanctioning bodies other than SCCA shall be removed
or covered (car and driver’s suit).

GCR Pg 101

Worth noting: some regions of the SCCA and NASA have a snit fit if the "other guys" logo isn't covered with tape.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SCCA, Branding, Numbers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users