• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:29
Alex, GREAT race! As I said after that one, I could have lived with first or second, just wanted to give 100% and see what happened. Wow, that was fun.

On a completely different topic, but I think a positive one....TIRES. I ran 6's every session except Sunday. My incar camera SAT and for all practice and Q sessions were a struggle with the steering wheel...the 7's where very easy to drive. One difference we noticed looking at the data (Jim ran 6's on Sat and Sun) was they are better in the turns and slower on the strait. This being said, our data shows that a 6 may be faster at the beginning of a run or a single lap, but the 7 is more consistent. Alex and Lamb ran 7s, and those cars are what I based my decision to change on sunday on, even though I won Sat. I struggled to go fast, and it took ALL I had the last 5 on Sat. My lap times on Sunday were the Slowest I had all week because of the slower strait speed with the 7's, but the car was easier to drive, which made it easier to pass.
I think we are on to something with this tire. Several at the front, including Alex and Lamb were on cycled 7's......mine were stickers, because I had never tried them before, but was impressed with the grip Alex had Sat at the end. Rolling speed may be slower, but IMHO a better race tire.
  • RussMcB likes this
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

I thought my 7's were better Sunday (one heat cycle) then Sat as stickers.

Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users