Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
We are going to do another ask the Experts V2.0 The plan is do do it on April 8 @7:00 central. I am currently looking in to better software to do this where we can have 5-10 experts speaking and and answering questions rather than typing out etc. The attendee's can all type in questions. That will allow us to cover much more ground

I am looking at doing another ask the experts with a better software where we can have 5-10 experts that can answer live on mic and have all the people attending type in their questions. Similar to what Glen did with Traqmate and Fuse.

Questions for you guys...
What would you like us to cover?
Who would you like to see on the expert panel?

Suggestions and ideas are what makes these things beneficial for all. None of mind donating the time, the thanks we we get from donating the time is that you guys learn something and feel it was worth wasting 90 minutes of your free time.

Thanks
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Eric Foss if you can get him.  He has some great advice for the higher skill level drivers.  

Lamb, Drago, Berry, Steyn on what it takes to prep mentally to win.  Love to have some of the Florida boys speak on team work and what it takes to learn new tracks as they travel.  

Maybe a separate ask the expert on mechanical issues, Fowler, Wheeler, Meathead, Haldeman and Hedrick should cover most of the country and give people someone local to relate to. 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

SaulSpeedwell, A.K.A. the golfer, A.K.A. Mark Bennett.

• MPR22 and B(Kuch)Kucera45 like this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

I always enjoy this, lots of good info but with the newbie thread...

Any interested in a expert forum where only the experts can/should reply, then you don't need to wait for the next chat to come to town ??

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

AKA Dickie Drago, AKA Dwayne Hoover, AKA Zsolt Baumgartner...

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Breaking news.. I have reached out to Randy Pobst, He graciously accepted my invitation! He is going to spend an hour with us as our guest expert! Can't thank him enough! Start thinking of some questions
Jim
  • Armando Ramirez, DrDomm and Derrick Ambrose like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

I always enjoy this, lots of good info but with the newbie thread...

Any interested in a expert forum where only the experts can/should reply, then you don't need to wait for the next chat to come to town ??

J~

I think an expert only chat would be awesome, as long as I could watch.

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jeff Wasilko

Jeff Wasilko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:08

Is this happening tonight?

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Number:57

I'm guessing no.  I had a calendar alarm go off reminding me of it, but it hasn't been mentioned recently, so I'm guessing it's not tonight.

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

I'd like to thank everyone for a great one. One of the best one's in a long time. :)

I'm sure a transcripts will be posted shortly.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Sorry, Time got away from me. I have to test some software etc that is better than what we have and do a practice run. If anyone uses something regularly that would allow 3-5 people to be live and answer questions on mic while the rest type in questions let me know. A volunteer would be even better. I guess there are many programs that will do this. We used the one on traqmate webinar that went well. We need to be able to cover the questions faster and more efficiently and record the session
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Rob Hines

Rob Hines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

You may want to try something like gotomeeting... You can use mics for discussion and the moderator can read questions that the participants typed in.  You can also use webcams or show slides.  

Roger Caddell

Roger Caddell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Fuze it what I used for the last AiM Sports Data webinar 2 and what I believe TM has used in the past.  I think it will work well for what you are trying to do and it seems to be priced fairly. Maybe Peter Krause or myself can 'host' the meeting with our accounts if that works best.  Let me know.  https://www.fuze.com/ 

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

You may want to try something like gotomeeting... You can use mics for discussion and the moderator can read questions that the participants typed in.  You can also use webcams or show slides.  

That was my first thought as well.  I've used GoToMeeting frequently for that use.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Number:11

Webex, gotomeeting, skype all have services that can be used. 

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32
Jim,

Multiple software packages. I've used many. Note that you need the webinar management features though (audience control) and multiple presenter capability. Consider GoToMeeting Webinar package. You can do a free sign up for 30 days....

The Fuse package worked well.

CNJ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users