Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Prac, Qual, 2 races, $127 a day.

Winner of the series, wins a set of tires from Aim.

Also July 11th, the full 5 miles (if completed) $179

Details, reg. prizes, etc.

http://www.ncracing.org/index.php

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I'm in.

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991

Me, too!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Team Nitro

Team Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:83

Count us in !

Team Nitro- Greg & Nitro Nick Sommers

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Funnest race I've had in while. 3 ways always good. :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=U-GyYVMzhyI

Last lap, pretty good, jump to 7min

https://www.youtube....h?v=MRnMPTpJ2o8

J~

• Alberto likes this

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Car Year:1990

JohnnyD shakes the rust off and gets his groove back. :cheering:

Nice win. :king:

Mr blue and white seems a bit eager to trade paint though...

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Ya, rusty for sure, but with plenty of power.

Battle for the win on race 2 but lost it going 2 wide into 1 and came in 4th.

Sunday 1st race over the top of 5, Charlie showed up and spanked me hard and was gone, big attitude adjustment.

Last race David Vodden showed up with his race from the back in his PTE car.

Battling with Dion (great race), Vodden bump drafted me forward so he could play me.

Sized me up, pressured me, I knew what he had and ran him as hard as I could.

Last 3 laps were side by side all over at the limit, when he'd get ahead he'd fall back and start all over with Dion on our tail.

Brings out the best of you.

I just stopped thinking and just starting driving at the limit the way it should be.

Awesome race, only race I didn't tape.

Have to send him a email, we had spoken at Sonoma the week earlier.

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Oh and the blue/wht car....

He said he was used to NA's not at wide as a NB and slide a bit come off, sorry. :rotfl:

It's all good. :)

J~

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Car Year:1991
A fun event. I'm looking forward to the next one. Good to see Johnny D on track again. This was my first time on the turn 5 bypass and I liked it. I was also really liking the Toyo RRs, but at the end of the weekend the outer edge of my right front was showing some case, so these are done even though they still feel great. If I'm counting right, I got 26 sessions out of these. There's plenty of rubber everywhere else, so I think if I check my alignment and do better with tire rotation I should be able to get more.

My camera wasn't working for the first race, but here's my second. Not too eventful except for:
8:22 the car in front of me knocked his mirror off on that plastic road marker thing. I guessed wrong where it was going and went right over it with my right wheels.
15:32 Johnny D is in that cloud somewhere. 

• Johnny D likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users