Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Reg.

A $50 Discount is available for early registrations made by May 17th. no discount after early bird date expires

http://www.motorspor...34#.Uz11yag7tcY

Schedule. (Sat ~ Monday)

http://www.nwr-scca....UR_Schedule.pdf

TEST AND TUNE FRIDAY MAY 23. TBA.

Spectator Tickets available for pre-sale online https://tix.extremet...ne/?siteID=3049 or at the gate. 

Daily Rates: Adults $10; Juniors (13-17) $5. Under 12 Free

3-Day Pass: Adults $25, Juniors $10

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

43 Dunning, Dave Spec Miata 1990 Mazda Miata Advantage Collision Center/St John's Auto Center Portland, OR

8 Gallaher, Marco Spec Miata 1999 Mazda Miata First Community Bank, PFR Santa Rosa, CA

01 Graffy, Jim Spec Miata 1990 Mazda Miata Wild Hare Racing Vancouver, WA

08 Hajari, Majid "MJ" Spec Miata 1990 Mazda Miata Casa bella Granite & Marble Portland, OR

68 Hazard, Tracey Spec Miata 1990 Mazda Miata TJ Mechanical Services South Surrey, BC

23 Jones, Eric Spec Miata 1999 Mazda Miata EricJonesMotorsports.com Eugene, OR

37 Lenney, Mark Spec Miata 1991 Mazda Miata   Beaverton, OR

11 Levine, Igor Spec Miata 1991 Mazda Miata Momentary Racing Woodinville, WA

34 Lewis, Nels Spec Miata 1991 Mazda Miata Parklane Mattresses Portland, OR

45 Powers, Steven Spec Miata 1999 Mazda Miata Amerifirst Financial, miatacage.com, East Street Racing Mesa, AZ

20 Rawlins, Jason Spec Miata 1990 Mazda Miata Miatacage.com Hillsboro, OR

87 Schrader, Will Spec Miata 1999 Mazda Miata Miatacage.com/Midas Happy Valley, OR

24 Starr, Jason Spec Miata 1999 Mazda Miata EricJonesMotorsports.com Portland, OR

94 Sutherland, Ken Spec Miata 2000 Mazda Miata Miatacage.com; Wyatt Fire Protection Sherwood, OR

99 Wand, Jordan Spec Miata 1990 Mazda Miata Sophie, Lily, Midas Portland, OR

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

powerss

powerss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:ARiZONA
  • Car Number:145

Since this forum is so quiet I'll guess I post some quick comments and then post some really great video of the weekend later tonight.

For SM it was dry the whole weekend.  The racing was very close between the top five and 4 for the 5 led in the Main race on Monday.

Robert had the bad luck on Sunday, and Ken and WIll had the bad luck on Monday.

By the way, in the Monday race Robert made it back up front from something I thought looked like a terminal mistake down into 3A, nearly off course and probably some flat spots to come back an win.

There was no way one car alone was going to win this race.  The draft was just too important. The video will show it clearly.

I could not get out of 6 to 7 to save my life so that is where I was always giving up time and allowing the followers to catch a draft onto the straightaway.

Very fun track picturesque track, and surprisingly no cautions in SM.

I hope that Portland will be more of the same.

Steve 

• Joe (dad) Jordan likes this
Steven Powers
Arizona Region
2009 SoPAC Division Champion
2013 SoPAC Division Champion
2019 Western Conference Champion

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest

I had the pleasure of watching the Sunday race but wasn't able to get there for today's race. Assuming you had never raced at Pacific before, your were definitely fast. The top 5 were certainly trying to stay hooked up. Looks like the new paving was worth 1.5-2 seconds for most. Pacific Raceways is a great track with a very historic past. It is still my favorite track in the NW. Glad the weather cooperated a bit as PR is very very tough when wet. Robert Linse is a very talented young man and it was nice to see a 1.6 get the better of the '99's. Will look forward to your video.

Curious as to what happened to Ken today.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44

Very fun watching SM from the outside this season, very cool seeing how hard everyone is working to get the best out of their performance.

Ken broke a diff housing after a nudge from Will.

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68

As expected the top 1.6s are a very good match for the 99s at Seattle and I'm guessing it will be similar for Portland.  I thought the Torsens were indestructible...  Must have been a big nudge ;)

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

As expected the top 1.6s are a very good match for the 99s at Seattle and I'm guessing it will be similar for Portland.  I thought the Torsens were indestructible...  Must have been a big nudge ;)

They are...but the aluminum housing isn't!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

True North

True North

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:Arizona
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:7

Humm...knowing both brothers and how competitive they are, my best guess would be that Will was trying to help Ken get back up front. :)

I saw the same thing happen at the Buttonwillow major this year, the diff was fine but the aluminum bracket just snapped in two.

Congrats to all the podium finishers this weekend and looking forward to seeing some of the videos...

• Kyle Keenan likes this

Race hard my friends,
Dean Busk
Director/Spec Liaison Az. SCCA
True North Equity Group

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Car Number:94
What a great weekend! I knew it would be a battle as the draft at that track will keep cars in the race that wouldn't otherwise be.

Sunday couldn't have been better with with me winning and Will second. I figured Steve's 3rd was probably just some good luck. Sunday he proved it wasn't luck.

Sundays race started well with a few different leaders. I thought it was over for Robert after his big lock-up and off at 3a. Will and I had finally got back into position to make a move with about 4 laps to go. His under powered car was still a good pusher and he pushed me back to the lead on the front straight for what I was sure to be the last time. Unfortunately Will got into the back of me in the brake zone hard enough to break the diff housing. Game over. Will went off trying to stay off me and fell too far back to recover. The good news is the Jason had a great battle to the finish to keep Robert honest. Steve finished another very impressive 3rd place the first time at this track. Congrats on your weekend!

I have to apologize to Robert for pinching him into the wall on the front straight (not really a straight) in the Sunday race. We play a game of inches and I just didn't think he had his car that far up there, and after a disagreement we had in qualifying I could see how he might think it was some form of aggression. He protested me for it but it was dropped at the advice of the Stewards without indicating who they thought was at fault. I'm saying I'm sorry and don't blame him for being mad so I guess it's my fault. Sorry Robert, should have assumed you were there.

Thanks to Sean at Miatacage for letting me drive his rocket!

Looking forward to Portland!
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

powerss

powerss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:ARiZONA
  • Car Number:145

Since this forum is so quiet I'll guess I post some quick comments and then post some really great video of the weekend later tonight.

For SM it was dry the whole weekend.  The racing was very close between the top five and 4 for the 5 led in the Main race on Monday.

Robert had the bad luck on Sunday, and Ken and WIll had the bad luck on Monday.

By the way, in the Monday race Robert made it back up front from something I thought looked like a terminal mistake down into 3A, nearly off course and probably some flat spots to come back an win.

There was no way one car alone was going to win this race.  The draft was just too important. The video will show it clearly.

I could not get out of 6 to 7 to save my life so that is where I was always giving up time and allowing the followers to catch a draft onto the straightaway.

Very fun track picturesque track, and surprisingly no cautions in SM.

I hope that Portland will be more of the same.

Steve 

Hopefully this will embed the video otherwise use the youtube link.

Sunday Race

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/huraKBTH6vU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/huraKBTH6vU

Monday Race

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8gaP-zXEsgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/8gaP-zXEsgU

• Derrick Ambrose likes this
Steven Powers
Arizona Region
2009 SoPAC Division Champion
2013 SoPAC Division Champion
2019 Western Conference Champion

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Nice videos Steven! Man...any of those down shifts hit 8 grand?? 

Maybe its just me but trees wizzing by so close is a little creepy! Can you end up down in the woods? 

The 4 car freight train was pretty cool(sorry Steven!)...I noticed Ken seemed to always be on the brakes just a litlle earlier than others in 1. I can see how Will got caught...a 1-3' gap is pretty hard to react at that speed. To bad for both guys. 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Ron, there's big berms of dirt and hillsides that stop you before you get to the trees, but that causes a LOT of roll overs.  Like Sonoma, pacific is an OLD school track built in the sixties with very little runoff and real consequences for even small mistakes. Sounds like a good weekend if only a diff was destroyed!

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Wow, epic battle.  I've never seen so much two-wide at Pacific.  Way to keep the baby boy honest Jason...  BTW, when did you switch to the dark side??

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30

Seemed to me you were losing more coming out of 3B, but it was fun watching you pick up the rhythm of the track over the two races.  Thanks for posting the video!

I'm saying I'm sorry and don't blame him for being mad so I guess it's my fault. Sorry Robert, should have assumed you were there.

You're still a class act, Ken.  Sorry to see the old 1.6 go, though.

Maybe its just me but trees wizzing by so close is a little creepy! Can you end up down in the woods? 

Not nearly as bad as it looks, but I know of at least one car that went off and several hundred feet down the embankment.  The possibility of that was fixed some years ago, though.

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

Fun stuff Steve thanks for posting the video.  I'm surprised you weren't just overwhelmed with all the green lush vegetation of the area.  Great running and great to see such equal cars running with such good driving.   :banana:   That looked like a fun weekend.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Just watched the Sunday Race - what a blast Steven, thanks so much for sharing. Pacific Raceway is now definitely on my bucket list.

• powerss likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jason Rawlins

Jason Rawlins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Car Number:20

Wow, epic battle. I've never seen so much two-wide at Pacific. Way to keep the baby boy honest Jason... BTW, when did you switch to the dark side??

Jason Rawlins

Jason Rawlins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
I'm playing in both camps :) another "Sean" car :). I'll be taking it down to Laguna next week and them rose cup to see how it shakes out :)

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Yeah, you'll need that monster to beat me :D

Jason Rawlins

Jason Rawlins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Yeah, you'll need that monster to beat me :D

Will be great to see you out in the car again.. :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users