• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12

Register here: https://www.motorspo...19#.U3OX0Plr6-3

Entry list so far:  https://www.motorspo...12E98B76F4B1346

Looking good, will bump once this weekend is behind us.  Should be beautiful weather!   Let's see if NorCal can keep Ken from winning on his birthday this year. :)

Brian

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

49 Entries,

SMT: 8, SSM: 8, Spec Miata: 33

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

Spoiler alert

My fellow 2011 SCCA driver school talent, Brandon Miller in the ever sexy, ladies love Sharpie 1.6 won SSM (sealed class) in the race on Sat.  This is in a car driven to the track.  No special grease, no special hubs, no extended studs. ;)  Brandon is becoming a regular to the podium for this Regional SM class.

Woot!  :cheering:

:banana:   :hugegrin:     :guinness:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congrats to Mr Drennan, I am going to have to send him one of those shirts with a target on his back :) Looks like two easy wins. Brian G in his new car was closest, Tim Auger looked good and Matt Reynolds not too shabby in his first race out there
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
On the way home from working for Mark all weekend. We had 2 cars there to see what was fastest and learn some things. The 94 rolled out of the trailer fast and so did the 99. Did zero tweaks to the 94 all weekend and reset both the qual record and race record in SM. He bumped my race record set in March by 3 thousandths of a second for a 45.457. Hope people keep build the 2001+s they may be off a few years for this track.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

On the way home from working for Mark all weekend. We had 2 cars there to see what was fastest and learn some things. The 94 rolled out of the trailer fast and so did the 99. Did zero tweaks to the 94 all weekend and reset both the qual record and race record in SM. He bumped my race record set in March by 3 thousandths of a second for a 45.457. Hope people keep build the 2001+s they may be off a few years for this track.

Ahh let the games begin :) I have $100 says that Mark will be in a car with glass head lights :)  Personally, not sure it will matter much as he sure seems way ahead of mere mortals. I texted him this weekend that I am going to have to send him one of those shirts wiith the target on his back :)  

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Ahh let the games begin :) I have $100 says that Mark will be in a car with glass head lights :)  

Dude, the 90-97 has glass headlights.  :bigsquaregrin:

• Ron Alan and Charlie Hayes like this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991

Spoiler alert

My fellow 2011 SCCA driver school talent, Brandon Miller in the ever sexy, ladies love Sharpie 1.6 won SSM (sealed class) in the race on Sat.  This is in a car driven to the track.  No special grease, no special hubs, no extended studs. ;)  Brandon is becoming a regular to the podium for this Regional SM class.

Woot!  :cheering:

:banana:   :hugegrin:     :guinness:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

Thanks, Alberto. I couldn't have done it without you.  :toast: It has to be said, though: Matt Rose was by far the fastest SSM that weekend but had a number of issues that took him out of contention in both races.

Here's my Saturday SSM race. I was feeling pretty good about this as a solid drive for 2nd. I didn't see at 7:04 that Matt had dropped out (probably 'cuz I was distracted watching #69 pass everyone under full-course yellow).

I always wanted my first time to be with you, Laguna.

Also posted Saturday's ITA race, at least the two laps I was in. This was the third attempt at a start after the first two had been waved off. My teammate in the #53 made a killer start around the outside, but I was stuck in the inside and had contact with #08 after an unexpected accordion. The damage left me with tire rub on the FL so I pulled out on the 2nd lap. Meanwhile, #53 had gotten in trouble at the Corkscrew, then had his steering column break in the middle of Turn 10. The bolt that clamps the column to the rack was gone. The off looked scary from my perspective, but the gravel trap did its job and the damage from hitting the tires was minor. 

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users