Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM

Still had stock radiator. It split across top. Dumped all water. Melted engine. New one on way. Hope to be entered for both mid ohio races in September as long as I can get it swapped out.

I've run the stock radiator for my car's whole life. Only changed to a newer stock one this year because the old one had too many rock & rubber dings to comb out.

Let us know if you need anything.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56

I've run the stock radiator for my car's whole life. Only changed to a newer stock one this year because the old one had too many rock & rubber dings to comb out.

Let us know if you need anything.

I didn't realize you could use the stock radiator with the v8 in your car
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

I didn't realize you could use the stock radiator with the v8 in your car

The nitrous helps keep it cool.

Are you going to Nelson this weekend?

Jerry Cabe

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

The nitrous helps keep it cool.

Are you going to Nelson this weekend?

Sure will, I should be out there like Saturday afternoonish. Whenever I get around to going out to the shop to pick up the truck and trailer. The car is loaded and somewhat ready to go. Just gotta change seat position. Any idea on who is entered? I know DNF Rick is coming, so is Sean Doyle, I think Bob MacDonald will be there too. Bob Kucera will be there testing saturday but isnt racing sunday...
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Number:88
D&D in da house at Ledgestan. Deb am race, me pm.

"DNF Rick" - jeez, you guys are relentless.

PS: Never let Kuch borrow your car at Nelson (joking Bob)
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

is DNF Champ any better? :D

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

is DNF Champ any better? :D

More accurate.

I'll be up late afternoon Saturday. I believe Patrick Jones is also registered in SM.

And Dennis, I understand your Kuch comment - but after thinking about that - is it any better that I let No-Mojo Rick drive my car last month?

Jerry Cabe

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

is it any better that I let No-Mojo Rick drive my car last month?

On a wet track too!:)
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

More accurate.

I'll be up late afternoon Saturday. I believe Patrick Jones is also registered in SM.

And Dennis, I understand your Kuch comment - but after thinking about that - is it any better that I let No-Mojo Rick drive my car last month?

Did you put the restrictor plate in the v8 for him?

Charles Boehly

Charles Boehly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Finger Lakes
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:51
Question regarding tech. Noticed in the supps that tech is only in the am on Friday and we are coming in from new york and arriving on friday at 3 pm for the evening practice session. Is there going to be a quick tech at registration or do I need to make a reservation for tech. If I need a reservation, who do I contact?

thanks
Charles Boehly
Charles Boehly
SM #51

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Number:88
That's a great question Charley. I'd like to know that too. It's bad enough that there is a Friday 5 pm "don't be stupid" meeting, but I really don't want to burn a whole vacation day (very limited supply) so someone can check my helmet sticker.

Paging Mr. Brown
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Number:45

Boy this is a tuff crowd !!!

Roll a couple of cars and they never let it go ! :D

I did it for the spectator's,you know me all about the show! :lol:
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Boy this is a tuff crowd !!!

Roll a couple of cars and they never let it go ! :D

I did it for the spectator's,you know me all about the show! :lol:

You should have done it under the bridge if it was for the spectators - not everyone watches y-tube. B)

Jerry Cabe

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994

You mean this???

downingracing

downingracing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:42

That's a great question Charley. I'd like to know that too. It's bad enough that there is a Friday 5 pm "don't be stupid" meeting, but I really don't want to burn a whole vacation day (very limited supply) so someone can check my helmet sticker.

Paging Mr. Brown

Tech is during the posted times (Fri: 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM & Sat. 7:30 AM – 8:45 AM & Sun. 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM) as well as by Appt. on Friday. Please contact Chief of Tech. (Barry Baker) at (seven 40) three 87 - two 675 to arrange for an appointment on Friday. This will hopefully accommodate what you're looking for.

Thanks for entering!!!

And Where is everyone else? Tons of track time for cheap!! Pro weekend with tons of other racing going on!! Racing in front of folks - something my sponsors will be happy about!! :)

Get those entries in folks! Should be a great weekend of racing!!!

Matt Downing

Charles Boehly

Charles Boehly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Finger Lakes
  • Car Year:1992
Matt,

One more question. Where are we allowed to paddock? Obviously we are the low ones on the totem pole. Is there a reserved area or is it a first come free for all?

Thanks again for the tech info!
Charles Boehly
SM #51

downingracing

downingracing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Matt,

One more question. Where are we allowed to paddock? Obviously we are the low ones on the totem pole. Is there a reserved area or is it a first come free for all?

Thanks again for the tech info!

Paddock space will be 'provided' for our race group. I'm not sure how far up in the grass we will be, but we will have paddock space reserved for us (by Mid-Ohio). We are required to paddock together. Should be a great event!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Feel free to contact me (anyone with questions) at: six 14 _ nine 17 _ nine 6 nine 0. Matt Downing

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Registration is now open on MotorsportReg.com. Currently there are only 7 SM's registered out of the 26 entries. Allowed classes are ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, and SM. We will be running the Pro Course (without the chicane), and the limit will be 66 cars. There is a 30 minute practice session on Friday afternoon, a 30 minute qualifying session on Saturday morning, and on Sunday a 13 lap qualifying race, a 15 lap qualifying race, and a 19 lap trophy race. All this for $250 entry (before 9/6/11). And you can enjoy the Grand Am season finale which includes the Daytona Prototypes, the Rolex GT's, the Continental Challenge GS and ST, and FE Pro. I also heard ARCA Trucks might be running as a support group.

Register early to get a spot.

Now up to 12 SM's out of 33 entries. Still plenty of room, but the $250 entry fee is only good until 9/6/11.

Jerry Cabe

downingracing

downingracing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Now up to 12 SM's out of 33 entries. Still plenty of room, but the $250 entry fee is only good until 9/6/11.

If you can't get registered by the 6th - let me know. We will 'take care' of getting everyone entered (for that $250 price), so don't let that be a reason not to enter. The 6th date allows for event planning to be smooth knowing how many cars are in each class.

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994
Any more detail about paddock area? The supps say upper grassy paddock. Does that mean the area near the bathrooms and tech shed or does that mean back of the parking lot near the track entry?

Also, does our entry come with any special access to the pro areas... garage... spectator areas? And do we need to do anything else in advance to gain credentials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users