Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27

Well it is time for me to drag out my soap box....

If you want to participate in this event PLEASE go register NOW.  This event sells out at 35 entires.  Period.  Not 36 entries, 35 only.  First come first severed.  If you wait there is very strong possibility you will be a spectator.  I have ZERO pull in getting ANYONE in this event.  I have already registered to avoid problems for myself

This is also a Socal crossover event.  The event is put on by NASA Socal.

This is also a West Coast TEEN MAZDA CHALLENGE event as well.  Round 5 and 6 will be scored for this event.  This will further impact registration as the first race of the series was very well attended.

Registration can be found here:

http://www.nasaprora....com/event/1859

Notes form the website:

Early discounted registration will be open to Race and TT classes until May 30th. We are capacity limited to 35 cars per group. *IF* space remains availble after May 30th, HPDE 3 will be made available. Acceptance will be granted based on order of entry. First come first served.

Race & TT Entry will increase to $599 May 31st if space remains available

Anyone that has not run with NASA that needs to get a NASA license can contact me for assistance or Dave Ho at NASA National office.  If you have a SCCA License will need a copy of the front and back of that license and to sign a 3 question medical form (no exam required) in order to get your NASA license.

Oh and did I mention DO NOT WAIT TO ENTER? 

Ready, GO!

• john mueller likes this
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MMillion

MMillion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

is a "group" a class (example; spec miata), or is it combined race classes, example; spec miata + spec e30?

Thanks.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Last year it was 30 SM cap and we ran with PTE, I don't know the case this year besides 35 car cap.

Also, just pointing out if you missed it, it's $60 more to reg after the May 30th.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

If we get, and I expect to, 35 SM it will be sm only.

However if everyone waits to the last minute we could have a shared group again.  Morale of the story. sign up now.

Craig Evans
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

I spoke with NASA National today regarding this race.  If the numbers do not improve we will have a shared group.  If that occurs and the schedule is made there will be no more room for late entries.  

What this means is if you try to wait to the last week before the race, you most likely will not get in.  Period.  As of my conversation yesterday, not a single TMC participant is currently entered.  I know several plan on attending.  If entries close and you are in the TMC series and have not entered, you will be watching Race Monitor from home.  

Please, get your entry in.  I understand the expense and the problems of pay now, play later.  But if you wait too long you WILL end up watching rather than racing and that would suck.

Craig Evans

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12

Craig - I'm looking at this event - is there not an option to supersize into another race group or TT?   Two groups is > $1000?

• Joe (dad) Jordan likes this
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pmillion

pmillion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Region:Southern CA
  • Car Number:14

How many SMs are signed up so far ? and Who?

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

NASA Norcal posts on FB, usually within the month it's running. I guess you could call the office.

I'm in.

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

pmillion

pmillion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
ok thanks

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I believe it a "Teen Miata Challenge" weekend too.

So if those guys aren't signed up yet they will be. That's a half a dozen or so.

J~

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Brian---- I inquired regaurding your question. This was the reply:

MRLS is a capacity limited event and we expect to sell out. Because of this we priced the event low for 2 days and did not plan to offer supersize. However, once we hit 2 weeks prior to the event we will send an email blast to racers with a supersize offer if there happens to be space remaining.  Feel free to pass this message along. 

Thanks,

RYAN FLAHERTY
Regional Director
SoCal NASA

Johnny--- Yes this is a TMC race. I expect 6-10 of the TMC partisipants to join us.
Craig Evans

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
As of this morning (6-24-14) we have 27 entries. If you plan on joining us please get yourself signed up.

I will try to post the list later, my phone just won't let me do so right now. Grrrr
Craig Evans

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

If you need any help let know.

On another note...

I'm not sure it would change the head count or how soon, but I really like it. (What SCCA does)

Enter Now, Pay Later! SFR charges your credit card AFTER the race weekend. We are taking advantage of the Deferred Payment Option offered by MotorsportReg. When you register for a race, you enter your credit card information; after the race weekend, we actually process the card. Now there’s no money barrier to entering early, ensuring you retain your all-important permanent number!

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

As of the 15th there are 4 spots that have become available due to cancelations in the SM group.  Go here to sign up:

http://www.nasaprora....com/event/1859

Should be a great event!!

Craig Evans

pmillion

pmillion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Any chance we could see a list of the SM entries

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Number:59

Will the schedule be up before this weekend?

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Schedule

http://socal.drivena...dMRLSJuly14.pdf

Entries

http://socal.drivena...triesJuly16.pdf

ALL RACE CLASSES SOLD OUT EXCEPT SM, 944, SE30 (4 SPOTS REMAIN).

J~

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

looking forward to it.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona
My boxed trifecta is Drennan, Jordan and Marco. Have fun guys!
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Surprised by the names who are not on the list :(

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic