38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:38
So if we don't include the small tracks in the northern region then for 2015 we would have 3 races at Road America and 3 races at Mid-O. This year we had two at RA.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

So if we don't include the small tracks in the northern region then for 2015 we would have 3 races at Road America and 3 races at Mid-O. This year we had two at RA.

Autobahn has a 2.4 and a 3.5 mile course.  Past turnouts there in SM have been a little weak.  Not sure why.  I think more people would like racing there if they tried it.  I really like the south (2.4 mile) course.  Easy place to get to right off I80, nice facility.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

MIS, Mid Ohio, Road america...

I likely wouldnt go to autobahn.

What the region needs to understand on this majors thing is they are competing for our dollars vs. us going to another regions majors to race a much better track throughtout the year vs. a nearly full field of cars, ex. Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, VIR, and while this particular race isnt scheduled any where near those races dates on the calendar, those other places have already recieved come of our racing budget for the year.

The region i beleive is assuming we are all chasing majors points, I only know of two in SM in our conference who have that goal, maybe there are more but the vast majority of us dont care about points and are spending our budget to get the biggest bang for our buck so to speak.  

I personally have spent some of my budget in Atlanta and VIR this season and would do so again rather then spend it at Blackhawk, gingerman, gr4aten, etc.

If the region really wants to do well financially they need fuller fields, to get that you go to premium tracks, next couple of years Mid Ohio could be a very good location for two majors since the runnoffs will soon be making a return there.

Im glad graten is someones favorite track, I did better in my first time to gingerman than anywhere else i have ever gone yet it no where near my favorite track.  it is easy to see by sheer entry numbers at these tracks that my hypothisis is at least going in the right dirrection...

How many cars where at the summit point majors? how many showed for watkins glen or vir?  how full was NJMP vs those premier places? 

how did PBIR do? yet sebring was huge!

a wise man once told me where there is more risk there is also more potential for gain, to rent and put on an event at a premium track it cost a region more money, so there is more at risk, but then more people will sign up if its well planned, and well run, therefore more potential for revenue to fund some regional races elsewhwere down the line.  

The majors program IMO if run right at the right tracks only helps those regions that do them well and it also helps the regional races hold down some costs when the region is more flush with funds as they look to schedule and run their next regional races.  It can be a win win, this is a non profit club so profit somewhere can and should lead to a trickle down benefit along the line somewhere.  Jus my 2.5c...

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

The Cincinnati Region has a date at the corvette Museum, track next year, i do not know if its going to be a regional or a major. Not sure if that location is to far south to be in the Northern conference, but have heard good things about that track. 

This is a a tough deal, we do not have that many tracks to pick from in our conference that are top notch, I guess i would rather go to a different track, at a lesser venue than have all the majors, at Road America and Mid Ohio.

Plus, for some regions the Major's race is there best shot at making money. I understand that the numbers will be lower.

We need to get back to MIS next year for sure, that was a hoot last time and was really disappointed it did not happen. Plus for us up north,  it will be good practice next year for the Runoffs at Daytona, (not Dayton Kyle)  being able to practice the draft.

I think we should lobby to get Watkins Glen to be considered Northern Conference.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15

MIS, Mid Ohio, Road america...

I likely wouldnt go to autobahn.

What the region needs to understand on this majors thing is they are competing for our dollars vs. us going to another regions majors to race a much better track throughtout the year vs. a nearly full field of cars, ex. Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, VIR, and while this particular race isnt scheduled any where near those races dates on the calendar, those other places have already recieved come of our racing budget for the year.

The region i beleive is assuming we are all chasing majors points, I only know of two in SM in our conference who have that goal, maybe there are more but the vast majority of us dont care about points and are spending our budget to get the biggest bang for our buck so to speak.  

I personally have spent some of my budget in Atlanta and VIR this season and would do so again rather then spend it at Blackhawk, gingerman, gr4aten, etc.

If the region really wants to do well financially they need fuller fields, to get that you go to premium tracks, next couple of years Mid Ohio could be a very good location for two majors since the runnoffs will soon be making a return there.

Im glad graten is someones favorite track, I did better in my first time to gingerman than anywhere else i have ever gone yet it no where near my favorite track.  it is easy to see by sheer entry numbers at these tracks that my hypothisis is at least going in the right dirrection...

How many cars where at the summit point majors? how many showed for watkins glen or vir?  how full was NJMP vs those premier places? 

how did PBIR do? yet sebring was huge!

a wise man once told me where there is more risk there is also more potential for gain, to rent and put on an event at a premium track it cost a region more money, so there is more at risk, but then more people will sign up if its well planned, and well run, therefore more potential for revenue to fund some regional races elsewhwere down the line.  

The majors program IMO if run right at the right tracks only helps those regions that do them well and it also helps the regional races hold down some costs when the region is more flush with funds as they look to schedule and run their next regional races.  It can be a win win, this is a non profit club so profit somewhere can and should lead to a trickle down benefit along the line somewhere.  Jus my 2.5c...

What's this word "budget" you keep referencing?

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:12

Hille just edges out Voytek for pole:  http://racehero.io/e...ults/1073743167

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Congrats to all :thumbsup:

Group 4: Justin Hille walked his No. 48 Hilltrux/Roush Mazda Miata away from the Spec Miata field on Saturday, and for a while on Sunday, it looked like it may happen again.

Unfortunately for Hille, the tandem of Voytek Burdzy’s No. 41 Advanced Autosports Mazda Miata and Michael Novak’s No. 9 Roush/Caldwell Race Prep worked well together to shake Seth Rowley and run down Hille on lap 12.

Burdzy moved to the lead with a draft and out braking maneuver into turn one to start lap 15, and when Novak spun in turn six, the race was down to Burdzy and Hille. Hille took the lead back on 16, but Burdzy took control on lap 19 and was able to remain in front. On his final lap, Burdzy held a two car length advantage, and held the distance for the win. Hille and Rowley’s No. 08 Great Lakes Motorsports/Rowleys/Service Pro/HAWK Miata completed the podium.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users