cardesnr99

cardesnr99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Pacific
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:65
I hope that I am not breaking any rules by posting this...

I am a long-time Miata enthusiast who once worked for MANA, fabricating show cars. I've owned an assortment of Miatas, but by far my favorite was the 1995 "M" Edition that I bought from the original owner and have been restoring over the last 8 years.

The car is my gift to my daughter on her 18th birthday, and we are both heartbroken, as it was stolen last Thursday night from the curb in front of our home. I heard it drive away, but did not get out of the house in time to chase the thief.

It's my firm conviction that the car will be stripped, parts sold off, and it will be used as a spec racer. Hence my post...

The car is dead-stock right down to the BBS wheels. Original spare, jack, wrench, and even the wrench protector. All manuals were in the glove box. The paint was very good original with a few dings. The car had a new tan vinyl Robbins top with a glass back window. There was a MAZDASPEED logo on the rear panel to the right of the plate recess. The taillights were one-offs--red with a circular white backup area on each one (no amber turn signals). The front turn signals and marker lights were clear with no ribbing on the lenses.

The interior had a worn driver's seat but otherwise was near-mint. It had a Japanese edition Nardi three-spoke wood wheel, a Sirius radio on the dash, and a SONY CD head with a 150W Kenwoood flat woofer installed behind the passenger seat. The most identifiable feature is a tan vinyl covered Wilson Audio Sound bar (see photos) with tinted windblock window. THIS WAS THE PROTOTYPE WILSON SOUND BAR, BUILT AT MAZDA, and is a one-off prototype. If you see an early Miata with this part mounted, it is my car or the part is off my car, as all the other Sound Bars made were for later cars with higher seats. Don't let color fool you...a first series car with this part IS MY CAR.

The dashboard was signed in silver Sharpie on the passenger side by Tom Matano, who is a personal friend.

Last 5 digits of the VIN are 10965. Race inspectors and stewards should be aware that this car will turn up with missing, altered, or replaced VIN (check that the pop rivets attaching the plate are original and not hardware store replacements) and a salvage title.

I am offering a $1000 reward for return of the car, no questions asked, or to the person who can provide the tip leading to arrest and prosecution of the thief or thieves, and return of the car in reasonable condition. Contact me at rickacoustics@me.com or Officer Badour at the Vallejo PD at wbadour@ci.vallejo.ca.usa

Thanks for all and any help!

Attached Files

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

My firm conviction is no one makes a Spec Miata out of a 1995 any more.

• Mike Collins and David S. like this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I believe that is why he stated it will be stripped and parts sold off :)  most likely sold to racers and since the left coast is full of prehistoric miatas most all the parts will be interchangable.  

• Joe (dad) Jordan likes this

K. Webb