4 replies to this topic

HLF

HLF

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Car Year:1997

If it isn't one thing, its another...

I noticed the "T" mark on my QD was not at the top when the tires were pointed straight anymore.

Today, I went to turn the car to move it around the driveway for welding and I turned the wheel but the tires (both) didn't move. The wheel had a fine vibration as if it was skipping. I had to get it rolling before the steering engaged. 

I de-powered the rack last fall with the Advanced Autosport plugs using Daves guide and only have 70 miles on the car since. 

As some of y'all know, I am student and just took my first board exam (dental) so I have some time (5 weeks) off and I am trying to spend that time in the car and preparing the car for DE. There is an autoX practice session at my alma matter this weekend and I hope to get as many runs in as possible to get a feel for the car (especially before my first DE at TWS and MSR-Houston).

If this happened to you what would be the first thing you would check and how would you determine if there is an issue?

Thanks for all y'alls help! This project would really suck without this forum. 

-Kyle

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:58

Check the shaft clamp in the engine bay. Sounds like it is slipping on the splines. 

• Mike Collins likes this

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

^^^^^^  What he said!

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
What they both said and there is another u-joint similar clamp under the dash.
  • ChrisA likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

HLF

HLF

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Car Year:1997

got it. easy peezy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users