RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:11

So the last race the pulley bolts sheared on crank.  The locating pin on the crank hat/button came out so i was in a mad rush to pull the button off and put a new hat on with a locating pin, and install the pulley and timing disc on before the race.  Swap was accomplished but i  later realized that pulley i salvaged off another 1.8  engine is a bit different to my original.  So the question is, is there a major difference  (diameter / offset) from a NA 1.8 and NB 1.8 crank pulley?  Just run it or find another 99 NB pulley and swap?  if i have to swap do I have swap the hat again?

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Hummm, tought crowd.  I should write something about hubs, bearings and failures to get 30 responses,   :optimist:

So to simplify, can you run a NA 1.8 crank pulley on NB 1.8?  

Does anyone know if the 'button' that bolts to the crank, to which pulley is bolted is different between 1.8 NA and NB?

Thanks!

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Is it really that hard to get the replacement you need ?  :noidea:

I guess so...

Not sure why your going down this road of using a NA 1.8 but....

MazdaSpeed can always answer your questions.

Any parts online site is going to tell you what years it for.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

yes i guess i could call MS.  good idea

But as in my explanation I have NA "hat" and pulley on there from 'race day' emergency swap.  I am just trying to figure out if i need speed the time and $$$ to swap to a NB.

- Speed

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Your Emergency Swap as your primary now sound like a plan.  :prayer:

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

On the MS pages it shows the pulley and "boss" as the same part but i know some that some point they were different as the pulley on my car now doesn't look the same as my old pulley. 

- Speed

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
Were you running a Mazdaspeed timing wheel?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Yep, and have a new one on it.  I think i am good to go though. 

- Speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users