118 replies to this topic

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Still not conclusive but a nice amateur dissection of the video.

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

I'm sorry, but my son does some dumb ass things, and I am not taking responsibly for it. He makes his Own mistakes.

I do some dumb ass things from time to time, however i would do a lot more if I didn't have a father whom I respect tremendously to set an example of how to behave.  

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Still not conclusive but a nice amateur dissection of the video.

Certainly not conclusive but it sure makes more sense than some of the other conjecture I have seen on the subject. However it seems like someone would have seen him jump no the wing and mentioned it at some point.  For that matter the where are eye witness accounts from the high side of the track and the rear.  They would have seen what happened. Our video view tells a thousand tales no telling which one is what actually happens.  As a juror I would be hard pressed to use video evidence to draw a conclusion unless i had at least 4 angles. 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I do some dumb ass things from time to time, however i would do a lot more if I didn't have a father whom I respect tremendously to set an example of how to behave.  

I feel the same, but never is it or has it been my fathers fault when I have done a single one of those dumb ass thing!  Now if my father was Frank T I would be more inclined to blame him.

This is never going to make it to trial IMO it will end in an undisclosed settlement where as there will be no blame placed on either party...  the sad thing is no amount of money will ever bring back a son, brother, or friend.

If I was tony i am sure i would be having nightmares every night...

• FTodaro likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Pat, I get your point but come on. When do parents get to come off the hook? I think the kid was 21 yes? Last I checked he is responsible for his own behavior and he paid the price for a bad decision. With your logic, parents are the cause of everything that everyone does forever. That being said, I get your point and agree. In karting I struggled to teach my kid that it is bad to approach drivers in the scale line to chew them out for perceived bad behavior. On the other hand, I think that anger and showing your displeasure with people that act irresponsibly can be a good thing. Ultimately I decided to tell him what I found appropriate and let him make his own call. I can say that it took a very long time but he finally acts in a way that I am proud of ( not till our 2nd year in SM and thanks in large part to great SM people ).

But it is obvious that as much as we complain about government, implementation and a spellling out of rules is needed when guys are unable to see in advance of a disaster that some things are stupid. However, some ( Johnny, SA)  would make great attorneys for groups like NASCAR.

Adults are nothing but large children. Children REQUIRE definition of boundaries. SOME children are capable of understanding why the boundary is in place once it is shown to them where it is. Others require constant reminding of the boundary. I suggest that the former type of child is the the one you want running racing organizations. Someone that doesn't need to be told that chasing cars on foot on a hot track is a bad idea. Govt is in place for the latter type. Mr. Stewart falls into the latter category. Great driver but probably not the guy you want running NASCAR.

My position still stands. If Tony is brought up on charges, then NASCAR and USAC officials should be brought up on charges of gross negligence and incompetence. I'd prefer not to bring anyone up on charges and put people in place in organizations that have the ability to put driver safety ahead of chlldren acting like morons just to please a crowd of drunken idiots. And no where in that statement Johnny am I reccomending changes to actual racing for the sake of safety. I reccomend changes to NON racing behavior.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

NASCAR and USAC officials should be brought up on charges of gross negligence and incompetence

This is making me absolute mental and for that I'm bringing Jammeez up on charges.

Based on your argument, if NASCAR and USAC and guilty then so are FIA, IndyCar, SCCA, NASA, AMA, NHRA, IMSA, etc... I bet at some point one yacht team threw an anchor at another yacht team. Let's add the America's Cup to your complaint.

You assume and generalize that NASCAR somehow promoted this kind of behavior - that is your perception, not a fact. It's obvious you have a personal disdain for stockcar racing that is clouding your judgement.

Are all NASCAR fans "drunken idiots"?

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Are you asking one or the other or both?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

This calls for the "Otter Defense"

https://www.youtube....h?v=6PYb_anBMus

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

That is because you are the latter type of child SA. NASA doesn't allow this type of behavior and I would expect a suspension if we behaved like you find acceptable.

I don't generalize and assume anything. NASCAR has absolutely turned a blind eye and only a dullard would think otherwise. I don't disdain stock car racing either. I grew up watching stock car racing and actually saw that cale yarborough incident I mention earlier.

Funny how your views are rock solid and obvious, but mine are assumptions .

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

I would expect a suspension if we behaved like you find acceptable.

What exactly do I find acceptable? Please quote me where I said any bad behavior was acceptable?

OK, Uncle, Tony gets indicted with involuntary manslaughter and NASCAR gets indicted with "gross negligence and incompetence". What does that look like? What is the criminal penalty? Can an organization even be charged with incompetence?

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Sorry James, It's your opinion.

I don't agree, NASCAR has nothing to do when a driver in another race did something.

If a NASA driver did something in a SCCA race, it's NASA fault?

I do like that they are making the rule painfully clear.

The rules are in place, to keep us safe, no matter how obvious,

Helmet, HANs, suit, gloves, rollcage are not obvious to some early on/during/sometimes after.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

If a NASA driver did something in a SCCA race, it's NASA fault?

In this instance I'd have to say yes.

• Johnny D likes this

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

emoticon-eating-popcorn-MH900437984.jpg

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

emoticon-eating-popcorn-MH900437984.jpg

Who's got that one on loop, with them eating popcorn ??

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Guilty as charged!!!!!

K. Webb