Bruce McNutt

Bruce McNutt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:Atlantic
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:25

We have 2 guys leading the championship here. The guy racing the green Miata has been getting away with all kinds of deliberate on track contact with lots of other cars. Knowing that the guy in front on him is leading the points, he decided to pull a PIT maneuver on him and take him out of the race. The leader ended up DNF with a broken rear hub assembly.

What penality do you think this guy should receive?

https://www.youtube....VPOOrBdOhdfNcJA

Jeff Longo

Jeff Longo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:06

Have him race against Tony Stewart. :sorry:

Too early still ??

There should be ZERO tolerance for this behaviour.

Minimum 2 race suspension.

Next offense = loss of racing license

LTD Racing, Chief of Inappropriate Comments

Bruce McNutt

Bruce McNutt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

He ended up winning the race but was penalized from P1 to P5. That is insane! So apparently our race stewart thinks that this type of racing is tolerable? Lets see....if I PIT my competitor, he will get no points and all I will get is a few places penality. Gee that seems like a great idea.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Have him race against Tony Stewart. :sorry:

Too early still ??

Not too early for me but people are sensitive like when I said "Schumacher was my favorite vegetable"

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30

So apparently our race stewart thinks that this type of racing is tolerable? .

Some misspellings are better than others.   :burst:

• Ron Alan likes this

Yorkshire Racing

Yorkshire Racing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Removed as this didn't pertain to American Mazda racers.  We should have ignored Bruce McNutt.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Welcome to the forum...great start! And your right...most of the guys here are a bunch of wannabe sh#t drivers who know nothing about racing or car control. Your son might make a living coaching guys on this forum...they all really do suck!!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

One other thing...it is so obvious in the video the red car just dives right. The "Green" car could do nothing but expose the left side of his car turning left to try and go around the other side! Red cars fault for sure...you must be a very proud mother!  And I'm so sorry you had to get into the gutter...but you came out smelling like a rose!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

And lastly...I've been seriously considering giving up my citizenship to join your great country. People here just dont get it...especially these dumb ass redneck drivers. Hopefully my prescription meds and wine will be cheaper there...and I here if i learn french the women will flock to me...Manajawtwa??

Ron

RAmotorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Number:88

Not sure if any of you have the attention span to read all this but I will feel better anyway.

https://www.youtube....h?v=SSUXXzN26zg

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27

Wow.  

Thread got 5 posts more than a month ago and nothing since.  No one really took the bait as the language on the original post was slanted and fishing for people that agreed with him.  

A MONTH later you (Yorkshire Racing) put up a derogatory ignorant response demeaning Mazda racers as "not racing drivers".  In your first post on this board?  My first inclination is tell you to "Piss off Captain Canada" but that would drag me "down into the gutter" also, would it not?

Your presentation of yourself, and in turn your 20 year old driver, leaves much to be desired.  If this driver is the talent you believe, you may want to let him speak for himself because you have not put forward a very positive public image so far.

As far as what your series does about any given incident, if you are consistently unhappy with their decisions, find a new series to race.  As a regional director for my organization I do what I can to make sure my fellow racers are happy but NO ONE gets cut any slack for poor decisions on track.  I always know that with every decision I make some one will not be happy.  If someone is unhappy enough they will leave my series.  That is never a good thing but it is also not always a bad thing.

As a note to you, Yorkshire Racing, trying to justify bad decisions or bad behavior by using the "other guy's" bad behavior is NOT justification.  Its an excuse and a lame one.  

Lastly, as you, Yorkshire Racing may have noticed I have not commented on the video clip.  Nor will I, since my opinion of it does not matter, nor does yours. I would encourage you to try to be a bit more respectful in the future.  Also, it is a common courtesy, if you do choose to demean some on here put your name behind your words.

Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
You guys are no fun!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Andy Mitchell

Andy Mitchell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Region:Atlantic Canada
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:78

Oh no, looks like I missed all the excitement! But I bet it's the same general theme as what she posted to our local forum this morning. Really over the top, sour grapes stuff. Do you guys have to deal with hover parents down there, too?

Anyways, our little series appears to have lost a competitor. And you found out that not all Canadians are always super polite.

Carry on, sorry for the distraction.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
It seems the trash talk was erased, love Ron's responses even though I missed the original comments.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bruce McNutt

Bruce McNutt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

well, all I originally wanted to know was what kind of penalty would be applied if this happened in SCCA or NASA, IMO, our officials did not apply the right penalty. Anyway, Mamabear posted the same thing on our local forum in which can be seen here;

http://www.armsinc.c...php?f=4&t=13336

I did respond to her post. scroll down and you can read my response.

Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Region:WDCR/Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:TBD

well, all I originally wanted to know was what kind of penalty would be applied if this happened in SCCA or NASA, IMO, our officials did not apply the right penalty. Anyway, Mamabear posted the same thing on our local forum in which can be seen here;

Must have been hard to type while the little man was breastfeeding.

• Andy Mitchell likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Peter Olivola

Peter Olivola

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

As an SCCA Steward and after viewing the video, I have two answers.  As a Chief Steward/ACS/Operating Steward and if the video evidence is the only thing I have to work with, I'd be faced with needing to know the track.  Assuming the lead car was taking a line through what appears to be a kink, I'd put the responsibility on the second place car and move him to last in class.  If there was more evidence and witnesses requiring more extensive investigation I'd write a Request for Action and put it in the hands of the Stewards of the Meet.

If I were an SOM I'd want to see the entire video, especially everything before the contact.  I'd want witness statements from as many sources as possible.  If, and it's a very big if, there was evidence of similar contact before the one shown in the video and corroborating evidence from witnesses, I'd strongly consider, under the additional penalties the SOM can impose, disqualifying the driver, removal of all season points and a multi-weekend probation.  An SOM hearing is a collaborative exercise that establishes a unanimous decision and that can involve working with others whose approach may be different.

I'd like to emphasize the importance of determining what happened to asses responsibility before determining the penalty.  It's equally important to ignore anything that has taken place before this session involving all parties.  Prior acts are only relevant in an Executive Steward Driver Review, which is not an event based action.

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Ooooh Goody - I see Man Drama is alive and well in Canada. For a moment I thought it was just our version of Spec Miata that bred this sort of male testosterone fed man drama, but noooooooooo, we are not alone. Loving the thread on your forum Bruce, thanks for sharing!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bruce McNutt

Bruce McNutt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Peter thanks for the detailed response. That's the kind of answer I was fishing for. That particular video clip was lap 1, turn 3. For that race, everything was clean up until that happened.

Danny, this is only the 4th year for SM here in Canada. Its been pretty clean up until this year. Indeed, most of us are mild mannered until we install our brain buckets; then I guess our rednecks surface...oh and BTW, Canadian's own guns too. Lots of them. Have you seen that forum?.....more drama lol

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

The only time you can get away with something like that is when you do it to your Teammate, Ask Caveman.

Or Drago.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users