Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

It's a WAG but this is it right ^^^ ??

Come join the fun. :hugegrin:  Whistles for everyone.

http://arrc-online.c.../the-2014-arrc/

Reg.

http://www.motorspor...b-racing-404678

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Number:57

Johnny, might you make it to the ARRC all the way from Calif?  If yes, we'd do our best to show you a good time.

Drennen did it last year and I think/hope he enjoyed it.  Maybe you can hitch a ride (flight) with him.

I can almost guarantee you'll have a great time.  It's a special event.

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Sorry Russ, sounds awsome.

But I am doing Mid O next week, but don't tell nobody. :)

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Mark Drennan

Mark Drennan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Region:NorCal
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:10

Had a blast last year, loved the track and good times in the paddock.  Can't make it this year but look forward to returning in the future.  Only think I wasn't a fan of was the inverted start format for the last race (Luck of the Draw?)...lots of car-nage!

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

I LOVED the inverted start and hope they do it again!!! Mark, come back soon, we love having you race with us. Good luck next week

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

nickatgt

nickatgt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
I'll post more on the ARRC this weekend. We are going to do another "Luck of the Draw" race at this year's ARRC. This year it will be a Australian Pursuit race and started from the grid. It should be fun and once again it will be a purse race with money winners determined by a draw at the end of the race. Everyone will have a chance to win.

It should be "Interesting"

BTW we had only two cars that didn't finis the LOD last year and I don't recall any M2M.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I LOVED the inverted start and hope they do it again!!! Mark, come back soon, we love having you race with us. Good luck next week

Not me, i got hit twice in turn 5 on the first lap. first hit spun me sideways heading for the wall the second hit pointed me in the right direction but tires rubbing. It was not you Danny.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Hey nickatgt

As I said above, I LOVED the inverted grid SM race at last year's ARRC.

However I know all the SM drivers and know who to give room and who I can run side by side with. I am not sure what the " Australian Pursuit race" entails, but I most definitely do not know all the drivers from ALL the classes that are invited to run this race - B-Spec, GTL, EP, FP, HP, SPU, STL, STU, T-3, T-4,ITB, ITC, ITT, ITX, SM5, LC, ITA, ITR, ITS, IT7, SM, SSM, SRF, SRF3. (as per the Supps) 

I have no problem with Huge Speed differentials or Huge Skill differentials but with so many unknowns I guess I would prefer it if we started in qualifying order for this run group. After some of our recent mixed class (SM in STL) fiascos, there are many of us that are gun shy for sure. Would hate to think of really strong HP cars tearing up through an inverted grid without knowing each driver ahead of him.

Let us know what this Australian Pursuit is so we can make up our minds about registration. Also kind of need to know ASAP just in case the concept is really AWESOME, cos with so many classes invited you could hit the 74 car limit really quickly!!! 

thanks

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

nickatgt

nickatgt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Danny,

This format means that starting positions will be based on fastest times from prior day’s races. Slowest cars start first with gaps between cars determined by the difference in fastest lap times multiplied by the number of laps in the race. (e.g.: 2 second difference in lap time X 10 laps next car starts 20 seconds later and so on).

The race will start from the grid and each car will be released from the grid one car at a time with calculated gaps. Winner is first car to complete 10 laps and so on. Theoretically all cars will finish almost at the same time.

The Luck of the Draw Pursuit race will be open to any closed wheel car in run groups 1, 2, 4 and 6 that have raced in prior days ARRC or CCPS events or registered and run in the CCPS/ ECR qualifying session Sunday morning. The objective is to provide a fun race in a different format with a monetary payout to competing drivers. This will be a Pro race where $75 of the entry fee will be allocated for driver payout. Everyone gets one chance at the purse by entering and turning a wheel in the race. Everyone gets one ticket for the prize drawing by entering and turning a wheel in the race. We will draw tickets for payout, with money going to 5 drivers 45%, 25%, 15%, 10%, 5%.   Top finishers get extra chance at the drawing in the following allocation:

1. 1st place 5 extra tickets
  2. 2nd place 4 extra tickets
  3. 3rd place 3 extra tickets
  4. 4th place 2 extra tickets
  5. 5th place 1 extra ticket
  6. Last place finisher will also get 1 extra ticket

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Sounds AWESOME - I'm in 

thanks for the explanation Nick

Danny

nickatgt

nickatgt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

It's less than a month off now, the Honda Performance Development American Road Race of Champions presented by Grassroots Motorsports at Road Atlanta on October 31 & November 1 & 2. As the 2014 racing season draws to its end, the 21st running of the HPD ARRC by GRM is positioning itself to provide championship caliber competition with the fun that Club Racing is all about. 

Registration link: http://msreg.com/ARR...egistration2014

Please join us at Road Atlanta for a great race experience

As an added bonus...

A special event on Sunday will be Australian Pursuit Race

This format means that starting positions will be based on fastest times from prior day’s races. Slowest cars start first with gaps between cars determined by the difference in fastest lap times multiplied by the number of laps in the race. (e.g.: 2 second difference in lap time X 10 laps next car starts 20 seconds later and so on).
The race will start from the grid and each car will be released from the grid one car at a time with calculated gaps. Winner is first car to complete 10 laps and so on. Theoretically all cars will finish almost at the same time.

The Luck of the Draw Pursuit race will be open to any closed wheel car in run groups 1, 2, 4 and 6 that have raced in prior days ARRC or CCPS events or registered and run in the CCPS/ ECR qualifying session Sunday morning. The objective is to provide a fun race in a different format with a monetary payout to competing drivers. This will be a Pro race where $75 of the entry fee will be allocated for driver payout. Everyone gets one chance at the purse by entering and turning a wheel in the race. Everyone gets one ticket for the prize drawing by entering and turning a wheel in the race. We will draw tickets for payout, with money going to 5 drivers 45%, 25%, 15%, 10%, 5%. Top finishers get extra chance at the drawing in the following allocation:
1st place 5 extra tickets
2nd place 4 extra tickets
3rd place 3 extra tickets
4th place 2 extra tickets
5th place 1 extra ticket
Last place finisher will also get 1 extra ticket

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users