FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I am going to reserve comment on the press release pending a decision, while the sound of the press release does not sound encouraging for the petitioners, I urge all of you to reserve the flaming until we get the full picture.

To many unanswered questions in the press release to formulate an opinion or a response.

So I urge all of you to wait for the facts and to reserve yourself until we get a decision. For example, if the added wt is based upon fact and there in no mandate to covert to a stock head, something like the over bore rule, that would be different then going to a stock head.

My point, lets wait till the fat lady sings, she has not yet.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

This has turned into a circus, a circus many people are not going to attend.

8 plus different "models" now. Goodbye parity.

I think we had the 8 different models before just not defined and definately in Regional. (Haves and Have nots)

Ok, so big whoop, you're still going to go for the best out of stock head or weight.

J~

• MarekM likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

sounds like a bunch of BS to me.  They are going to test on one engine , and then another,  What motor? Is the 2nd test with the same type motor, or different.  Wouldn't you need to test all motors, 1.6 and up 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Okay, now I'm gonna be a dick...  

You two and your ilk are jackasses.  Todays message was sent to recognize the hundreds of emails (and petition) that were not in favor of ONLY running OEM heads.  The intent now is to allow as many to continue racing with their current heads unless they are significantly smoothed/ported (those need to go) at a reasonable weight addition - NOT PUNITIVE.

There are a good size population sending emails supporting the move to 100% OEM heads too, their voice is reflected in todays message too.

Testing will be completed in a few short weeks and we'll begin to have the info for this weight add and for parity adjustments.

So, believe what you want and think what you will, but you're both being stupid-poo-poo-heads. 

Is that how you listen to customers opinions and an opinion pointing out a huge hole in this proposal?  

I guess its easier to cast disparaging comments on people and resort to name calling instead of acknowledging a opinion that is different.  Nice....

• pat slattery likes this

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom OPM

Tom OPM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:1990

You two and your ilk are jackasses.  Todays message was sent to recognize the hundreds of emails (and petition) that were not in favor of ONLY running OEM heads.  The intent now is to allow as many to continue racing with their current heads unless they are significantly smoothed/ported (those need to go) at a reasonable weight addition - NOT PUNITIVE.

There are a good size population sending emails supporting the move to 100% OEM heads too, their voice is reflected in todays message too.

Testing will be completed in a few short weeks and we'll begin to have the info for this weight add and for parity adjustments.

So, believe what you want and think what you will, but you're both being stupid-poo-poo-heads. 

The SE Majors start in 7 weeks.

"Testing will be completed in a few short weeks"

Then the "industry experts" will make a decision.

Then you racers will have a week or two to get ready.

Should make for a great turn out.

Well done. :raincloud:

• pat slattery and MPR22 like this

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

John , any word of Mazda sending over a boat load of heads from Japan, maybe at killer prices ?? :prayer:

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

What's the ruling for the guys at the 25hr at TH going to do ??

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Did everyone want to run that BS "SM1" class that they proposed now??

Call it last chance, blend, port, polish shoot out ?? :)

Can't the region make the call anyway.

J~

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Number:6

I think we had the 8 different models before just not defined and definately in Regional. (Haves and Have nots)

Ok, so big whoop, you're still going to go for the best out of stock head or weight.
J~

You've got me all figured out.....

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Ok last try before my chicken little video, here goes....

http://heelsoncobble...ith_bow_tie.jpg

https://www.youtube....h?v=Q-GLuydiMe4

J~

Jason J Ball

Jason J Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:NASA-SE
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:15

John,

I will gladly pull my head and send it for this testing as it sits on my car right now. I'll even pay the freight, Just send it back in one piece. 

Jason

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

It takes time to sort out a decade of cheating so thank the builders and teams who have created this mess for the tight timing.

Or would you rather it be a guess and take the flack from that if it's not right?    NASA would rather get it right like the've done before.  (Remember when you told me I ruined the class 4yrs ago?)

J

• Glenn, MarekM and Mike Tesch like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

John,

I will gladly pull my head and send it for this testing as it sits on my car right now. I'll even pay the freight, Just send it back in one piece. 

Jason

We're working on a certification process.  Again, patience please.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:57

Not if done correctly.

And when in SM history has that happened?  I once owned a '94.... I know.

• Jim Drago likes this

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Is that how you listen to customers opinions and an opinion pointing out a huge hole in this proposal?  

I guess its easier to cast disparaging comments on people and resort to name calling instead of acknowledging a opinion that is different.  Nice....

In your case it is easier because nothing ever is good enough. 

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:57

All of your guys and ours were going to run the weight penalty anyway, I think they're relying on that.

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

And when in SM history has that happened?  I once owned a '94.... I know.

You like the parity now right?   Yes?   You're welcome.   NASA has history with this and we're very involved.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I'm done now.  If you have specific questions please send them to my email...  I'm done on this board for awhile.

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
John, not being a smart ass, just curious, how many of the numerous people wanting 100%OEM actually race and if so I wonder what events... Again, I don't care, just curious.
Also, I agree with you we have a mess now, but did we have a mess before??... Or maybe just some normal problems that needed to be addressed?
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

In your case it is easier because nothing ever is good enough. 

Stealing Blake's quote, "I guess you got me all figured out".....  

Too bad you don't know or even took the time to ask what I thought was good enough....... But it's ok.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA