Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:2011
  • Car Number:71

What year are you looking at running?  Ali Naimi ran one in SSC/T4 which was an older sedan version (2004 I think) and he did well enough with it.

-Derrick

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

I just noticed the 2011 model year under your name.  Looks like if you have a 2.5 model you should be ready to go.  From the GCR page 876

"Any non-adjustable shock absorber is allowed. The shock must be installed in the original mounting locations. Remote shocks are not permitted. Threaded shock bodies or adjusters may be used.   Any spring up to a maximum spring rate of 500 pounds front and 800 pound rear may be used  Cold Air Intake system allowed. OEM optional limited slip differential permitted.  32mm OEM style and configuration rear sway bar allowed. Catalytic Converters may be removed. Header allowed. Front strut tower brace allowed. OB02 requirement  for ECU does not apply."

2815 minimum weight seems a bit heavy as the earlier 04-09 model is at 2550.

-Derrick

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Ran the Mazda 3 at the Conti at the 2014 Petite Lemans. Was fast in a straight line but a handful in the turns. With better setup it can be very competitive.

On a complete aside, was quite stunned and very happy to learn that the Mazda 3 is the most popular car model in Australia in 2014, outselling every other brand including Toyoto Corolla and several other cars that normally rank at the top.

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Derrick Ambrose

Derrick Ambrose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Ran the Mazda 3 at the Conti at the 2014 Petite Lemans. Was fast in a straight line but a handful in the turns. With better setup it can be very competitive.

On a complete aside, was quite stunned and very happy to learn that the Mazda 3 is the most popular car model in Australia in 2014, outselling every other brand including Toyoto Corolla and several other cars that normally rank at the top.

Was it a Mazda 3 or Mazdaspeed 3?

-Derrick

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Mazdaspeed 3

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Chad Martin

Chad Martin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Region:Midwest
  • Car Year:1989
  • Car Number:38

Australians are so much more intelligent car buyers than the average north american idiot.  Plus, they always have the good models over there, mainly because they don't shove so much regulation down the manufacturer's throats.

There are probably 10 models i can think of over the years i would have definitely bought that were available in that market (and other markets around the world) that are or were not available here.

Mazda6 Diesel

CX-5 Diesel

Toyota 70 series land cruiser

Nissan Patrol

...the list goes on and on

Protech

Protech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:FL - Florida
  • Car Number:131

I looked at all of the cars for T4.     I like the Mazda 3 But the Hp is low and the handling is not superb .   Thus , I am building a  2003 Mazda 6 with 3.0.. The weight is very high but the power is good. The A arm front end should work Ok if I can get camber into it. 

The close tracks, (Sebring and Daytona)  dont have any real long  curves, just pretty short corners and long hard power pulls.

Plus it is sexy yellow and has the 6.  

• Derrick Ambrose likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users