Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Just returned from 10 days in freezing UK

Only bright spot was that several of my Hotel rooms offered Sky Sports 5 . A TV channel dedicated to 24 hour coverage of Formula ONE.

What a treat. Interviews with all drivers, past and present. Interviews with designers, managers, agents, pit crew, and more. In depth look at the design elements of the cars, past and present. In depth look at the Formula One Team facilities all around the world. Carbon Monocoque design, 3-D modeling, layup and curing, destructive testing and more. Just fascinating. Coverage of the current testing a Jerez.  

And you have to ask yourself how does a country with 65 Million get a TV channel dedicated to ONE tiny sliver of motor racing, and here in the USA, a country with over 310 Million, we apparently cannot justify even a 24-hour channel dedicated to ALL forms of motor racing????? I do miss SPEED.

• Jason J Ball and mellen like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

'Murica's all about the NFL.

Shoot, I cain't even pro nonce them lil furrin fellers names

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Hmmm...that channel streamed Danny? 

3 months after I "upgraded" just so I could get speed...it disappeared, doh!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Diller

Diller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Number:13

I thought I would miss Speed but it really just turned into the NASCAR channel with a few bits of other racing. Now, NBC Sports and Fox Sports covers a good bit of racing but you have to record it, watch it live in the middle of the night, or wait for the delayed telecast couple of weeks later and then you have to be careful around all social media not to see the results. Velocity channel also has some fun car shows that fill the small gaps left by the Speed channel.

I'm all for 24/7 F1. There is so much more to the sport than what gets broadcast in the states. You really have to dig online if you want to find out the intricacies of the sport like the technology or team management.

• Alberto likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

MavTV broadcast the FIA WRC every Saturday afternoon - good stuff - and Supercross on Saturday nights is as good as racing gets.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Number:92

I miss Aussie V8 Supercars and British Touring Car Series!

At least that insipid Pinks and the goofy "Guess the E.T." game shows are gone

• Cnj, Danny Steyn, Bad Rusty and 1 other like this

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

I miss Aussie V8 Supercars and British Touring Car Series!

Yeah, that is among the best racing I've ever seen.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Number:11

Agreed.  Well i had upgraded our cable service and then paid more to get Speed in HD and now i save $$ each month. :)  

I do predict in the next few years you will be able to go ala carte from your cable carrier and subscribe via the internet to other channels and then we can get that awesome coverage and racing back.  Like the music industry it will have to change, and you can't cram the genie back into the bottle. 

But until then Diller described a poor lacking race experience. 

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Finchy

Finchy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:Mississippi
  • Car Number:111

I'm from the UK and it's a sad reminder of how accessible and popular motorsports is over there.

Most people in the UK are within a 4 hour drive of 20+ road tracks, 20+ hill climbs, 20+ ovals and if you don't like asphalt there is an offroad rally (within 4 hours) most weekends.

Having 65 million people in a country slightly larger than Florida has some advantages. The weather still sucks.

• Danny Steyn and Bad Rusty like this

zoomzoom22

zoomzoom22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:Southeast
Danny et. al

You know your are $100 from an Android streaming box and XBMC Kodi from being able to get those channels streamed to your tv right?

All sky sports plus F1 channel for that matter.

bones240z

bones240z

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:SFR SCCA
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:51

Danny et. al

You know your are $100 from an Android streaming box and XBMC Kodi from being able to get those channels streamed to your tv right?

All sky sports plus F1 channel for that matter.

Which add on for F1 and sky?

Taylor Vance

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

zoomzoom22

zoomzoom22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:Southeast

Which add on for F1 and sky?

I just noticed in the past week several people repositories under the sportsdevil add on had the sky sports and F1 channels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users