Dirt poor kenny

Dirt poor kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:77

Now before i get someone preaching the rules. This is for my turbo AutoX miata. For my SPEC miata I already installed the offsets thanks to Ron here which gave me awesome advice...... ANYWAYS this is about not buying another pair of Offsets for my Daily/Autox miata and instead attempting to modify the eccentric bolts to gain more camber and/or caster. This is a 92 with bilsteins/ custom springs(500/350) /racing beat sways  setup. I know this isnt exactly about SM but i figured you guys know so much that you could help me! :)

My current alignment specs for my car (I could get more in the rear but don't want any more)

Front Toe: -1/16

FL: -1.9 caster: +3.5

FR: -1.8 caster: +3.5

RL: -2.8

RR: -2.8

Rear Toe: +1/32

My goal for alignment is to raise the front camber to 3 but have enough leeway to get up to 3.5 so i don't have to run +1.0 caster. I really just want to experiment since the rules don't require me to buy offsets or bend my spindles (not to bring an elephant into the room). If worst comes to worst ill make another set of offsets.

My questions are:

How would I go about "grinding" these down?

Would this give me sufficient camber?

Would grinding them down cause the suspension to un-align itself faster? 

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Have you installed the 99+ shock hats and FatCat shock bushings?

Are you asking about grinding the alignment cams? Wouldn't that decrease the amount of camber adjustment?

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Oop's, see my post below

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dirt poor kenny

Dirt poor kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Have you installed the 99+ shock hats and FatCat shock bushings?

Are you asking about grinding the alignment cams? Wouldn't that decrease the amount of camber adjustment?

Maybe, I dont know much about alignment im justing trying to somehow get more camber with my rotary tool and grinder. Ive heard from my friends uncles brothers sisters boyfriends newphews grandsons aunts cousins friends colleague that you can somehow grind down something in the suspension to get more camber.

Dirt poor kenny

Dirt poor kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

You could scribe a line on the cam and file to the line. Before messing with the cams you may want to check and see if the slot in the sub-frame will allow more travel inward.

Maybe if you gave me a nice microsoft paint drawing. I dont know anything about suspension besides replacing bushings and installing coilovers.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Maybe if you gave me a nice microsoft paint drawing. I dont know anything about suspension besides replacing bushings and installing coilovers.

^ I was talking with my head up my a$$. ^ This would be if there were cam bolts where the upper long bolt is.

The lower cam bolt needs to move outward to get more negative camber. The upper long bolt would need to move inward to get more negative camber.

Your friends suggestions may be to grind the slots longer outward in the lower sub-frame. BUT then the cam would not be supported on it's back side and could slid inward and you'd loose your negative camber.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Maybe if you gave me a nice microsoft paint drawing.

I'll get right on that.

• David S. likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Hey...the advice around here is free! Sarcasm comes at a price :) And some of it is so good you wont know until your next CC statement!

"Google" works pretty well as does the "search" engine on this site :twocents:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

"Blueprint" the hub carrier....  You ain't gonna get there with just eccentrics.

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Dirt poor kenny

Dirt poor kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

"Blueprint" the hub carrier....  You ain't gonna get there with just eccentrics.

yea im probably going to just make more offset bushings. BTW if anyone wants to measurements to make your own let me know i have all of the values and some CAD drawings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users