Dirt poor kenny

Dirt poor kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:77

I honestly feel like the NB people are just upset because they spent all this money switching from NA to NB only to have to switch back to NA. "No you dirty little NA driver you cant talk us NB guys hahahaha we always win." Ive heard a lot of NB guys around the paddock pretty much verbatim saying that NA guys dont deserve to win because their cars are all old worthless pieces of crap. I have both cars so I don't take sides but I really want the the top 10 guys to be half NA half NB. Its only fair.

Now some NB guys might argue that NA parts are harder to find and apparently they find this as a good reason to not buff the NA. Wait what???? how does that make any sense. How does having a car be slightly more expensive make it not worthy of being competitive. By that logic the most expensive cars in IMSA should be the slowest. So.....sorry Ligers and Lolas, we have to add 200 pounds cause youre the most expensive cars to run.....

I feel like ever since I went to my first SCCA event, the NB has always dominated. It was always faster than the NA (this is circa 2010). Even front runner drivers that took a seat in an NA were consistently half a second to a whole second slower. The NA buff is a tremendous Idea in my opinion. The problem with a 9.9 compression however is price. Its going to cost us a few thousand dollars to upgrade to all of the new rules. A well made custom header made with precious jewels for miatas ive seen run for 1,600 or more. 

I believe the correct way to balance NA 1.6s is to allow us to:

-use a quarter inch smaller dia exhaust

-Allow SPEC 4-2-1 headers ( so you cant go off and have burns stainless hand craft a header)

-subtract 25lbs  or allow subframe bracing in the rear

I was actually thinking something stupid like allowing a spec piggyback ECU but that would lead to tons of arguments and problems. 

Please offer your opinions on what NA buffs should recieve and refrain from telling me that NAs dont deserve it because they need it. I sent my offerings of rule changes to SCCA already. 

-Ken

Diller

Diller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:13

Hand out a winners trophy based on name drawing out of a hat, then we go on track for 40 minutes to do some lapping. That's fair.

Seriously though, there have been at least 10 threads with opinions on what the NA needs/doesn't need in the last month or so. I guess that is just what happens in the off season when people spend more time behind a computer than behind the wheel of a car. 

I will be racing my NA1.8 this year at Road Atlanta, CMP, VIR, Barber, and hopefully the new Corvette Museum track. I will be collecting data and if I feel that the NA needs an adjustment, I will contact my NASA regional director and John Mueller and ask for specific adjustments with references to specific data points. I am still new to Spec Miata but looking back on the history of the class, I believe that the system is working and will continue to work. 

BTW, if that is the kind of paddock talk you hear at the track, I feel really bad for your region and am thankful for the great comradery I have experienced in my region.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

subframe bracing in the rear

OEM subframe bracing is already permitted.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Parity

Parity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Number:51

DLNAD - New government top secret defense strategy? Nope.  Dirty little NA drivers. I like it.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Dirty little NA drivers

My wife gave up racing two years ago.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion

Dirt poor kenny

Dirt poor kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

DLNAD - New government top secret defense strategy? Nope.  Dirty little NA drivers. I like it.

I already love this forum. DLNAD will be my team name in chump car

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

I honestly feel like     Its only fair.

-Ken

Ding ding ding....you found the golden halo!

BTW...besides the subframe brace bit of wisdom( :nerd:), its almost like you may have read the other bits of information 500 times before if you had "searched" and read a little! Dunno, maybe you did?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

READ THE F'N rules!!!  You can already use a smaller diameter exhaust pipe...  All that is spec'd is max OD....

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15

READ THE F'N rules!!! You can already use a smaller diameter exhaust pipe... All that is spec'd is max OD....

Grumpy today are we :)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Dirt poor kenny

Dirt poor kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

READ THE F'N rules!!!  You can already use a smaller diameter exhaust pipe...  All that is spec'd is max OD... 

Theres a difference between correcting someone and being a douche. 

Dirt poor kenny

Dirt poor kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Grumpy today are we :)

I take back what i said about loving this forum. 

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

I take back what i said about loving this forum.

That's just being whiny. Get some thicker skin. :)
  • Alberto likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Maybe I am grumpy but with 3727 post on the old site, over 1000 post here, 13 years in SM, so what we don't need is an Internet Einstein who hasn't read the rules making suggestions on how to fix the class...

Spend the amount of time I have reading and writing the rules...yes the rules you read in the GCR were written mostly by me and Dave W from our time on the SMAC, then you can suggest something...

That and I actually own a 1990, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1999, 1999, 2001 and a 2006... all race cars....  So I might have a good idea of what works and what doesn't...

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Parity

Parity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Number:51

Now I know why there's no parity for the '96-'97 cars.

• Rob Burgoon likes this

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
[quote name="Mike Collins" post="74843" timestamp=

Spend the amount of time I have reading and writing the rules....[/quote]

Now I'm confused. I thought that was why we had you :)
  • Mike Collins likes this

Dirt poor kenny

Dirt poor kenny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Maybe I am grumpy but with 3727 post on the old site, over 1000 post here, 13 years in SM, so what we don't need is an Internet Einstein who hasn't read the rules making suggestions on how to fix the class...

Spend the amount of time I have reading and writing the rules...yes the rules you read in the GCR were written mostly by me and Dave W from our time on the SMAC, then you can suggest something...

That and I actually own a 1990, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1999, 1999, 2001 and a 2006... all race cars....  So I might have a good idea of what works and what doesn't...

cool story bro. Putting down other younger drivers and their opinoins because you know everything and have been doing it since WWII instead of trying to clarify things. Now I know exactly what business not to go to for advice or to buy services.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

cool story bro. Putting down other younger drivers and their opinoins because you know everything and have been doing it since WWII instead of trying to clarify things. Now I know exactly what business not to go to for advice or to buy services.

I now see your problem...there are no "BRO's" here. The men on this site for the most part are helpful and generous...and occasionally scold the youngins with a little sarcasm and teasing when they don't do their due diligence.

You came on and started 3 or 4 threads in a few days. It is obvious you are just learning. When you post things with an amount of certainty as if you suddenly are an expert(and wrong)...those guys who do know are not going to let it slid. It's obvious you don't know the rules...which in it self isn't an issue. But be prepared to be corrected. And attitudes don't stick around here very long...

Ron

RAmotorsports

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR

Nobody knows anything about you or whether you are "younger".  Quit victimizing yourself.

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Number:59

giphy.gif

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Guess I'm to old to understand the youth humor Matt...is that a popcorn kangaroo :)
  • ECOBRAP likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users