Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:72
Mike told me that Todd had a low 1:44.0xx this morning that didn't show up on Race Monitor.

That would move Todd up to 2nd or 3rd at this time.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

DONT MIND SAYING  love too see the boys with allowed power do well :hugegrin:

Apparently with allowed power they qualify about 2.5 seconds back and out of the top 20? :wacko:

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Car Number:22
Time to wake up and see if we can't shuffle this deck one more time. 10 mins to lay down your best lap of the weekend. Pressure is on and track conditions will be important, scattered ahowers in the area last night, if much rain it caught the track then this session will probably be slower, if not then should be faster temps will be about 10 degrees cooler.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Congrats to the podium! and a shout out to Ross, great 4th against a tough field.
  • MPR22 likes this
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Great race drivers. FINE job by Ross.  :thumbsup: 

• MPR22 likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
I was able to watch some on the SCCA site. Congrats to all the podiums guys! Congrats Dillon, Steve @panic and Dan@Ti speed on the win.

I agree probably the best run in a majors in that deep of a field by Ross! Very Nice.

Hopefully no drama and you guys get to to it tomorrow with rain tires :)
Jim
  • MPR22 likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Whistled Ross, Halderman, and two others. All four passed with flying colors.

No "man drama".

Pat
  • Mike Collins likes this

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
Thanks for the shout out gentlemen, had a lot of fun running with Selin. We just didn't have the pace to run with the podium. Congrats to Machavern, Steyn and Goring. They were fast enough to race and still pull away from the field.
  • trimless likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Rain today.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Congrats to all that podiumed and Ross for p4. I normally start the season at Atl. This year with the rules change and the time it took to get it settled. I kinda waited around to see how things went before pulling the trigger on a new compliant engine. Looks like I should have that fulfilled in a week or two and be ready to join the fun. I sure miss racing with you guys, love all the monkey biz that goes on in the paddock as well. Sm is such a big family even though we are sometimes disfunctional.

From race monitor Looked like a nice win for goring today in the rain.
  • MPR22 likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Congrats to all the podium drivers. I don't know Johnathan Goring, met him once at Atlanta last year very briefly. Not sure what he raced other than SM, however obviously a talented driver. Likewise Congrats to Dillon,Danny and especially Ross! IMO, that was Michaels best weekend in a field of that caliper.
From the outside looking in, just like NOLA and as I expected.. the drama is 100X worse here and other social media than it is at the track.
Hopefully we can all move forward now and racing our girly cars :) I wont see most of the east coast guys until maybe the Sprints or Watkins Glen. I should be getting my car back from the shop this week or early next.

Jim
  • MPR22 likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Thanks for the props Jim.

Couldn't not have done it without the help of some really talented and generous people.  

Thank you to my father Pat Ross, greatest dad ever, who wants to win worse than I do and that is saying something.  Thanks for coming out and supporting me at the races, hope this nearly 44 year old kid makes you proud. 

Thank you to Chis Haldeman of X-Factor Racing, really fun hearing from others how strong the car is.  Car was almost perfect from the moment we showed up, made small adjustments based on my hot pressures that were good enough to be P4 in qualifying and the car raced really well on Saturday.  Sunday was more of a driver issue as I was up to P3 with a good gap back to  P4, forgot some of my driving fundamentals and let a drying track get the better of me.  Again, thank you to Chris for hauling me around and working on my cars this year and many others.  We went to drivers school together and have been racing together ever since.   

Thank you to my incredible wife for letting me go out and play with the other teenagers..

What a great group of guys to race with, Danny, who didn't hesitate to look at my data and offer help.  Selin and Dillion, great young men, mature beyond their years.  BFC, for trading champion of Texas back and forth for the weekend and laughing about it.  Todd Buras for donut delivery and his enthusiasm and excitement about the sport.  Tom Fowler and Dave Wheeler couldn't be nicer guys willing to lend a hand to a customer or a competitor.  

There was plenty of hard racing and lots of sincere appreciation of every ones efforts through out the field. 

Mr. Goring was on a mission this weekend, very impressive driver, didn't get to talk to him but I saw the rear of his car from afar most of the weekend. 

Hope we can do it all again soon. 

• FTodaro and Armando Ramirez like this

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago

Just got done plowing 5" of snow this morning. YES IT F_ING SNOWED

Always great hanging out with the OPM guys. Tom and Tracy, THANKS for the hospitality. Danny, Skip, Blake etc are always fun to share tent space with.

Congrats to MPR and the X-factor team. Too bad Chris had an off weekend after a great NOLA

Nice to see the BSI, Flat-out and SAC crews

Huge props to Jonathon Goring and his dad. After struggling for a couple years to come to grips with our little chick cars, they have shown that a top driver in a home built car can win races. Enjoy your first Majors victory.

dave

• Mike Collins and MPR22 like this

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

where are all the videos?

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Its been an interesting year so far. We have been on the podium 7 out of 8 races, but unable to close the top step. Really thought I had a shot at it at my home track, Road Atlanta, but it was not to be.

During testing I had noted that the NE contingent were really strong in the wet, and would be a threat if rain materialized on race day. Jonathon Goring, Tyler Kicera and Elivan were the wet weather standouts.

The three qualifying sessions were run in completely different conditions with the 3rd session yielding the times. Congrats to Dillon Machavern and Chris Haldeman for nailing down the times in Q3 that would survive the weekend.

RACE 1

I got a good push from Rossini team mate Jonathon behind me and managed to get alongside Dillon going into T1. He came down on me and we brushed mirrors, mine going the wrong way. Fortunately we both got through T1 and I was able to reset the mirror and realign it during lap 1. On lap 2 Dillon came storming past me and when we went two wide it created the monster draft for Jonathon to get the pass completed into T10A.

I was content to run behind the two of them, and when Jonathon got past Dillon it allowed me to catch up as Jonathon was leaving a lot on the table in the braking zone for T10A. Dillon did manage to push Jonathon out of my reach, but with just over two laps to go he made the pass down the back straight, slowing them up and allowing me to catch. Through Turn 5 they both had a moment that allowed me to get past Jonathon and onto Dillon’s tail. I was leaving it all for the last lap, when we unfortunately ran up on a lapper at the worst moment, going through the downhill esses. Dillon checked up, passed left and I stayed on it and passed right, but could see that if I stayed on it I would punt him off the track, so I lifted, allowing Dillon to get away and Jonathon to close on my tail.

With no hope of getting Dillon I made sure I defended from Jonathon and was lucky to keep 2nd place.

Congrats to both Dillon and Jonathon for a fine hard clean race

RACE 2

I was hoping for wet weather and race 2 started off very wet so we went full wet setup. Once again I managed to get under Dillon through Turn 1 and had Jonathon hard on my tail through the infield. I was really upset when he didn’t push me on the back straight, but when I realized the pace he was running in the wet, I fully understood. This kid and drive in the wet. He gave me an absolute schooling.

As the race progressed the rain eased, the track dried and our wet setup went the wrong way. I like a loose car and like to drive in the rain with the rear end stepping out, but no matter what I did to get the tail to break out, the front would just push wide  and I dropped further back.

Cars were going off everywhere and were parked in the sand traps all around the track. Eventually the 3rd car off at T10A stopped almost on the racing line and the full course yellow came out, allowing me to close the 5 second gap on Jonathon and Dillon the 14 second gap on me.

When we went green we had 4 racing laps and I was hoping to have a 2nd shot at it and put the pressure on Jonathon. He had a moment in T6 allowing me to close in tight, but when Cliff Brown went off in T10A in the exact same place as the previous driver, they threw the checker 3 laps early.

A huge shoutout to Jonathon Goring for a brilliant drive in the rain. Totally dominated the entire field. Congrats to Dillon for a fine drive in the wet.

Disappointed not to have the East Street crew there. Also really sad to see Tyler Kicera and Chris Haldeman sidelined. Other notables were the great drives by Michael Ross whose fitness regime is plain for anyone to see. Selin Rollan was always in the hunt, but the really great news is the strong performance by Blake Clements who now finally has a car under him that is allowing him to show us what we know he can do.

Thanks to Tom and Tracy Fowler and the entire team at OPM once again for spectacular car, and to Mike Rossini for the wonderful support and great engines. Thanks to Carbotech for awesome brakes, and to Traqmate for the data system and new MOBIUS cameras that are just perfect. Thanks Glenn

Here is my video from Race 1 – first two laps are exciting, then lots of circulating, and then it gets exciting again at the 17:20 mark

• Jim Drago, Derrick Ambrose and Tyler Kicera like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

David S.

David S.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:07
Danny, thanks for sharing the video. As always it was very entertaining.

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

This was my first time at Road Atlanta and the track is right up there in the top 3 on my list.  The walls didn't bother me, probably because I'm used to all the blue guide rail being even closer at the Glen.  I must say, they need to work on the drainage in the esses because it was downright dangerous with all the standing water when it would rain steadily.    

To say I was disappointed I couldn't participate beyond lap 6 of Q1 would be the understatement of the year for me.  I was looking so forward to having a good start to my season and was rather excited to see rain in the forecast.  I made every attempt to find a motor or another car to get in for the race but just couldn't make it happen.

Congrats to all of the top finishers.  If there is anything this forum should teach you, its that the pool of talented drivers has grown to a level where you all suck at predicting top 5  :P  

• Mike Collins and FTodaro like this

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Danny, you kept hitting the push to pass on the dash at the wrong time!

I assume minimal tech...no one has commented? Oh, other than being whistled.

• High Chair likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

I was not there but danny said on facebook they checked fuel, ecu, whistle, and something else that wasn't really invasive either but i forget.

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

LOL!!! I'm sure it was just the alter.., I mean cool box.

• Danica Davison likes this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Majors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users