Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

If anyone saw what Marco did to the K wall at Sonoma Sunday it could have been much worse ( he cracked it ). 

What's the policy on getting Sonoma to add more tire barriers where we as drivers think there's a potentially dangerous situation ??

Also Larry Moore (spec E-30) hit the right side K wall coming out of 8a could certainly use some more there...

• john mueller and Pat Ross like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Aren't Jerry and the track owner bud's ??

How do you know the conversation hasn't already taken place?

IDK, just saying...

Also Ron at AIM have a few tires laying around.

But definitely we need them all over.

I was reallty hoping to see a video in this thread. <_<

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)

That video is under lock and key....

Race #1 on the other hand will be up soon...Craig...be ready for ALOT of your front bumper in the rear view...

All jokes aside and putting this back on thread topic...Todd, I completely agree. I watched how fast Mark and Marco shot off track and saw the car being pulled onto the roll back. I can't say how relieved I was when Marco was in his paddock when I got back and seemed to be just fine. There really is NO reason why there isn't tires at every point of every track. "Cars don't usually hit there" is not a valid excuse. I have lost a car to the wall "where tires should have been" and luckily just some sore ribs and a headache for the driver. 

We have also seen a not so positive situation with Mr. Petruska. Ashamed to say I am not sure of the latest with Dave but it has been a long road up to this point I know that. 

What do we need to do? I would imagine RonC has to pay a recycler to haul off old tires? Stop recycling them and use them at the track to protect drivers/spectators. 

This gets a vote from me. I would even support a $10 entry fee increase to pay to have the tires bound together and made into a barrier. The old saying, if you've got a $10 head get a $10 helmet. I think the same applies here, a little bit extra could be the big difference.....

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Well said, keep us updated on the Panda Express Sponsorship (inside joke) :)

Frank's really good at the petitions, maybe we need  to fire one up??

NASCAR upping their safer walls after Jeff G/Kyle B crash, what's the deal with road courses??

Their coming soon.

With all seriousness, this is a major safety concern and I hope someone chime in with an update with changes in the works with SCCA/NASA/NASCAR, etc. running at this track.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users