Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:40
Where is your water temp sensor Matt? Water wetter has a chart and a mix ratio for optimum cooling. I imagine it is accurate!

But some don't read bottles(local that will remain nameless :) )and can't believe how expensive water wetter is when it takes 20+ bottles to fill the radiator!

Ron

RAmotorsports

2014 NASA SM Western States Champion(Car owner)

2015 NASA 25HR E3 Champion(Car owner)

2016 NASA 25HR E3 Champion(Car owner)

2017 NASA NORCAL SM Series Director

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

topgear3793

topgear3793

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:51

My water temp sensor is right next to the thermostat, similar location to where the stock fan sensor is.

And lol I know there is a chart, but the BTM guys had to use some of my bottle at T-Hill, and I just dumped the rest in there knowing that it was less than the amount I was supposed to. That being said, I didn't want my temps to drop by 20 degrees, so it seemed to work out perfectly and only dropped them 5-10!

-Matt Cresci

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

OctaneNation

OctaneNation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Matt,

Colder than 195* results in lost power??

topgear3793

topgear3793

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Matt,

Colder than 195* results in lost power??

If anything it is marginal, but this is a spec series so marginal gains are everything :]

Next month I am going to a track where I will be drafting for 60 seconds each lap, and as a result I am going to put in my lower temp thermostat, and more Redline Water Wetter, to account for that. If I find myself out of the draft, then I may lose a tiny bit of power running at 175-180 degrees, but nowhere near as much as I would lose if the car was heatsoaking and pulling timing at 220 degrees.

-Matt Cresci

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 5,256 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Everyone see these ?
http://timingscoring... - April 18-19/

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

topgear3793

topgear3793

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Yes -________-

No response from my appeal to NASA

-Matt Cresci

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

Hey that timing and scoring can't be right,, the fastest lap was in  a 1.6 (Matt C).. 

• topgear3793 likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

topgear3793

topgear3793

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Bombed the start and was a "man on a mission" as quoted by Jaime F. lol

-Matt Cresci

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 5,256 posts

Season points have been uploaded. We encourage all to check them for accuracy. If you find something that needs to be changed e-mail Scott directly with the following information: member #'s and what should be combined or corrected. Deadline for doing this is May 16th, 2015 after that date all points will stand as posted. Points are located Here

scott@nasacarcontrol.org

http://nasanorcal.co...easonpoints.htm

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

topgear3793

topgear3793

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Anyone know if we are still doing the 1.6 points championship? Off the books? Craig?

-Matt Cresci

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 5,256 posts

I think you would call that an inaccuracy and should contact the suggested contact above.

J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users