Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:DC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:05

I want to welcome Mike Monaghan ( Buelligan) as our league manager.

Mike is an old school sim racer, raced with me back when we used the arrow keys to steer. He was there for the beta test is NASCAR when the game had Taledega as the one lap demo. Back then we could hack the .ini file for no restrictor plat. This was WAY before Drago thought of RP bypassing. Mike is a fast sim driver in his own right and super enthusiastic about sim racing and our league.

Mike will be posting some exciting press releases about our series and is the point man for all things iRacing and MX5CUP.COM at this site. (and soon the mx5cup.com WordPress site as well)

Mike, I can't thank you enough for heading this up!!

WELCOME!!

Thank you Jim!

I want to welcome everyone and thank you for participating! This should be an excellent series and the base model for a few more series soon to be presented. I will keep all relavant news and annoucements within this specific post so everyone can stay updated. We will release the series information this week and hope to begin on 3/15, but probably on 3/22. I will post the date here as soon as it is confirmed! I do know it will be Tuesday nights around 8 o'clock EST.

I am thinking about a 35 minute practice with a 20 min qualify and a race start time of 9:00PM EST. Let me know ASAP if this presents a problem for anybody because I would like to keep it consistant once we get started. Thanks for your input!

So get ready and stay tuned for a great league with some excellent racing and some great sponsorship with prizes to boot! See you guys and gals out there!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
I will be hosting another practice session tomorrow night (3/8/2011) at our first track on the schedule, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca tomorrow night at 8:00 PM EST.

Hosted name: MX5CUP.COM
Password: password

See you there! I hope everyone who intends to participate can show up even for a few minutes so we can get an idea on participation. This will be a 240 minute (4 hours)session so plenty of time to sign in and do a few laps!

See ya on the track!

Danny, get a headset! LOL
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47
looking forward to this. Do you recommend any particular headset that is a decennt price

[/quote]

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

looking forward to this. Do you recommend any particular headset that is a decennt price

Welcome! I use this headset by Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset. About $40 with free shipping. I like it because I can still hear the 5.1 surround speakers through them but my spotter and chatting is easier to hear through the headset. Then when I have to be quiet and put all sound through them it is good enough. I'm sure there is better but for the price I like them!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
Thanks ordered it today. Wont have it for tonight, but I will be there.

Welcome! I use this headset by Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset. About $40 with free shipping. I like it because I can still hear the 5.1 surround speakers through them but my spotter and chatting is easier to hear through the headset. Then when I have to be quiet and put all sound through them it is good enough. I'm sure there is better but for the price I like them!

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Thanks ordered it today. Wont have it for tonight, but I will be there.

Cool deal! See you out there.
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Wanted to thank everyone for showing up last night. Like I said last night, Jim is working on some cool stuff for this series and with some new information recieved last night it just got better. The only thing is we have wait a little longer to get started. Check in here for updates. I will share the track list here soon. We would like to get 20+ entrants for this series so let your fellow mazdaracers.com friends know about this. MazdaRacers.com registration will be required to run in this series. I will continue to hold weekly open practice on race night (Tues 8PM EST.)at tracks on the schedule. Lets see if we can get at least 20 people to show up regularly for these practice sessions, Spread the Word! For those who show up over the next week or so at practice can have some input on which setup, distance etc. they would like to see. Can't make any promises but I will listen and take ALL input into consideration. For example we discussed which "FIXED" setup we will use for the series and while baseline is a nice start many do not like it. So we will explore a few variations for consideration. So showing up for these practice sessions will have its advantages! Hang in there guys, the wait will be well worth it!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
Had a great time. Won't miss one in the future. I learned some and really had fun especially the pit parties....

Wanted to thank everyone for showing up last night. Like I said last night, Jim is working on some cool stuff for this series and with some new information recieved last night it just got better. The only thing is we have wait a little longer to get started. Check in here for updates. I will share the track list here soon. We would like to get 20+ entrants for this series so let your fellow mazdaracers.com friends know about this. MazdaRacers.com registration will be required to run in this series. I will continue to hold weekly open practice on race night (Tues 8PM EST.)at tracks on the schedule. Lets see if we can get at least 20 people to show up regularly for these practice sessions, Spread the Word! For those who show up over the next week or so at practice can have some input on which setup, distance etc. they would like to see. Can't make any promises but I will listen and take ALL input into consideration. For example we discussed which "FIXED" setup we will use for the series and while baseline is a nice start many do not like it. So we will explore a few variations for consideration. So showing up for these practice sessions will have its advantages! Hang in there guys, the wait will be well worth it!

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Mike, not sure you'll ever get an agreement with a base setup. I personally think the one that comes with the car is well balanced.
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41
kinda glad for the delay. Gives me a chance to get things sorted at work, so I can come out and play more regularly!

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Practice tonight 8PM EST.

Track: Summit Point
Session Name: MX5CUP.COM

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Scottie

Scottie

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:19
I might need to join in on this one.
How do I fit this Ls7 into my mia.... nevermind

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

I might need to join in on this one.

So where were you Scottie! I stayed till 10:30, did 81 laps!

Thanks to those who showed up, had a good time.

We had 11 log in, thats good but only half way there. Lets spread the word and try to get 20 to show up.

Check with MX5CUP.COM for the track list and other info as we get closer to a start date. Site is still under construstion so it will be changing over the next 2 weeks or so. Will try to get sign-up running soon.

Getting closer folks, hang in there! Again thank you for playing along.

See you out on track!

Next week's practice will be Mid-Ohio. By popular vote! See, show up at practice and have a say! We will continue working on a decent "fixed" neutral setup to use for the entire series. The setup will be available only at practice if you wish to run it and get ready before we get started.
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
Very cool site. Really looking forward to this.

Mark McCallister

Mark McCallister

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:40
That was a ton of fun, thanks all! I was an iRacing.com member for a few months, back in the early days, but between some computer issues and that Solstice :blink: I dropped out. Driving the MX-5 is great. Thanks Mike for the lead-follow laps - that was my first time driving the MX-5 other than a couple laps at Laguna and my first time driving Summit Point virtually or real life - fun track...felt like by the end my driving wasn't too too embarrassing.. :D I need to get headphones so I can hear better and can talk...hard to type and drive at the same time!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Practice tomorrow night at Mid-Ohio, 8PM est. See you guys out there!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Ben Henderson

Ben Henderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'll be there! I am assuming it's the same password as above :)
Ben Henderson
97 SSM WDCR

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

I'll be there! I am assuming it's the same password as above :)

Yes it is sorry :blink:

Practice starts in 5 minutes!

Session: MX5CUP.COM
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Ken Quartuccio

Ken Quartuccio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Region:New England
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23
Mike
thanks for everything last night i tried your set up at vir and it worked great .

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Mike
thanks for everything last night i tried your set up at vir and it worked great .

No problem Ken and thanks for joining us!
Glad to hear that about the setup. I felt it was a good neutral setup that should work anywhere fairly well. I feel everybody was happy with it at Mid-Ohio and you liked it at VIR. I think we may have the setup! So anyone who wants to get the setup ahead of time to get some practice with it, has to show up at practice next week. I am thinking we will go to Sebring since we haven't been there yet. Again Thanks for joining us everybody but we need a few more so get the word out!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users