ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59

This is the first round of the Teen Mazda Challenge, biggest most competitive field there has ever been, 15 entries in our region! Add this to the normal SoCal crowd and we may have a 40 car field? Can anyone find a current entry list?

Who all is going? Hopefully my car is done being painted in time!  :prayer:

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Primer gray will be just as fast!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Number:91
I'm in.
  • ECOBRAP likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

You can ask Matt at socalinfo@drivenasa.com

And I'm not sure if anything has been posted on the SoCal NASA FB.

Reg.
https://www.nasapror...com/events/1991

J~!

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Primer gray will be just as fast!

My car will be slower, it will no longer have the infamous dented  golf ball aerodynamics! At the track that I need them the most... 120mph here we come  :spin:

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

My car will be slower, it will no longer have the infamous dented  golf ball aerodynamics! At the track that I need them the most... 120mph here we come  :spin:

I think you will need more than 120 Matt. :)

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Only thing better for a 1.6 is over bore.

Just saying,

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Only thing better for a 1.6 is over bore.

Just saying,

J~

Depends on the track, 20 lbs less weight or 1-2 ft-lbs more tq I believe. My car is flying this year at 2275 so I'll leave the displacement alone for now :)

-Ecobrap

True North

True North

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:Arizona
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:7

Hey Rob...I will be there too. Looking forward to running with all the young drivers and giving them a push!

• ECOBRAP likes this

Race hard my friends,
Dean Busk
Director/Spec Liaison Az. SCCA
True North Equity Group

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Matt, you've done well with what you've done and with what you have.

It's yet to be seen you're the golden child, but you have great potential, Mattson.

Dean, kill it this time with no penalty, all the best.

Rob, hope you get a dance partner, everyone.. he's got the skills to pay the bills even in his 1.8, take what you can get.

J~

• ECOBRAP likes this

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Hey Rob...I will be there too. Looking forward to running with all the young drivers and giving them a push!

If you're behind 2 cars coming onto the banking and you have to pick a kid to push, make sure it's number 51 :)

Good chance I will be printing a decal for my rear bumper " v BUMP DRAFT HERE v " for this race, no joke!

-Ecobrap

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Decent entry list for of 21 cars...  I expect a few more.  Should be good racing everywhere in the pack.

Jeremy Barnes

Brett Becker

Todd Browne

Rob Burgoon

Dean Busk

Justin Casey

Steven Champlin

Matthew Cresci

Sean Douglass

Mason Filippi

ROY FULMER IV

Adam Gershon

Mikhael Haddad

Jeff Jeppesen

Jahna Jordan

Daniel Langon

Preston Lerner

Randy Miller

John Mueller

Christopher Murdter

Will Rodgers

Robbie Rodriguez

Ken Saward

Nick Sommers

• Derrick Ambrose likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23

Holy R-Compounds, Batman!  That's quite the field.

I'll be there winning HPDE in my Mustang GT caveman car.  :spin:

• john mueller and Mark like this

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Ill be there if the mechanical goddesses smile upon me this week.
  • john mueller likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I think we should have a good driver talk about first lap Turn 3...

120mph on a 50 yard wide track feeding into a 40mph 20 yard wide track, is quite a dangerous recipe.

-Ecobrap

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

120mph on a 50 yard wide track feeding into a 40mph 20 yard wide track, is quite a dangerous recipe.

Good luck with that...might as well point everyone by so you dont have to worry ;)

It may be your first time but know one else cares...the locals will have a plan of their own! And lets also point out the local stewards can be heavily influenced by other locals! Fair or not...just what I've seen. Making sure you come away with points should be the first order of business!

Casey

Cresci

Rogers

Fulmer

Langon

Fillipi

Sommers

Murdter

Any other Teen challenge drivers?

• Jamz14 likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Be sure to read the event supplemental rules when they get sent out with the schedule.  It's quite common for there to be a rule that if you have non bump-draft contact during the first lap you will be DQ'ed or repositioned.  It's an attempt to cut down on stuipdass-bone-head-dive-bombs into T3 & T4. There are lots of passing zones, no need to muck-up the first few laps.

I highly recommend that you have some in car video to support exonerate yourself of help shed light on another incident.

• ECOBRAP likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Number:91

Fair warning, as usual I'll be protesting anyone on the front row that gasses it early.

I'll also be lobbying the class leader to drop the lap 1 rules for our group.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Fair warning, as usual I'll be protesting anyone on the front row that gasses it early.

I'll also be lobbying the class leader to drop the lap 1 rules for our group.

I'll ditto Rob's first sentence.  The run from the infield to the start/finish line is like 1/2 a mile...  Pole better keep a steady pace so everyone can be out of the last turn and bunched tightly.  I'll surely be mid-pack, I'll protest every car starting ahead of me (with my video in-hand) if I am WOT before the green.

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I'll ditto Rob's first sentence.  The run from the infield to the start/finish line is like 1/2 a mile...  Pole better keep a steady pace so everyone can be out of the last turn and bunched tightly.  I'll surely be mid-pack, I'll protest every car starting ahead of me (with my video in-hand) if I am WOT before the green.

Should still be in 2nd gear when the green flag drops. The lower the speed, the lower the potential variance in speed across the whole field. And it will bunch us bumper to bumper and make for a great Nascar picture on a Nascar track :)

-Ecobrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users