• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Pretty Brett Becker will be there and for sure I will be.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59

Is there a place where SM's usually park or is it just a free for all?

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Pretty Brett Becker will be there and for sure I will be.

Bretts car decided to not work and will not be racing.  He will be there Sunday to help in Tech.

Is there a place where SM's usually park or is it just a free for all?

Lots of guys get garages (I'll be in #7)...  Those who don't should try to congregate here (near G3 and fuel station).  

988557_10210152800283488_398322071752913

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Is there a gas station in the facility somewhere? Couldn't see one on the track map.

And is there someone that sells/mounts tires at socal events?

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Is there a gas station in the facility somewhere? Couldn't see one on the track map.

And is there someone that sells/mounts tires at socal events?

If you pit in the area on the map I posted you'd be adjacent to the fuel station.

SoCal usually has a tire vendor at all our events but for some reason we will only have someone to mount & balance, no sales this event.

• ECOBRAP likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Looking forward to it, see you all Saturday!

• john mueller likes this

-Ecobrap

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Here's qual. looks like they did it with 944 guys.
http://www.race-moni...mode=qualifying

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Number:11

Was there only a Qual for SM today?

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

The race was around 1p. I can't post anything if Race-Monitor doesn't.

Sunday Qual/Race
http://www.race-moni...Session/5387369

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Burgoon and Mueller love ya both but the start you guys want is whats going to create the turn 3 crash!   A tight bunched field with a slow start will allow those in back to make runs on the front.  Lets see 15 teen challenge competitors trying to win in turn 3....I expect carnage LOL  A fast start with the front row accelerating first and early will create a safe start at that track, but what do I know....The earliest green possible will also spread out the field....

Why is it that the one with the most experience is always dismissed?

Wrecks happen from slow steady starts it always allows row 8 to be at wot before the green and swallows row 1 by the first real turn. It happens at every type track in have ever been to. Rolling on the power is the only way so that everyone is at wot before the green. It gives everyone the opportunity to stay pretty much right where they qualified on lap one, and then let's the one guy who screwed up qual to work his way to the front without having to race agricultural on lap one.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Full race of 1 lap yellow ??
http://www.race-moni...Session/5387713

J~

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
Yep, race was stopped before we even entered the infield, a little hairy considering every car was bump drafting and couldn't see the yellows at 120mph traveling towards the first turn. Very happy to report that everyone involved walked away, the 25 min spent behind the pace car was not reassuring, but again, everyone is ok!

Bumper to bumper starts are fun and all, but they amplify the risk of a chain reaction like what happened today. I see east coast SM videos and they seem to give each other a lot of room, 5 ft in between rows and 5 ft between bumpers, which seems to work well? Not sure how it would work on a drafting track like ACS but we should definitely discuss our options for start rules.

Best,
Matt

-Ecobrap

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Matt we always roll on the power it is no surprise to anyone in the field. It is the fairest safest way to start... I have even run Daytona with no crash at the infield... Have been spun at start at mis but that was 50% my fault. Every time we stack up the start the way the rule book reads its crash fest...

Maybe the east coast is ahead of the west coast trends for once?

K. Webb