Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

TMC was on this weekend.

Congrats to NorCals TMC Nick (Nitro) Sommers on his 1st NASA SM Win on Saturday !!!
http://www.race-moni...Session/5423015

Congrats to Dakota Dickerson on Sunday.
http://www.race-moni...Session/5425808

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Nothing like triple digits heat for a nice relaxing weekend at the track...did i mention dust? Very deep field of talent this year! No guarantees on victory for sure! 2 Socal events in the books with 3 more Norcal events to go!

Congrats to Nic for his first win in what was a crazy race! Couple lead changes up front with about 20 changes between 2nd and 5th!

Though I wasnt there it looked like the event was a little more the norm on RM sunday. Congrats to Dakota for a wire to wire win...even with a tranny going out! Sorry to see Will lose a motor with 2 laps to go running in p2 :(

Nice job for Matt to start DFL on Sat and finish 8th never seeing the track before! Then finish on the podium Sunday  :thumbsup:

See everyone at Laguna!!

• ECOBRAP likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Region:Nor Cal
  • Car Number:59

Very fun weekend, somehow came out of it without a sunburn?

Saturday:

Was graduating from SCU (top GPA in Business Management major!) at 11am, walked across the stage to grab my diploma, then kept walking, hopped the fence, and hauled ass down South to try and make the 3pm race. Arrived at 2:30, strapped in, ZERO experience, and started the race DFL because I couldn't make practice or qualifying. My apologies for being so aggressive at the start. I managed to get up to an ok pace, about a second off the leaders, and battled with good friend Justin Casey for the entire race.

Sunday:

Studied the track map for a good hour or two on Sat night, and came ready to rock Sunday morning. I then found out I was going to be starting the qual race DFL due to the Saturday start. Threw me off for a few minutes, but turned that energy into productivity, and became a man on a mission. I go out to practice, only my second time ever driving on that course, and set the fastest lap of the weekend (2:10.602). Went from DFL to 4th in the qual race, learned my lesson from Saturday and was a lot more patient. In the main, started 4th, dropped back at the start, then picked my way back through to third. Very happy with that result considering the lack of experience.

Congrats to Nick for representing the NorCal 1.6 squad, and Dakota for obliterating the Sunday race with back to back fast laps straight out of the gate. Shame that a good battle between Will and I was cut short when his motor gave in, but we all know he will be back for Laguna. I am happy with where I stand after 2 race weekends at tracks I've never raced at before, and look forward to the remaining races in more familiar territory. I will post my Sunday race vid sometime this week.

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Congrats on your degree Matt.  :thumbsup:

• ECOBRAP likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Congrats Matt! You made the right decision attending the ceremony. Your start might have been too aggressive for me but it wouldn't have been for a more experienced racer. Thank you for racing with me.

The time you laid down on Sunday warmup was nothing short of stunning considering your experience with that config.

• ECOBRAP likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I think James should get a mazdaracers award for "being too nice"  :toast: Are you going to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca?

And anyone know what Buttonwillow #1CCW track records are for SM?

-Ecobrap

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Matt,

I am going to be at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca ( don't let Dean hear you calling it Laguna :)  ) .

As of June last year, Charie Hayes holds the lap record at 2:13:4  . That was blown away this weekend with race times in the 2:11's and practice times in the 2:10's  . Seeing that past record in the 2:13's makes me feel a bit better about my low 2:14 time. Really wish I could have pulled off the predictive 2:13's I was seeing on the AIM Solo before screwing the pooch, multiple times.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ECOBRAP

ECOBRAP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

So I should have unofficial lap record and Matt Million has the official lap record? I'm ok with that :D

MRLS edited... remind everyone to bring their new TMC shirts because I will definitely forget... memory of a pasta strainer :)

Feel free to send me some video and I can analyze it if you would like, or take a look at my video when it is uploaded and you can try to spot differences. Although my constant headlight popping and swerving off the racing line to feed air into the radiator might make it a bit confusing LOL

-Ecobrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users