East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

In my best Joe Biden voice....

What you need to have the best chance at the Glen is a 4 letter word - VVT

hmmm,, I was thinking i would run 99/00 car.  :scratchchin: Looks like I will test both on test day. I ran VVT last year

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

hmmm,, I was thinking i would run 99/00 car.  :scratchchin: Looks like I will test both on test day. I ran VVT last year

You have the luxury of testing both.  I think if you looked at RPM trace around the track from last year's data.

Revised the rest of the post although I'm sure Jim can take it in stride  :)    

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

...and the extra 25 pounds for you is just a rounding error.   :P Or consider it rewards weight.  

Wow.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Smack talk thread ^^^.

But I don't think there's going to be a round of "your mamas so fat jokes".

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Smack talk thread ^^^.

But I don't think there's going to be a round of "your mamas so fat jokes".

J~

Understand.  But, there might be a "your 2-time national champion is...." :devil:

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

He's mine? only 2 ? I loose track, maybe with Jimmy Johnson. IDK.

You'll have to write all this down for me, I'm getting old.

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

He's mine? only 2 ? I loose track, maybe with Jimmy Johnson. IDK.

You'll have to write all this down for me, I'm getting old.

J~

can you read pictographs?  can you count?  Its a lot to ask for an old guy....but, if you can manage to do both at the same time (a stretch, I realize), then you can count the "SCCA National Champion" icons in JimmyD's sig.  If that's a bit much, you can read his tag line above his cute little picture.  if that's too much, then put down the keyboard and walk away.

-tch

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Sorry, I guess add ADD and Alzheimer's and a need of a new pair of glasses to the dyslexia. I'm not well. :)

My mindset is, I do congratulate people on their success but put it out of my mind fairly quickly.

So I'm only racing the car ahead or behind me.

Did you say something ?

J~

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Sorry, I guess add ADD and Alzheimer's and a need of a new pair of glasses to the dyslexia. I'm not well. :)

My mindset is, I do congratulate people on their success but put it out of my mind fairly quickly.

So I'm only racing the car ahead or behind me.

Did you say something ?

J~

Never take the stand in your own defense. :rotfl:  :crackup:

-tch

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

https://en.wikipedia...Twinkie_defense

Did anyone really want to post something about The Glenn?

J~

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Weather forecast is looking drier than it did a few days ago, which is good as I have just repainted my VVT car, and as of yet, I have no idea of the rain line at Watkins Glen.

But the one thing that I do know is that the walls are really close, so this is not a track where my normal wet weather lets-find-the-limit-quickly strategy is likely to work with the new paint job!!!!. So here I am, wishing for a dry weekend, bet you never thought you would hear me say that! Or am I just messing with you??? Who knows, who cares, its 4th of July weekend at the Glen and its gonna be fun!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Mark McCallister

Mark McCallister

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:40

There was a lot of wet-weather running in the 6 hr. Tudor race this weekend- if you find some video of that you'll find some examples of what not to do...  :fight:   Seemed like T6 going into the Boot caught a lot of guys out.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

There was a lot of wet-weather running in the 6 hr. Tudor race this weekend- if you find some video of that you'll find some examples of what not to do...  :fight:   Seemed like T6 going into the Boot caught a lot of guys out.

This is why I love my wife - I was working in my office this weekend when she screamed at me - "Daniel get in here, the Tudor series is running at Watkins Glen in the rain, you need to study the rain line", and like the dutiful husband I am I spent the next hour watching them bounce off the walls, especially at T6!!! 

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Weather forecast is looking drier than it did a few days ago, which is good as I have just repainted my VVT car, and as of yet, I have no idea of the rain line at Watkins Glen.

But the one thing that I do know is that the walls are really close, so this is not a track where my normal wet weather lets-find-the-limit-quickly strategy is likely to work with the new paint job!!!!. So here I am, wishing for a dry weekend, bet you never thought you would hear me say that! Or am I just messing with you??? Who knows, who cares, its 4th of July weekend at the Glen and its gonna be fun!!!

This is my first time at this track and no bluff, i am hoping for some dry track to at least learn where the next corner is.

It has rained something like 15 of the last 16 days in Ohio. This summer sucks.

• DrDomm likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC

Rain line?  Easy.  Just stay off the concrete, the sealant and out of the brake zones.  Doesn't leave you much.  ;)  Don't worry, all changes next year.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

They said during the 6 hr enduro this weekend, they're resurfacing the Boot while NASCAR's there in August and doing the rest after they leave.

I was kind of thinking of going there too as a bucket list item. I guess I'll wait until next year.

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Weather report.

https://search.yahoo...-3.18-1503&fp=1
J~

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Watkins Glen, the track, has its own weather.  Can be raining in town and dry at the track or vice versa OR it can be raining in the boot and dry in T1.  Crazy place as far as that goes.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

It says Watkins Glenn International Raceway. You don't believe everything you read online ? :)

I was trying to give Frank a warm fuzzy feeling that he'll do fine.

J~

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Watkins Glen, the track, has its own weather.  Can be raining in town and dry at the track or vice versa OR it can be raining in the boot and dry in T1.  Crazy place as far as that goes.  

You can have mist/rain there, and nothing will show up on radar.  The mist can go away, and the fog will shut down the track.  Good luck!

• Mike Collins likes this
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users