Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
Gang,

I'm thinking of buying an Arai GP-6s and have a question about the visor. I tend to drive with the visor up, except at the start and whenever I see someone go off ahead of me kicking debris into the air. As such, I tend to raise and lower the visor pretty often.

It's impossible to tell from the photos on the web how the visor operates. It has this black lever thingie.... Posted Image

Can anyone who uses this helmet tell me more?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ken Wilkinson

Ken Wilkinson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:Mid Atlantic
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:228
Kent, can't answer your question but I can save you some money.
I am running a group buy on helmets right now thru March and the Arai is being offered at 15% off.
PM if you are interested.
Ken

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Kent, can't answer your question but I can save you some money.
I am running a group buy on helmets right now thru March and the Arai is being offered at 15% off.
PM if you are interested.
Ken

I have a feeling I'll be returning it at least once as I find the right size. What's the return policy on your group buy?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Kent

I use the GP5W - same visor - just a simple flip up. There is a detent that holds the visor down for open cockpit windflow, but a simple pull away and lift up and the visor is up

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Kent

I use the GP5W - same visor - just a simple flip up. There is a detent that holds the visor down for open cockpit windflow, but a simple pull away and lift up and the visor is up

What does the black lever do?

Ken Wilkinson

Ken Wilkinson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:Mid Atlantic
  • Car Number:228

I have a feeling I'll be returning it at least once as I find the right size. What's the return policy on your group buy?

No problem on return, vendor will work with you on getting it right.

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Number:92
When I raced karts, I ran a Shoei helmet that had a lever similar to that. It purpose was to hold the visor just cracked open, between closed and the first notch on the detent. Open enough for some air, but not enough for bugs and rocks to get in.

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

When I raced karts, I ran a Shoei helmet that had a lever similar to that. It purpose was to hold the visor just cracked open, between closed and the first notch on the detent. Open enough for some air, but not enough for bugs and rocks to get in.

cool!!

jsh

jsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:SW
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:119
I have the GP5W and it's a great product...Owned a number of Arai's over the years riding MC's and never had a complaint. As always, size and fit varies by manufacturer
jsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users