Photo

Well. I did it...

- - - - -

Best Answer fotostars , 07-07-2015 03:22 PM

Welcome! And try to find other SM to race against next time... This is the fun part.

Running in a group with many different classes and nobody to "properly race" is not yet what we call racing...

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ppridday

ppridday

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Land O' Lakes

Finally got my NASA provisional license.  You guys were right.  This is nothing like HPDE.  :) :) :)  Unfortunately with my license I also got my first 3 points as I clipped the back tire of a BMW in one of the corners.  Totally my fault..  We were out with the TT groups (Storm Class) so there was all kinds of traffic out there.  Vettes, BMW's, Radicals you name it.  I was the only one in Spec Miata class so I also got my first two race wins.  Hahaha!!!  Not really the way I wanted to get a win.  Still had a GREAT time though and can't wait to get out there again.  Now I need to figure out how to get my scale weight down from 2440.  :scratchchin: 

Paul

There's someone in my head, but it's not me....
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Congrats on the license... Glad you are enjoying the racing you will learn plenty through seat time...

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

Congrats, Paul!

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
Welcome to wheel-to-wheel racing!
Don't take it literally next time. ;)

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63
✓  Best Answer

Welcome! And try to find other SM to race against next time... This is the fun part.

Running in a group with many different classes and nobody to "properly race" is not yet what we call racing...

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

ppridday

ppridday

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Land O' Lakes
There were actually four other SMs in the race. One was about 5-6 seconds a lap faster than me and the others about 3-4 seconds slower. We spaced out pretty quickly. I'm sure I have a few seconds in me. I cannot seem to get speed down the straights. At BIR I top out at 105-107mph (by the Traqmate numbers). It just seems to hang there and I can't get any more out of it. From turn 1-3 is a long flat out sweeper and I am tapped out way before the turn 3 braking zone. Shedding some fat off of me and the car will help for sure but it just seems to wheeze when it should roar.
Regardless, I loved being out there. What a great weekend. :-)

P
There's someone in my head, but it's not me....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users