• Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Reg.
https://www.nasapror...com/events/2084

Entry List.
https://www.nasapror...=asc&sort=class

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ner88

ner88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Region:NER/CFR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:98

Knowing what time SM races on Sunday sure would be helpful.....

Need to book flights, would rather not have to stay longer than necessary.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco

Knowing what time SM races on Sunday sure would be helpful.....
Need to book flights, would rather not have to stay longer than necessary.

Tentative Schedule.

https://nasa-assets....15_Schedule.pdf
J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Did you miss the discounted entry to join us at VIR for the Eastern States Championship event on Sept 4-6th? NASA's Official Equipment Supplier, Winding Road Racing, is offering a $100 discount code to drive at the Championship event if you sign up for their contingency program which qualifies you for free credits toward racing gear.

http://us2.campaign-...12&e=871e9fa7eb

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

https://nasaproracin...th_fast_entries

NASA Eastern States Championships presented by Toyo Tires
Warming up with Fast Entries

Virginia International Raceway to host

NAPA VALLEY, Calif. (Aug. 18, 2015) - The second annual NASA Eastern States Championships presented by Toyo Tires to run at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) Sept. 3-6 is getting competitive entries.

East coast NASA racers are preparing for the big event at VIR in three weeks. The 3.27 mile, 17-turn circuit will challenge the 300+ drivers coming to compete.

Mark Drennan made his mark at the NASA Western States Championships two weeks ago by winning the Spec Miata Class as well as the new BMW Spec E46 Class. Drennan is going for a Miata and BMW double by also entering the Eastern States event.

"I originally signed up for Spec E46 race, renting a good car from one of the class founders Jason Tower," Drennan said. "I wanted to meet the other E46 drivers and, if I was fortunate enough to win the West, I want to see if I can consolidate the National Championship. After winning the Western States Champs in Spec Miata and Spec E46, I got a call about an open transport spot for a car and decided to bring one of my Spec Miata cars. The Spec Miata field in the East is deep with talent and I'm always looking to challenge myself. I've been to VIR twice, once in 2013 in a Spec Miata and a few weeks ago for a NASA regional in the rented Spec E46. I posted two wins that weekend. I expect James Clay and Cameron Evans to be formidable in the BMW race. In Spec Miata, there's a handful of super-fast drivers, but the top two are Danny Steyn and last year's Eastern States Champ Alex Bolanos."

Brian Faessler and his team have built an all-new Mustang for 2015. The No. 018 Ford Mustang running in the Super Unlimited Class will be one to be reckoned with at the beginning of September at VIR.

"We actually built a completely new car this year, an all-new 2015 Mustang," Faessler said. "With this car, we've now got an IRS (independent rear suspension), better greenhouse aerodynamics and some other minor things. I've been to VIR three times, twice this year. I was able to finish fourth in the July 17th Grassroots Ultimate Track Car Challenge. This year we are gunning for the Super Unlimited and TTU Championships."

Alex Bolanos is coming back in his No. 57 Mazda Miata and is looking to repeat his win at Road Atlanta in 2014 in Spec Miata.

"The goal is to win and defend my title," Bolanos said. "I am doing some set-up changes, specific to VIR, for the Toyo tire as I've always run there on Hoosiers. I think that the runner up from last year Danny Steyn and 2012 Champ Yiannis Tsiounis will be strong for the championships as well as the local talent."

Jon Felton, NASA National event manager, has his team in full planning mode for the east coast event.

"We have great participation from our administrative team on the east coast," Felton said. "Everything is progressing toward the first weekend in September. The racers are ready and we are still getting entries. There are a lot of strong classes like Spec Miata, Spec E30 and the HPD Honda Challenge class is the biggest we have seen it since Mid-Ohio in 2012."

Virginia International Raceway's 3.27 miles encompasses nearly every kind of turn. The fast esses that lead into the signature Oak Tree Turn are known throughout the racing community. The long laps will reward a good race car set-up and require the competitors to display their driving skills as well as race craft.

For additional information, please contact NASA Championships Media Director, Kyle Chura at kyle@kcapr.com or (248) 821-0468. More detail can be found at nasaproracing.com or nasachampionships.com.

To qualify for the NASA National Championships presented by Toyo Tires, NASA competitors must compete in and score points in four regional races around the country, five for the Eastern States Championships.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Turn-by-turn breakdown of VIRginia International Raceway from the BEHIND THE ZOOM team.

http://mazdamotorspo...tm_medium=email

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users