Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

TOPEKA, Kan. (Oct. 7, 2015) – The 2016 SCCA National Championship Runoffs presented by Garmin VIRB will return to Mid-OhioSports Car Course for the first time since 2005, September 19-25, 2016 at the Lexington, Ohio track.

The host track for 2016 was announced as part of the new rotational format in July of 2013, but competitors can now make concrete plans for the event’s return following visits to Road America, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Daytona International Speedway in successive years.

“It’s been 10 years since we’ve been to Mid-Ohio for the Runoffs, and for drivers of a certain age, it feels like going back home,” Eric Prill, SCCA Vice President and COO said. “It’s also been long enough that a whole different generation will experience a Mid-Ohio Runoffs for the first time, which is exciting. September is a beautiful time in central Ohio, with the fall foliage, the crisp mornings and the short-sleeve afternoons. This should be a can’t-miss event for every SCCA member and fan.”

The largest Runoffs on record came at Mid-Ohio in 2004, when 709 cars competed in the event. The Runoffs has crowned Club Racing National Champions in a winner-take-all, single race format since 1964.

More information on the SCCA Runoffs presented By Garmin VIRB can be found at SCCA.com.

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
Same weekend as nasa east champs. Kinda sucks
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Just start the Runoffs, fit the Nat's in and come back, they'll still be there running. :)

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Marc Cefalo

Marc Cefalo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:#00

seriously!  

nasa announces their dates weeks ago and scca finally announces their dates right after the runoffs.....

great, now shops and driver's have to pick one or the other.  if the clubs were smart they would have staggered the events a weekend apart to maximize the entires.

there would have been an incentive for drivers and prep shops (especially those not local to the region) to do both since the tracks are only 6 hours apart from each other!

two of the finest tracks in the country (glen is getting a HUGE makeover this fall/spring) yet the clubs find a way to make its membership stand with one or the other......forget about both!

what the hell were they thinking!!!!!

• Tom OPM likes this

Marc Cefalo

www.planet-miata.com

570-262-1013 direct

#1 source for new and used Miata parts and accessories.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

I imagine contracts were being negotiated for some time with no collaboration between SCCA and NASA.  And there is probably little each organization could do without actively working together.  Which I would believe to be very unlikely of ever happening.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Just start the Runoffs, fit the Nat's in and come back, they'll still be there running. :)
J~

This may actually happen 😎
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Rumor has it that Todaro is building a bells and whistles 1.6 to lead the NA charge at the 2016 Run-ons.

I can't wait to see the pop-up podium.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48
Not gonna happen

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

Not very smart to have them on the same weekend. Not just for the competitors, but for workers and support businesses (Trackside Tim, radio guys, Hoosier, etc.)

Dave

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

ah now you understand the benefit of having a two car program, Just gotta rent the personal jet and helicopters for the to-and-fro!

• Mike Collins, Derrick Ambrose and Danica Davison like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
I sure hope nasa and Watkins glen have a flexible mind set. Sure would great if the nasa east champs could be moved back a week. I say nasa moving only because I know darn well the scca would never even consider it. I can say I am already not enjoying the phone calls I'm getting asking where I will race nasa or scca. These date conflicts will hurt my biz for the entire season as my split decision customers will use another provider for the season based on my decision. Some racers take it as it goes. Most of my guys start the year with a plan and make a few events at the runoffs/champs track thru the season. The more I think about this the more upset I'm getting. Seriously nasa??? Scca runoffs has been the same week for as long as I can remember. Change the date please.
  • Lee Thomas and KW78 like this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I imagine contracts were being negotiated for some time with no collaboration between SCCA and NASA.  And there is probably little each organization could do without actively working together.  Which I would believe to be very unlikely of ever happening.

Pretty silly that the two organizations couldn't even put in a phone call to each other? It will absolutely cost both organizations money.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

So true Jim.  It would be nice if both organizations had contacts with each other to "work together".

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA