Photo

Does a double dip count as 1 or 2 races towards national requirments ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

GROOTS

GROOTS

SM

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48

Can anyone shed some light on this. Does double dipping count as 1 race or 2 when trying to satisfy the national license requirment ???

Jeff Gruter

Excell Motorsports

Paramount Tool & Equiptment http://www.ptetool.com/

Hatzel & Buehler Electrical Construction - IBEW

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Number:57

Deleted my original post.  I misread the question.

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

If you have a 2015 SCCA license (other than a novice permit) it's called a "full competition" license and your good for Regional/Divisional or Majors races. There is no longer a Regional and National license.

• Mike Collins likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

GROOTS

GROOTS

SM

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:48

OK gotcha, So there is no longer the 4 race requirement. What about the 2 race requirement to suffice license requirement for the season. does a double dip count as 1 or 2 ??

Thanks !

Jeff Gruter

Excell Motorsports

Paramount Tool & Equiptment http://www.ptetool.com/

Hatzel & Buehler Electrical Construction - IBEW

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
You get credit for each race that has a unique sanction number.

Short answer: racing in two groups counts for two races.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
Short rebuttal... Unless the rules have changed and I didn't look. When I was on a novice permit I tried the double dip angle and was shot down. Sanction numbers are not unique between classes on the same day. All of Saturday is a number and all of Sunday is a number.
  • Mike Collins, steveracer, mhiggins10 and 1 other like this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
In the end I took the real easy route and just sent a letter too the license Stewart for my region and got a waiver of requirements using my previous motorcycle racing experience. Racing at a double national for my second race ever
  • RussMcB likes this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Short rebuttal... Unless the rules have changed and I didn't look. When I was on a novice permit I tried the double dip angle and was shot down. Sanction numbers are not unique between classes on the same day. All of Saturday is a number and all of Sunday is a number.

you are correct says the WDCR-SCCA Licensing guy ;)

• GROOTS likes this
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

mvzante

mvzante

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Region:DMVR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:44

GCR page 139: "Drivers who have fulfilled the Drivers’ School requirements complete the Novice Permit by successfully competing in 3 Regional event weekends within the 2 year term of the Permit. The Chief Steward for each race must sign the Permit to indicate participation. When the third Regional event weekend is credited, the Chief Steward or Chairman SOM for that event must also sign the Permit acknowledging completion of the Novice Permit requirements. If the Chief or Chairman will not sign the Permit, a Novice Permit holder may appeal that decision to his Divisional Licensing Chairman for a final decision."

So to answer your question, no, you must compete in 3 weekends and it doesn't matter how many races you do that weekend.  When I got my full comp license I had one weekend where I broke and only completed one race.  It still counted towards my "event weekend" requirement to upgrade to full comp.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

In the end I took the real easy route and just sent a letter too the license Stewart for my region and got a waiver of requirements using my previous motorcycle racing experience. Racing at a double national for my second race ever

And I remember pushing his lame ass around the track to attempt to help him out.  I said to him, "you are a good driver, but your car is a real turd".

Didn't take long for him to fix that!

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA