Photo

Hoosier Tires, 195/50-15 poll

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Poll: Hoosier Tires, 195/50-15 poll (91 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you support a change to a 195/50-15 size tire of the same brand and model?

1. Yes (53 votes [57.61%])

Percentage of vote: 57.61%

2. No (39 votes [42.39%])

Percentage of vote: 42.39%

Do you feel this change would reduce wear and tear on suspension components?

1. Yes (60 votes [65.93%])

Percentage of vote: 65.93%

2. No (31 votes [34.07%])

Percentage of vote: 34.07%

Do you feel this change would improve parity among the different model year cars?

1. Yes (28 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. No (63 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Almost every post I have read in the last day has been two people going back and forth at each other. Can we try to something more productive? When I read the first post that listed the goals as shown below they seemed worth while and understandable.

Steve - You did not feel the same way. Are there other goals we should be trying to achieve? What clarification are you looking for?...

I don't know where you get the impression that I don't agree with the goals as stated?  They are certainly appropriate so far as they go.  I was simply hoping for more details if in fact they exist, and then depending on the answers to explore the flat statement about tire size, which I also suspect to be true but would like facts or at least more thoughts to back it up, because that’s how things should work.

So rather than a longer multiple-part question for once I started with a very simple one merely to confirm that in fact the initial post included ALL of the goals as defined by the SMAC.  I've been here a very long time.  When I don't fully explain myself my words are misunderstood or twisted, when I try to avoid that by explaining myself clearly the first time I am said to be loquacious, and still misunderstood or misquoted.  And now when I ask the very simplest of questions in the most innocuous way, I am negative and argumentative and the topic is locked.  What am I to think?  I attempted to continue the discussion and re-ask my question last night and the entire topic was deleted. Now I know exactly what to think.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Martinracing98

Martinracing98

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

I don't know where you get the impression that I don't agree with the goals as stated?

Steve, I apologize. I am an engineer. We are not known to be very good at communicating. I did not mean you disagreed with the goals. I meant that to me the goals seemed fairly well identified and complete. You seem to feel more information on the goals was desired.  

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

More like I wanted to confirm them first before following up with a question asking exactly which of those were inconsistent with a narrower tire, why, and how do we know that for certain. As you can see from this old poll, and this wasn’t the first time it came up, it has been discussed before, and given how many people have shown interest and indicated an opinion, it seems very reasonable to pursue those questions politely without fear of dismissal, belittlement, derision, or banishment. Unfortunately that expectation has not been met by the very person most responsible for seeing that it is. For me it adds to a growing lack of confidence.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Since I am so often misunderstood, I should be absolutely clear about at least one thing, my issues are not with this site or its owner.  Jim and I often disagree but always respectfully.  My concerns lie only with the Chairman of the SMAC. 

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

WOW, it truley is the mean season. First somone's busting Shaikh's balls and now someone believes Todd in line for some bashing. Not nice way to play folks, Shaikh of FatCat eliminated a serious issue Spec Miata had of blowing out the bump stop steel washers and the SMAC has been pretty open with all info which is ready or may be released. 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users