The SMAC briefly discussed reinstating the compliance fee for SM. There are several directions we could go regarding this subject, including:
- no compliance fee, status quo
- compliance fee for all SM entries both regional/Majors, to be used for tech at all events
- compliance fee for Majors only, to be used only for Majors tech
- amount of fee: $10-25?
- Use of funds:
- should the fee be used to compensate competitors for invasive tech teardowns?
- should the fee be used for more thorough tech at more events (personnel, tech tools, etc)?
- should the fee be used to compensate SCCA for travel expenses to seal motors pre-season at shops around the country?
One of the goals is to have a plan ahead of time so all competitors understand what the fee will be used for.
Any ideas, feedback, suggestions are welcome at this time. Go here to discuss, but remember you must send in a letter to officially voice your opinion: