• Car Number:88

http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1447960817

J~

Recommended Items for 2016

SM
1. #17222 (Eric Matoy) 1.6 L SM Intake Air Temperature
Thank you for your request.
The CRB thanks the below authors for their feedback on this topic:
David Dewhurst (17432, 17593, and 17727), Dave Wheeler (17548 and 17690), Charles Singletary (17557), Michael Babcock
(17568), Jerry Rigoli (17571), Justin Casey (17596), Dennis Mathias (17689), Taylor Ferranti (17691), Tom Scheifler (17693),
Steve Scheifler (17693), Jim Morris (17694 and 17734), Jim Drago (17695), Will Schrader (17697), Gary Bockman( 17702),
Andrew Devoto (17706), Tom Fowler (17716), Callum Hay (17720), Charles Mathes (17722), Dennis Mathias (17728), Mark
McCallister (17729), Patrick McFall, Sr. (17736), Mike Higgins (17739), Alan Cross (17742), Manny Platis (17742), Richard
Powers (17751), Geoff Cochran (17787), Andrew Cremins (17948), Tom Fowler (17967).

In order to establish parity for the 1.6L engines, the CRB recommends:
Change 9.1.7.C.1.m.1:1. The exhaust manifold must be Mazda OEM, without any material added or removed. No coatings
are permitted on the exterior or interior of the manifold. Heat wraps may not be used. 1.6L (1990-1993): The exhaust manifold
internal factory welds may be ground from the interior of the OEM exhaust manifold up to 1” from the mounting surfaces of the
cylinder head and the collector. A bead of weld or braze may be added to the outside of the exhaust manifold inlet and outlet
mounting flanges for the purposes of repair only. No coatings are permitted on the exterior or interior of the manifold. Heat wraps
may not be used.

All other years: The exhaust manifold must be Mazda OEM, without any material added or removed. No coatings are permitted
on the exterior or interior of the manifold. Heat wraps may not be used.

Change 9.1.7.C.1.k.1.a.:a. 1.6L (1990-1993) cars may replace the stock air box with a cone
style air filter assembly. The air filter element is unrestricted. No ducting or baffling of air to the air filter is
permitted., however, the forward-facing driver’s side turn signal indicator may be removed. The stock plastic air tubes between
the AFM and the throttle body may be covered or wrapped.

2. #17569 (Cameron Conover) Allow Removal of EVAP Components
Add 9.1.7.C.1.l.2: 2. Fuel filler tube venting may be defeated (loop or block vent lines in trunk).

3. #17931 (Ralph Provitz) Shifter and Linkage to Be OE
Add 9.1.7.C.2.f.: f. Updating or backdating of transmissions (inclusive of shifters) from 90-05 is permitted; OE shifters must be
retained.

What Do You Think

SM
1. #17680 (Ralph Provitz) 1.6 to 1.8 Clone
The CRB is seeking member input on the proposal below. Please provide feedback on crbscca.com.

1. 1990-1993 cars with the 1.6L engine may be updated to 1994-1997 cars (the source vehicle) with the 1.8L engine, provided:

a. Cars updated in this manner shall be re-classified to the model year corresponding to the source vehicle dash VIN plate.

b. A new log book shall be issued using the source vehicle dash VIN along with the source vehicle model year.

c. This updated car must conform to all rules governing the source vehicle’s model year, including, but not limited to updating
the following: complete engine assembly (from airbox to downpipe), ECU, wiring harness (in its entirety), dash including VIN
plate, brakes, and differential.

2. #17843 (Jim Drago) Compliance Program
The CRB is seeking member input about the possibility of re-establishing a compliance fee on Spec Miata entries in
2016. Please comment on the following to crbscca.com

Establishment of a Spec Miata compliance fee:

1. Should a compliance fee be established? Yes or No
2. If Yes, should fee be charged at both Majors and Regionals and be used for compliance checks at all events”
3. Should fee be charged at Majors only, and be used for compliance checks at Majors only?
4. Majors only - What fee would be appropriate?
5. Majors and Regionals - What fee for Majors and what fee for Regionals?

Use of funds:

1. Should part of the fund be used to compensate competitors for extended tech teardowns if they are found compliant?
2. Should fee be used to increase frequency of tech at more events?
3. Should a sealed motor program be instituted and funded by the fees?
4. Who should administer the program?

CLUB RACING TECHNICAL BULLETIN

Spec Miata
1. #17818 (Ralph Provitz) Throttle Body/Restrictor Gaskets
In GCR Section 9.1.7.C.1.k.1.d., add the following language:
“....and must not be modified. An OE (or equivalent) gasket shall be used on both sides of the restrictor plate.”

2. #17821 (Jim Drago) Compression and Carbon
In GCR section 9.1.7.C.1., remove section j. (compression ratio table) and re-letter the following sections.

In SM spec line, add “(without carbon)” to the Bore x Stroke column.

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

callumhay

callumhay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Region:fl
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:35
How is the fuel filler vent modification a benefit?

Excuse my ignorance if it's a simple answer!

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

Ralph, please help me to understand this:

SM
1. #17680 (Ralph Provitz) 1.6 to 1.8 Clone
The CRB is seeking member input on the proposal below. Please provide feedback on crbscca.com.

1. 1990-1993 cars with the 1.6L engine may be updated to 1994-1997 cars (the source vehicle) with the 1.8L engine, provided:

a. Cars updated in this manner shall be re-classified to the model year corresponding to the source vehicle dash VIN plate.

b. A new log book shall be issued using the source vehicle dash VIN along with the source vehicle model year.

c. This updated car must conform to all rules governing the source vehicle’s model year, including, but not limited to updating
the following: complete engine assembly (from airbox to downpipe), ECU, wiring harness (in its entirety), dash including VIN
plate, brakes, and differential.

I think what this is trying to say is that you can convert an existing 1.6 car to a NA 1.8. You have to transfer everything including air box, down pipe, wires, and dash board.

Then you have to run as a NA 1.8 including restrictor plate and weight.  OK, I agree with this and have been promoting this option for a long time.

What I don't get is why a new logbook. Now you will have a car with 2 logbooks and more importantly 2 stampings in the roll cage. Any history will be lost with the new book. And you will have 2 different VIN codes on the same car. The above mentioned, required, dash plate and the factory stamping under the hood. Seems confusing to me. But maybe I am missing something. Please help me out. You know I need help

Dave

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

As explained by Dave. And maybe it should be more descriptive.

The quoted letter was to allow the entire system to be removed. I wrote a seperate letter that was encompased into this letter. This is what is intended:

On 1999 Miatas ONLY. Not on NA and not on 2000+. There are 2 small fuel vapor lines that go from the fuel tank to the fuel filler neck. These can be seen in the trunk. If you tear everything apart, these lines do not actually go to the tank, they go to the evap system. Under hard cornering, fuel will slosh up into the filler neck, some of the fuel will drain through the small tubes and eventually fill the charcoal cannister with fuel. This causes the car to run PIG F-ing rich, spit sputter etc. By simply looping the rubber hoses back on themselves (filler neck back to filler neck and fuel tank to fuel tank) you prevent the fuel from getting to the evap cannister.

This is not a performance advantage. It only defeats a very small portion of the evap system. The fuel tank still vents the same. Only the fuel filler neck does not vent. This is something that has been done by virtually every car builder for at least 5 years. The SMAC approved it back when I was Chairman. At some point it got lost and is not currently in the GCR. For the 2000 model year, Mazda modified the system to eliminate the 2 lines. It takes about 2 minutes to do this mod. Only tool required is a pair of pliers and costs ZERO dollars.

The rule should read something like:

On 1999 model year cars, the 2 small fuel vapor lines that attach to the fuel filler neck may be looped back upon themselves. They may not be plugged or modified in any other method.

Maybe somebody on the CRB or SMAC will read this and correct the wording

Dave

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38

Ralph, please help me to understand this:

SM1. #17680 (Ralph Provitz) 1.6 to 1.8 CloneThe CRB is seeking member input on the proposal below. Please provide feedback on crbscca.com.1. 1990-1993 cars with the 1.6L engine may be updated to 1994-1997 cars (the source vehicle) with the 1.8L engine, provided:a. Cars updated in this manner shall be re-classified to the model year corresponding to the source vehicle dash VIN plate.b. A new log book shall be issued using the source vehicle dash VIN along with the source vehicle model year.c. This updated car must conform to all rules governing the source vehicle’s model year, including, but not limited to updatingthe following: complete engine assembly (from airbox to downpipe), ECU, wiring harness (in its entirety), dash including VINplate, brakes, and differential.

I think what this is trying to say is that you can convert an existing 1.6 car to a NA 1.8. You have to transfer everything including air box, down pipe, wires, and dash board.
Then you have to run as a NA 1.8 including restrictor plate and weight.  OK, I agree with this and have been promoting this option for a long time.

What I don't get is why a new logbook. Now you will have a car with 2 logbooks and more importantly 2 stampings in the roll cage. Any history will be lost with the new book. And you will have 2 different VIN codes on the same car. The above mentioned, required, dash plate and the factory stamping under the hood. Seems confusing to me. But maybe I am missing something. Please help me out. You know I need help

Dave

Dave it's all about keeping it simple for tech. The original log book would be no longer used
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Erik Hardy

Erik Hardy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:39

Ralph - Would the turn signal be reinstated for 1.8na conversions? Or can all NA cars have the turn signal removed (Does data suggest the 1.8na suffers from the same 1.6 problem)?

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sean - MiataCage

Sean - MiataCage

• Moderators
  • 301 posts

Hi Erik......  The turn signal if approved under it's current wording allows only for the NA 1.6 to remove the turn signal.  If the clone language were to be approved, then you would need to put the turn signal back into place.   Ralph might be able to provide some data, but the NA1.8 uses a different computer and AFM, breathes through the stock air box and takes air from a slightly different place so the comparison to a 1.6 is would not be an apples to apples comparison.

Thanks.... Sean

• Jim Drago likes this
Sean Hedrick - President
www.miatacage.com
360-606-7734
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

Dave D.

Dave D.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:NASA Northeast
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:14

I don't see how changing the VIN and issuing a new log book will make tech easier. In tech, the VIN is never really used or needed. The roll cage stamped number is the only one we are really concerned with as we check that it corresponds to the log book and write it in on the annual tech forms that we keep in a master file. Why can't just a notation in the book be done at the time of the annual tech which lists the change of engine size and vehicle weight. When checking VINs on Miatas I find myself looking under the hood at the stamped number on the firewall as the dash is more than likely cut up for the installation of the cage's forward bars. Then more than likely one of the VIN plate rivets gets cut,so the builder just rips the plate out.

I just don't see a practical reason for the need to issue a completely new book. I feel the log book is for tech to chart/document the safety and history of the vehicle, and not a primary resource for class legality(be it SM, ST1-3, GTS,etc....)

Sean - MiataCage

Sean - MiataCage

• Moderators
  • 301 posts

Tech....  Why does your log book say its a 1.6L but your telling me the car is a 1.8L?  That makes no sense. 

Competitor....  Per the new SM rules I am allowed to do a 1.8 clone.  It used to be a 1.6L now its a 1.8L

Tech.... I'm confused, I was not informed of this.  Were going to need to hold you until we figure this out.

Competitor.....  I'm also entered in STL and we are up in 2 sessions.  Is there any way that I can be released to make the STL grid and we deal with this later?

Tech.... I need to check with the Chief Steward.  Hang tight and I will get back to you.

Competitor..... (30 minutes later) Any luck on that Chief Steward situation.  

Tech.... I saw him, but he needed to check with the SOM, who is involved in another issue right now.

Competitor.....  If I can't be released now, I will miss my STL grid.

Tech.... Sorry about that... It should only be a few more minutes.

Competitor..... Missed STL 

Chief of Tech.... Pleas explain to me who told you that you could convert a 1.6L car into a 1.8L car.  I was never informed of this.

Competitor....  It is in the GCR.

Chief of Tech.... Then why doesn't the log book reflect this.  I'm going to have to get the SOM involved.  Let me see if I can find him.

On and on and on and on and on...........

It's a whole lot simpler to explain this one time during the annual tech process and do an official identity change of sorts on the car and issue a new log book.  From there on out, tech never needs to know it was a 1.6L.  All they know is its a Miata with a log book that has the appropriate bore, stroke, displacement, weight etc, in the log book with the pictures of the car.  It is what they are used to seeing and using and doesn't upset the apple cart.  Otherwise, how does a competitor prove to a tech official that it is a 1.8L car?  The tech officials would have to understand the differences of the 1.6L and 1.8L and try to validate that indeed it is a 1.8 and that all appropriate components were transferred over and cloned appropriately.

The intent here is to try to make this as easy on tech as possible.  There are too many regions and too many tech volunteers to train them all, so as long as the log book is correct that is all they need to worry about, just like today.  Nothing different for them to learn or be concerned about.

Thanks... Sean

• Mike Collins likes this
Sean Hedrick - President
www.miatacage.com
360-606-7734
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Hi Erik...... The turn signal if approved under it's current wording allows only for the NA 1.6 to remove the turn signal. If the clone language were to be approved, then you would need to put the turn signal back into place. Ralph might be able to provide some data, but the NA1.8 uses a different computer and AFM, breathes through the stock air box and takes air from a slightly different place so the comparison to a 1.6 is would not be an apples to apples comparison.

Thanks.... Sean

Actually the 1.8 suffers from the same high intake tempatures. There will be a "What do think" coming out about the 1.8 NA. Does the 1.8 need help the same as the 1.6? Same situation with the exhaust.

The NB cars pull air from the wheelhouse area. So they enjoy a cooler intake charge.
  • Diller likes this
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

It can help from filling up the charcoal canister with fuel.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Tech... The VIN on the cowl says this car is a 1990. Yet the one on the dash says it is a 1995. You have been racing this car for 5 years and you have a brand new logbook? Let me get the Chief.........

Either method has the potential for confusion by uninformed officials. The question is which is going to offer the smoothest path. My opinion is that keeping a logbook with the car is the best method. Many cars have changed engine size (i.e. an MG that runs a 900cc or 1100cc depending upon which engine is installed) and even different classes (i.e. an SM running in STL).

Scenario #3, I just wrecked my 1.6 car. Notations made in the logbook. The front of the motor is damaged. Valve cover busted, timing covers busted, etc. If I am going to fix this car, I might as well do the conversion. Now I get a new logbook and the crash damage is lost from the history.

In my opinion, keeping the same logbook with the appropriate notations is the proper way to go. My letter will be forth coming

dave

Dave Wheeler

608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

It can help from filling up the charcoal canister with fuel.

Again, let me explain. This is a known issue on 1999 model years ONLY. NA cars do not have an issue. 2000-2005 does not have an issue. This mod does NOT effect performance. This mod was approved by the SMAC years ago. It fell through a crack somewhere and is not currently in the GCR.

Kyle etc. who are advocating complete removal of the evap system; Have you ever had a problem with an unmodified evap system on a SM car? I have not. If there is no problem, why make the change.

Allowing the 99's to make this simple, no charge, commonly done, already approved mod makes sense. Removal does not.

Dave

Dave Wheeler

608-313-1230

Sean - MiataCage

Sean - MiataCage

• Moderators
  • 301 posts

Tech... The VIN on the cowl says this car is a 1990. Yet the one on the dash says it is a 1995. You have been racing this car for 5 years and you have a brand new logbook? Let me get the Chief.........

Either method has the potential for confusion by uninformed officials. The question is which is going to offer the smoothest path. My opinion is that keeping a logbook with the car is the best method. Many cars have changed engine size (i.e. an MG that runs a 900cc or 1100cc depending upon which engine is installed) and even different classes (i.e. an SM running in STL).

Scenario #3, I just wrecked my 1.6 car. Notations made in the logbook. The front of the motor is damaged. Valve cover busted, timing covers busted, etc. If I am going to fix this car, I might as well do the conversion. Now I get a new logbook and the crash damage is lost from the history.

In my opinion, keeping the same logbook with the appropriate notations is the proper way to go. My letter will be forth coming

dave

We get brand new log books all the time when we fill them up, so I don't see how a fresh clean log book would throw up any red flags.  Same thing with a lost log book.....

How do individual tech volunteers understand the difference in what constitutes a proper cloning of the vehicle?  Why run the risk of confusion when you only have to be prepared to explain it to a tech official one time when you get the new log book?  From there on out its simple.....  

If it were me, I would be getting all of my paperwork organized with a printout of the proper pages in the GCR that allow for the change (if it ever gets approved) and then get a log book at the pre-season annual tech event so that it never comes up at the track.  If you don't have an pre-season annual tech event, in our region I know we can donate to the workers fund and a tech official will come to the shop and annual tech several cars prior to the first race.  Even worst case scenario you could do it at the first event with the proper documentation and preparation it should be easy as you will only be explaining it one time and not every weekend.  I'm too lazy to look it up now, but I thought I recalled that the GCR only requires one VIN # on the dashboard or chassis that corresponds to the model year classified.

Sean

Sean Hedrick - President
www.miatacage.com
360-606-7734

Todd Lamb

Todd Lamb

Driver Coach // Racer

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

A new logbook is required because the year, engine, VIN and many other items are changing. Effectively it is a new car in the eyes of SCCA. Thus we are requiring a new (1.8 donor) VIN plate on the dash and a new logbook that matches the donor - it's a clean break to clone a 1.6 as a 1.8....if anything on the car doesn't meet the 1.8 rules it is illegal. Pretty simple actually.

The bigger question is should we be allowing this to be done?

Full disclosure: SMAC chairman, my opinions do not reflect anything to do with the SMAC unless specifically stated.

Todd Lamb
Atlanta Speedwerks
www.atlspeedwerks.com
SpeedShift Transmissions - reliability and performance

Spec Miata / Spec Boxster / Spec Cayman specialist

Spec MX-5 Challenge Series Director

Global MX-5 Cup team

MX5 Cup Champion - Has won a Season in the MX5 Cup Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Majors Winner - World Challenge Winner - World Challenge Winner

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

.  I'm too lazy to look it up now, but I thought I recalled that the GCR only requires one VIN # on the dashboard or chassis that corresponds to the model year classified.

Sean

I'm too lazy too.

But, does that mean if I put a 99 VIN tag on the car it becomes a 99?

GCR wording:

1990-1993 1.6 engine cars may update to the 1994-97 engines. Updated cars must race at the current weight and restrictor plate for the 94-97 model years.  The following items must be updated: Complete engine, engine electronics, Engine Control Unit (ECU) wireing harness, Brake calipers, rotors and pads, Differential, driveshaft and axle shafts, air box and intake assembly, exhaust manifold and down pipe. All components used in the update must meet the specs for a 1994-1997 model year car.

Then add an additional Spec Line for 1990-1993 with 1.8 liter engine.

This leaves the VIN code out of the situation and allows the logbook to be continued.

Thank You for your input that is not within anybodies phylosophy.

Dave Wheeler

608-313-1230

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Not that I shive a git, but is there a huge demand for converting an NA 1.6 to an NA 1.8 that I missed? Are OEM NA 1.8s getting scarce? Is there a competitive advantage for doing this? (kinda thought the NA 1.8 was the red-headed step child of SM)

I thought the parity issue just got fixed.

I'm so confused.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Lamb

Todd Lamb

Driver Coach // Racer

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

These are the important questions.

Not that I shive a git, but is there a huge demand for converting an NA 1.6 to an NA 1.8 that I missed? Are OEM NA 1.8s getting scarce? Is there a competitive advantage for doing this? (kinda thought the NA 1.8 was the red-headed step child of SM)

I thought the parity issue just got fixed.

I'm so confused.

Full disclosure: SMAC chairman, my opinions do not reflect anything to do with the SMAC unless specifically stated.

Todd Lamb
Atlanta Speedwerks
www.atlspeedwerks.com

Global MX-5 Cup team

MX5 Cup Champion - Has won a Season in the MX5 Cup Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Majors Winner - World Challenge Winner - World Challenge Winner

Todd Lamb

Todd Lamb

Driver Coach // Racer

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

In theory that would be the case, as long as every part on the car conformed to 99 rules, including the chassis (of course this isn't possible). And in addition there is no provision in the rulebook to convert a 1.6 to a 99. So the answer to your question is NO on many different levels.

But, does that mean if I put a 99 VIN tag on the car it becomes a 99?

Todd Lamb
Atlanta Speedwerks
www.atlspeedwerks.com

Global MX-5 Cup team

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
seems like we are making this way harder than it needs to be.. If you support it send a letter saying so, if you don't send a letter not supporting it. ;)
  • Sean - MiataCage likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users