wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

Hmm, small restrictors - either a new speed secret or volunteer parity?  

• Danny Steyn likes this

Diller

Diller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:13

Found a couple of new RP's that seemed a little small. Interesting! I plan to ask Enterprise about it.

Funny you should say this. My new 47mm RP measures in at 46.7mm. I guess taking the RP to a good machine shop to have it bored out is out of the question?

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73

Funny you should say this. My new 47mm RP measures in at 46.7mm. I guess taking the RP to a good machine shop to have it bored out is out of the question?

All restrictors are made .25 mm small. Current rules say unmodified as supplied by scca enterprises. I spoke with the supplier once about it and he said it was too avoid a production part from ever failing since all come from the same source we are all equal
  • Ron Alan likes this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

speedengineer

speedengineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Car Number:84
A 0.25mm reduction in diameter on a 38mm plate is 1.3% reduction in flow area. :(

Jason Kohler 

#84 SM

www.youtube.com/user/speedengineering

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

A 0.25mm reduction in diameter on a 38mm plate is 1.3% reduction in flow area. :(

Yes but the same for everybody.
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Marc Cefalo

Marc Cefalo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:#00

BTW, we whistled all the top guys plus a few others and everyone was fine. Found a couple of new RP's that seemed a little small. Interesting! I plan to ask Enterprise about it.

two of our cars were pulled in and whistled throughout the weekend.  one had a brand new engine and restrictor plate.  the new restrictor plate was .5mm under.  usually they are only  .2 to .3mm smaller.

something definitely changed with the supplier of plates to Enterprise this year.

Marc Cefalo

www.planet-miata.com

570-262-1013 direct

#1 source for new and used Miata parts and accessories.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

two of our cars were pulled in and whistled throughout the weekend.  one had a brand new engine and restrictor plate.  the new restrictor plate was .5mm under.  usually they are only  .2 to .3mm smaller.

something definitely changed with the supplier of plates to Enterprise this year.

Send it back!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

two of our cars were pulled in and whistled throughout the weekend. one had a brand new engine and restrictor plate. the new restrictor plate was .5mm under. usually they are only .2 to .3mm smaller.

There supplier certainly might have changed. The guy I know that was making them retired from the company.
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users