Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
http://mazdamotorspo...10001&langId=-1

Changes have been made for the 2016 Mazda Contingency Awards. Great news continues: No manufacturer pays more in total contingency to the SCCA and NASA grassroots racers in North America than Mazda!

Whether you’re a club racer, autocrosser or pro, we’ve got you covered.

What are the requirements for submitting a contingency request? Same as 2015; to name a few, you’ll need to submit:

• A current (December 2014) W-9 tax form.

• Photos of your race car displaying the proper logos (proper location on car; correct backgrounds, etc.), ensuring compliance with the 2016 Contingency rules.

• A photo of yourself in your driver’s suit – without helmet – with the 5in. Mazda patch on the chest pocket area. (Not applicable for autocross.)

What is one of the biggest changes?

For the 2016 season, we are asking Mazda competitors to begin replacing the “MAZDASPEED” decal on the front nose/hood with a 22 inch “Mazda” logo decal (same logo decal used on rear fender/quarter panels). For 2016 grassroots' competitors, we will approve contingency award requests with the “Mazda” or “MAZDASPEED” logos. Starting with the 2017 season, race vehicles will be required to have the “Mazda” logo decals only. (Pro teams must be compliant for the 2016 season.)

What are the highlights? Well, too many to reasonably state here, so you’ll need to open the PDF below and ensure you are compliant with all the rules. But for starters:

• $200,000 scholarship for the 2016 Battery Tender MX-5 Cup champion (one among many scholarships for the MRT24 and MRTI ladders).

• $6,000 for Pirelli World Challenge Touring Car win (in 2015, it was $5,000).

• $5000 for an SCCA National Championship Runoffs victory* and for a Pirelli World Challenge Touring Car A win (in 2015, it was $4,000).

• $3500 for a NASA Eastern States or Western States Championships win.

• $1500 for a NASA regional championship.*

• $1200 award for the SCCA SOLO Triad Award.

• $1000 for an SCCA SOLO national championship and Pro SOLO points championship.

• $800 for an SCCA Divisional Points championship or Majors Tour win.**

• In 2016, many of the championship payouts require you or your fellow competitors to compete in a lower percentage of races to be eligible to collect contingency.

• We even pay for time trials, Rally, RallyCross, Formula Drift, endurance racing, and other special events.

Is it any wonder that there are more Mazda’s raced on any given weekend than any other auto manufacturer?
  • ECOBRAP likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

"For the 2016 season, we are asking Mazda competitors to begin replacing the “MAZDASPEED” decal on the front nose/hood with a 22 inch “Mazda” logo decal (same logo decal used on rear fender/quarter panels)."

I kind of liked the mazdaspeed decal, Fit nicly across the nose.

• tylerbrown likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

surlynkid

surlynkid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:20
How about if they mail them to us for free if they want us to change. A little bit petty to make me go buy them to advertise their company.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Yeah. Don't want the giant "Mazda" decal on my hood. I like the mazdaspeed decal way better.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

EricJ

EricJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:Texas

Is the Mazda decal available separately? If so, what's the part number?

I can only find the full set in the Mazdaspeed store.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Part # 0000-10-0022-XX Mazda Logo - 22" length decal

*XX = (WH = White, BK = Black, SL = Silver)

https://mazdamotorsp...ds-Program1.pdf

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Interesting how a regional NASA championship is $1500 but if you win a SCCA divisional points championship, it is only $800. Seems backwards to me...

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Oh and also, the ** means spec Miata is not included. So you don't get money for a Spec Miata majors win, which is arguably the most difficult majors class to win ... but if I run in some class with no cars in my SM I can win $800... WTF?

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Oh and also, the ** means spec Miata is not included. So you don't get money for a Spec Miata majors win, which is arguably the most difficult majors class to win ... but if I run in some class with no cars in my SM I can win $800... WTF?

You know the words "cherry picken" used by short track racers. Ya make a buck how you make a buck.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

You are reading something wrong. Mazda pays $600,$350 and $175 for win, place and show at a Majors in SM. $800,$500 and $250 in other classes. Also pays $600 (as opposed to $800 in other classes) for a divisional (I read that as Regional) championship. The ** only means it is different dollar amounts, not zero dollars.

• Danica Davison likes this

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

You are reading something wrong. Mazda pays $600,$350 and $175 for win, place and show at a Majors in SM. $800,$500 and $250 in other classes. Also pays $600 (as opposed to $800 in other classes) for a divisional (I read that as Regional) championship. The ** only means it is different dollar amounts, not zero dollars.

Ah...I see now.  Thanks!  I jumped the start on that one ;)

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Part # 0000-10-0022-XX Mazda Logo - 22" length decal

*XX = (WH = White, BK = Black, SL = Silver)

https://mazdamotorsp...ds-Program1.pdf

J~

That decal is really big for the front of the cars.. I put in a request to allow the formula car version instead. 

The current one is roughly 4x22 , the formula is 3x16 and will fit our cars much better.  

• Danny Steyn likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

You know the words "cherry picken" used by short track racers. Ya make a buck how you make a buck.

Yep, here's Toyo,

just sayin,

https://nasa-assets.....S911.S3.HC.pdf

J~

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

That decal is really big for the front of the cars.. I put in a request to allow the formula car version instead. 

The current one is roughly 4x22 , the formula is 3x16 and will fit our cars much better.  

:(

Jim,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on the decal. We have received feedback on this topic from others. Taking all of it into account, we are going to remain with the current decal. With your feedback, however, we will revisit this topic during the 2017 season with a consideration for change in 2018.

Thank you,

DAVID COOK     

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Jim,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on the decal. We have received feedback on this topic from others. Taking all of it into account, we are going to remain with the current decal. With your feedback, however, we will revisit this topic during the 2017 season with a consideration for change in 2018.

Thank you,

DAVID COOK     

"Thank you for the suggestion...we will gladly take your money again in 2018"  DC

• Jim Drago, mhiggins10 and Danica Davison like this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Jim,

Thank you,

DAVID COOK     

Sounds like some wanted a 5" x 30" decal so the 4" x 22" is the compromise.  :wacko:

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Jim,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on the decal.

Actually I love this response, especially sent to you or anyone else that ever served on the SMAC or CRB.  This is Mazda's equivalent of "Thank you for your input".  :rant: :banana: :lol:

• Jim Drago likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Actually I love this response, especially sent to you or anyone else that ever served on the SMAC or CRB.  This is Mazda's equivalent of "Thank you for your input".  :rant: :banana: :lol:

wait until I show up with Honda 3x16 Honda stickers :)

• Tom Sager likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

If anybody needs help let me know...

I'm really good at telling people where they can stick it.  :)

J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users